Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE Unit 1 Maths (Higher Tier) - 28th February 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone find this paper challenging? I found it quite easy. Were there any questions that we need to discuss? Maybe you're not sure if the answer you gave was right? I took this paper and I would be intrigued to discuss anything about the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I did the edexcel paper and it was much easier than the previous one. Does that mean the grade boundaries will be higher than before?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the easier the paper, the higher the grade boundaries. They normally only go up at most by 4 marks on AQA, I'm not sure about Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    alright thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*starstudent)
    Did anyone find this paper challenging? I found it quite easy. Were there any questions that we need to discuss? Maybe you're not sure if the answer you gave was right? I took this paper and I would be intrigued to discuss anything about the paper.
    I found it fairly decent just want to see i got this right.
    what did you get for the histogram question where it sed 224 of these people travel more than i do estimate the number of miles i travel.
    I cant remember the exact wording but it was on the last side before the bottles question.
    i got 15.75 miles

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, the second to last question. I believe it was 17 miles. As you had to calculate 224 people after the persons time; so the last group has 200 people in it. And the second to last group had 80 people in it, and there are 224 people before the persons time. So you have to subtract 24 from 80 which gives you 56, so 56/80 is in it's simplest form 7/10. I can't remember the question but, now you take 7/10's of the total miles, which I believe was 17 miles.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.