Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    i think many people say that...but you don't truly know how you would feel until it actually happens to you...
    but i think its pretty obvious that killin ur own child is somethin any woman wud struggle to get over it

ReputationRep:
    if i was a woman i would abort; i think it would be too hard to care for a child at that age and i would probably begin to resent it and blame it for any difficulties i may happen to be in. can always try again when you are ready.

obviously the voice of a man what pigs we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    if i was a woman i would abort; i think it would be too hard to care for a child at that age and i would probably begin to resent it and blame it for any difficulties i may happen to be in. can always try again when you are ready.

But why not just have the baby and give it up for adoption?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    coz at least then it has a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    i think many people say that...but you don't truly know how you would feel until it actually happens to you...
    I agree. Anyone that is 100% sure of their views on issues like this is very lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

my mum raised me fine, and personally im all the better for having a younger mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    carry it for full term just to have it taken away? i couldn't. and from what ive read there are already a lot of babies and children up for adoption and not enough people to adopt them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    that's true, it wasn't the baby's fault that it's there, it's your own carelessness that got you pregnant in the first place, so why should the life of the baby be taken away! i think it would definately be better to have the baby and give it up for adoption if you really dont want it that much, rather than abort it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    carry it for full term just to have it taken away? i couldn't. and from what ive read there are already a lot of babies and children up for adoption and not enough people to adopt them.
    it's the children that dont get adopted because couple prefer to have a baby rather that a child.

ReputationRep:
    im the opp. my mum and dad were late wen they had me. theyd had other kids wen they were married b4 and younger. im nearly 18 now and my mum and dad are 55 and 66. i have no complaints at all! finacially we have struggled tremendously, but otherthan that they have done a perfect job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad kuri)
    it's the children that dont get adopted because couple prefer to have a baby rather that a child.
    still many want to have their own. especially with this talk of 3 rounds of IVF on the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I can understand that viewpoint and I suppose that's why abortion happens. On one hand, a baby shouldn't die, if you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to have a baby, etc. But on the other hand, I assume just being preganant would be pretty disruptive to your life, especially if you've got exams etc coming up and it must be very hard to give a baby up for adoption. I don't think anyone could truly say what they'd do unless it happened to them.

ReputationRep:
    Just want to join!
    In Febuary i found out that i was two months pregnant. I went to a clinic to talk about my options with my fiance and found out i was three not two.
    On Wednesday last week i wen through with an abortion because i couldnt have a child neither could i give it away.
    I am sorry that i did it now, but at the end of the day i am only 18! My parents didnt know and i was stuck with only my fiance to talk to. I did what i thought he wanted and what i thought we needed as a couple!

Does that make me a B***H?

ReputationRep:
    a lot of couples who want kids cant. so those who dont want children shud have their child and give it away to those who can care for it and bring it up in a way the biological aprents cudnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    coz at least then it has a life
    Yes adoption does give the chance at life, but it can also cause a LOT of trauma for the child/adoptive parents/the natural parents...in the long run. I'm not saying that people should have abortions just to avoid future hassle but adoption can often be the cause of family break ups, severe depression, suicides... None of the options available for dealing with unwanted babies are pleasant, it's such a difficult thing to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyFadge)
    Just want to join!
    In Febuary i found out that i was two months pregnant. I went to a clinic to talk about my options with my fiance and found out i was three not two.
    On Wednesday last week i wen through with an abortion because i couldnt have a child neither could i give it away.
    I am sorry that i did it now, but at the end of the day i am only 18! My parents didnt know and i was stuck with only my fiance to talk to. I did what i thought he wanted and what i thought we needed as a couple!

Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Just want to join!

Not at all. I would be terrified of telling my parents that I'd been having sex, let alone that I was pregnant! I'm sure if I found out that I was pregnant it was cross my mind that by having an abortion, my parents would never need to find out. It must have been a hard decision for you to make though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad kuri)
    that's true, it wasn't the baby's fault that it's there, it's your own carelessness that got you pregnant in the first place, so why should the life of the baby be taken away! i think it would definately be better to have the baby and give it up for adoption if you really dont want it that much, rather than abort it.
    I was on the pill and still got pregnant. If you are in a loving relationship you tend not use anything else!
    Although i have sorted out my dilemma by going through with an abortion against my better judgement!

ReputationRep:
    Just want to join!

no it certainly doesnt. and its gr8 ur fiance stuck by u!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Not at all. I would be terrified of telling my parents that I'd been having sex, let alone that I was pregnant! I'm sure if I found out that I was pregnant it was cross my mind that by having an abortion, my parents would never need to find out. It must have been a hard decision for you to make though.
    Yeah it wasnt my first choice though! But i wasnt bullied into it either. My fiance tended to drop hints into things that we were doing, by saying if we had a baby we would not be able to do it!

Its saved a lot of heart ache and anger in the long run but i am hurting in more ways than one now! And he has gone back to Uni and i feel so alone

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2005
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.