The Student Room Group
You mean UMS marks. UCAS points are what each A-level and AS grade is worth in terms of uni entry. You won't be able to convert a raw mark into an exact UMS mark because the boundaries change every year according to how everyone across the country does, but you can get a rough idea by dividing the maximum UMS mark, eg 90, by the maximum raw mark, eg 60, and then multiplying this by your raw mark. So for example, 48/60 in raw marks would initially become 72/90, an A, in UMS marks, but this score would then be adjusted to take into account difficulty in relation to previous years. So if it was an easy year, it might be scaled down to 68/90, but if it was a hard year, it might be scaled up to 76/90.
Reply 2
kellywood_5
You mean UMS marks. UCAS points are what each A-level and AS grade is worth in terms of uni entry. You won't be able to convert a raw mark into an exact UMS mark because the boundaries change every year according to how everyone across the country does, but you can get a rough idea by dividing the maximum UMS mark, eg 90, by the maximum raw mark, eg 60, and then multiplying this by your raw mark. So for example, 48/60 in raw marks would initially become 72/90, an A, in UMS marks, but this score would then be adjusted to take into account difficulty in relation to previous years. So if it was an easy year, it might be scaled down to 68/90, but if it was a hard year, it might be scaled up to 76/90.

Yeah sorry I got confussed! I did mean UMS marks. Thanks for that answer... at least I will have a rough idea now

Latest