Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to Shave around Spots? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a 16 (nearly 17) year old male and I have been shaving around my mouth (from above my upper lip to below my chin) for about a year because that was the first place I started to grow hair on my face. Now I want to start shaving my cheeks as they have become hairy, they dont look that bad but in harsh light I can see they are really hairy.

The problem is that I have some spots on my cheeks, I dont have many at all and they very small but I know if i dragged a razor over them I would surely cut them open. I do not want to shave around my spots because when the hair starts growing back thicker it will look terrible having some stubble around some spots and I am always having spots popping up and going away. My question is how do other people deal with this?, I see tonnes of guys at my school who have loads of spots on their cheeks and obviously shave them because one week they have a beard and the next week they are clean shaven.

Thanks for your help - and just as a side question if you know of any good products to get rid of spots could you recommend them - I really know nothing about spots and have never cared about them before, but i do wash my face with soap everyday.

Thanks again

A single-blade safety razor - not a multi-blade cartridge flymo - combined with a light touch and lathering up with decent shaving soap applied with a brush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATAL96)
    I am a 16 (nearly 17) year old male and I have been shaving around my mouth (from above my upper lip to below my chin) for about a year because that was the first place I started to grow hair on my face. Now I want to start shaving my cheeks as they have become hairy, they dont look that bad but in harsh light I can see they are really hairy.

The problem is that I have some spots on my cheeks, I dont have many at all and they very small but I know if i dragged a razor over them I would surely cut them open. I do not want to shave around my spots because when the hair starts growing back thicker it will look terrible having some stubble around some spots and I am always having spots popping up and going away. My question is how do other people deal with this?, I see tonnes of guys at my school who have loads of spots on their cheeks and obviously shave them because one week they have a beard and the next week they are clean shaven.

Thanks for your help - and just as a side question if you know of any good products to get rid of spots could you recommend them - I really know nothing about spots and have never cared about them before, but i do wash my face with soap everyday.

Thanks again
    I cant give you suggestions on shaving but for I can for spot treatment. I used to find clerisil worked well for me when I was younger (they do a formula just for men now, dont know how its different) and my brother uses tea tree oil when he gets them (oil neat and applied directly on to spots) and says it works for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.