Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

I've recently been accepted into one of Durham's graduate programs and I'm strongly considering it. I was wondering whether the student body is positively receptive to African-American students.

-Emme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmeC)
    Hello All,

I've recently been accepted into one of Durham's graduate programs and I'm strongly considering it. I was wondering whether the student body is positively receptive to African-American students.

-Emme.
    Durham is a relatively medium size university in England with students from all over the world. It is also known that the majority of students at Durham are white but there are a lot of students from minorities and EU countries.

I think your concerns are unfounded as you will find good and bad people everywhere. If you talk about UCL for example, being in London, diversity is higher, as London is a huge melting pot, so diversity is naturally very high.

There is one college in Durham just for postgraduates and you find people from literally every corner of the globe and generally I find that Durham is a very receptive place for people from other countries and cultures. A lot of Americans attend Durham.

If your question also relates to racism, I think you should not be concerned with it. Like I said you need to flexible and enjoy your experience at University no matter what. You will find ***** and ignorant people even in a place such as Stanford and Berkeley.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.