Turn on thread page Beta

teen pregnancy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    My parents do love me unconditionally and they would never ever turn their backs on me, I know that for sure. But I just know that having sex/getting pregnant/especially having an abortion, would hurt them so much. I don't ever want to hurt them. But I know they'd be there for me and I suppose that's what counts.
    i think some parents think that if u let ur kids do things like that, theyre goona think that they can get away with anything, i hate parents like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    do u ever feel like rebeling?
    Of course, but I don't do it for the sheer hell of rebelling. I only do it because I have to. I've persuaded them around to the view that boyfriends are ok, but even that took a lot of time.

If for example, your parents forbid you to even see or talk with the guy you're in love with, what do you do then? You have to rebel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Of course, but I don't do it for the sheer hell of rebelling. I only do it because I have to. I've persuaded them around to the view that boyfriends are ok, but even that took a lot of time.

If for example, your parents forbid you to even see or talk with the guy you're in love with, what do you do then? You have to rebel.
    u always gotta think that most parents are hypocrites, they did naughty things that got them into trouble thats why they will do their upmost to prevent u from doin it

ReputationRep:
    i think some parents think that if u let ur kids do things like that, theyre goona think that they can get away with anything, i hate parents like that
    I'm lucky with my parents- they've never minded me having bf's, don't mind us going away together, don't put any restrictions on our relationship. Deep down they probably realise that I've had sex but I'd still hate to tell them I was pregnant and confirm this fact for them. They'd be upset but they would still support me.

ReputationRep:
    u always gotta think that most parents are hypocrites, they did naughty things that got them into trouble thats why they will do their upmost to prevent u from doin it
    Well...for both my parents, it was their first relationship and they actually did follow the No Sex Before Marriage Rule.

Not hypocrites, just strong views.

Plus, they were both amazing academically and frown at me when I come home with 97%. "Why didn't you get 100%?" I'm never good enough and they're not actually being that hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I'm lucky with my parents- they've never minded me having bf's, don't mind us going away together, don't put any restrictions on our relationship. Deep down they probably realise that I've had sex but I'd still hate to tell them I was pregnant and confirm this fact for them. They'd be upset but they would still support me.
    That's still lovely and wonderful. I think it's great that your parents can be so supportive of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    That's still lovely and wonderful. I think it's great that your parents can be so supportive of you.
    Yes, but I think me having an abortion would really test their support- they are totally anti it so if I ever decided to have one there is no way in hell I'd ever tell them.

ReputationRep:
    I can't go to my parents with any problems, just don't feel that I can talk to them about anything personal.

ReputationRep:
    My mum would go nuts if I got pregnant and didnt have a serious significant other and I'm 24.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read noone here has been in this situation, Well, i have. I'm 19 and i'm the proud mother a 14 month old boy. He has in no way ruined my life. i thank God for him every night. To the girl who made this post, my addvice is stick by her side, she's going to need all the support you can give her. And if you are a true friend, this will not ruin your relationship. Good Luck to your friend!

ReputationRep:
    nice thread revival....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

My mum has always been really supportive of me regarding things like that. She found a pregnancy test in my room once and came and sat down to talk to me about it. Of course i ran away and wouldn't talk to her. But she had me when she was 21/22 and i know she'd stand by me if i went through the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    My parents would go SPARE if I got pregnant, and that's probably why I wouldn't involve them in my abortion or anything like that.

I would have trouble handing my own feelings of disgust without theirs on top of it all!
    You would abort?? :confused:

wow... I think one of the saddest things in the world is the fact that when people announce they are pregnant the first words anyone else says are "are you gonna keep it??"...

I could never abort... if only for the sake of all the people out there that may NEVER have kids... because they cant... maybe thats just me tho...

ReputationRep:
    being a mother is a blessing... at this age is... not stupid, but complicated, you know?, the school, the friends, the lifestyle of some girl at that age... good luck, and prepare to the miracle of life

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like people have had abortions for social reasons here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Sounds like people have had abortions for social reasons here...
    Says the man, who can just run away from all responsibility if it gets too tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Says the man, who can just run away from all responsibility if it gets too tough.
    I don't practice sex thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I don't practice sex thank you.
    That still doesn't make it ok for you to pass judgment on every single woman who has to make the choice over abortion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    That still doesn't make it ok for you to pass judgment on every single woman who has to make the choice over abortion.
    I have a right to, it's called freedom of expression. And I have not passed a judgment on every woman's choice on abortion, only ones who make it out it wasn't for medical reasons (and yes I've come across plenty of those thanks) set out in the Abortion Act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIlverWings)
    You would abort?? :confused:

wow... I think one of the saddest things in the world is the fact that when people announce they are pregnant the first words anyone else says are "are you gonna keep it??"...

I could never abort... if only for the sake of all the people out there that may NEVER have kids... because they cant... maybe thats just me tho...
    They ask that only when it's teens who don't know what the hell they're doing. I don't believe that question comes up when it's a 25ish married couple getting pregnant.

For the sake of all the people that don't have food I should eat as much as possible... don't throw food away etc...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2005
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.