Turn on thread page Beta

teen pregnancy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_prk)
    From what I've read noone here has been in this situation, Well, i have. I'm 19 and i'm the proud mother a 14 month old boy. He has in no way ruined my life. i thank God for him every night. To the girl who made this post, my addvice is stick by her side, she's going to need all the support you can give her. And if you are a true friend, this will not ruin your relationship. Good Luck to your friend!
    she had a little boy, Joshua.

he's lovely and shes doing really well with him, amazingly his dad has stood by her side and they are now living together with their own house and a good income, seems its the best thing that could have happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    They ask that only when it's teens who don't know what the hell they're doing. I don't believe that question comes up when it's a 25ish married couple getting pregnant.

For the sake of all the people that don't have food I should eat as much as possible... don't throw food away etc...
    You shouldnt eat as much as possible... but you shouldnt throw food away... :confused:

shouldnt the first question be "what you gonna do??" rather than "are you gonna keep it??"... just seems cruel... (and I did mean in teens, not married couples or older women... sry, didnt make myself clear...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIlverWings)
    You shouldnt eat as much as possible... but you shouldnt throw food away... :confused:

shouldnt the first question be "what you gonna do??" rather than "are you gonna keep it??"... just seems cruel... (and I did mean in teens, not married couples or older women... sry, didnt make myself clear...)
    what you gonna do is too neutral. Since most of them actually do go through with an abortion are you gonna keep it is more natural.

Off course I throw food away and shower a lot, wouldn't make a difference if I didn't as it doesn't make a different if you keep the baby or not (from needing people's perspective)

ReputationRep:
    ok, i need a bit of advice.
    i found out a couple of days ago that my mate bobby has had sex with her bf simon twice now. the problem is,she is 12, and he is 14. they r both underage and have only been seeing each other 4 like, 2 or 3 months. also, his dad and her mum are seeing each other, so it's going to be awful if thier parents ever had a kid. i'm not sure if they would've used protection coz it sounds like it was a 'caught in the moment' thing, so if they didnt there is a chance she could be pregnant, and at 12 almost 13, thats not the best thing. she has told a couple of people at school, but one girl she has told is commpletely untrustworthy and so by the end of the easter hols, it will be all ova the school, and she'll be labled a complete ****, and will probably become very depressed. i just dont know what to say to her when i see her, shes is normally a really sensible girl and shes not the person youd expect to be so damn stupid!! she didnt tell me herself though, so i dont know whether i should say anything. any1 got ne advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eu Frumoaso)
    ok, i need a bit of advice.
    i found out a couple of days ago that my mate bobby has had sex with her bf simon twice now. the problem is,she is 12, and he is 14. they r both underage and have only been seeing each other 4 like, 2 or 3 months. also, his dad and her mum are seeing each other, so it's going to be awful if thier parents ever had a kid. i'm not sure if they would've used protection coz it sounds like it was a 'caught in the moment' thing, so if they didnt there is a chance she could be pregnant, and at 12 almost 13, thats not the best thing. she has told a couple of people at school, but one girl she has told is commpletely untrustworthy and so by the end of the easter hols, it will be all ova the school, and she'll be labled a complete ****, and will probably become very depressed. i just dont know what to say to her when i see her, shes is normally a really sensible girl and shes not the person youd expect to be so damn stupid!! she didnt tell me herself though, so i dont know whether i should say anything. any1 got ne advice?
    i suggest going to her family planning clinic, they don't judge they just give sound information and it is not as embarassing as you'd think. they would talk to her about contraception and about the whole parents dating thing etc.
    as for it being around school im afraid i dont think there is much that u can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    my friend announced to me this morning that shes 11 weeks pregnant, shes almost 19, i sort of feel happy for her but dont cus shes just wasting her life, is there any1 else against this situation or wot??
    I think its different for everyone and not ones place to judge. For you it maybe the end of the world but maybe its just a new direction for your friend. When my friend became pregnant I was mortified and felt sorry for her and now I'm ashamed I felt that way as her life is so different now. Sh'e finishing her degree in 2 months, she has a flat and a place on a PGCE course. Her life has direction and a purpose and there arent many who can say that?
    I'm not saying that all situations are like this but you shouldnt feel pity for your friend. You should be pleased and support her.

ReputationRep:
    Is she going to keep it? Its good that she's in a long term relationship. I say good luck with whatever she decides to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    did u read about that 13 yrs old (or maybe 12) who wanted to ahve a baby so much she went with just anyone! she is now 19 and the kiddy is 6!
    thats stupid!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    I think its different for everyone and not ones place to judge.
    completely agree!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2005
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.