Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

I just had meat from Tesco's :L Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danya1)
    All I was saying, was that seeing as halal/kosher are certified etc, in order to avoid scandal, it may be a better option.
    No, you said it "teaches you to" always eat said meat, as if it was a moral indignation to eat meat not prepared in this manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    I'm just sat here waiting for the day we see about a halal meat scandal and when that day comes, I'll be over the moon, truly.
    The fact that you do not say the same about kosher is offensive. Any Muslim's over here wanna give Dr DaMan a lesson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    This statement is simply wrong and makes me think that you know little/nothing about the slaughtering process.
    I've seen it happen in third world countries. All they do is they get a Chicken, and chop it's little head of. The chicken doesn't have time to reach or fear due to how rapidly they do it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry OP Tesco have a stable supply chain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexagon999)
    I cringe at every terrible horse joke I hear
    Lmfao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjsmith94)
    Only from certain suppliers.
    Yes only from their "organic" suppliers in Ukraine, Poland and Bulgaria which means Tesco have discontinued all meat.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to bridle when I come across threads like this.

ReputationRep:
    this is actually getting boring now.... not funny at all.

ReputationRep:
    well.... why the long face? ^^

ReputationRep:
    oh as if you didn't have fake meat at some point in your life like Spam and Corned beef?

Why are people over reacting now when people never had any problems buying greasy takeaway on the smallest corner shops almost everywhere?

Seriously, ugh.

ReputationRep:
    teaches you to always have halal/kosher meat
    I'd infinitely rather eat a humanely slaughtered horse burger.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Kosher rocks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Most likely because you implied everyone should eat halal/kosher meat. If that's your cultural/religious belief, then that's fine and you should be able to, but neither should you have an issue with people who choose not to.
    Did he say he had an issue? he gave a recommendation to those wanting to avoid eating horse meat.. when you go to get a kebab do you cry whilst eating it?... seeing though its most likely halal meat.

ReputationRep:
    :mob::mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalJessica)
    I just had Tesco beef, from funny enough Tesco's! I'm going to be "Neighing" all day tomorrow.
    I love me some mystery meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeppy)
    Did he say he had an issue? he gave a recommendation to those wanting to avoid eating horse meat.. when you go to get a kebab do you cry whilst eating it?... seeing though its most likely halal meat.
    I don't really like kebabs and no, I don't personally have a problem with eating it: the area I live in is majority Muslim so it's very common. Personally, I feel I'll either be a veggie (one day... if I can every summon the willpower) or eat whatever as it's fairly cruel anyway. I just don't like the moral judgement telling others what they should or shouldn't eat, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    why are there so many haters, I got two negatives, I mean come on, your eating the animal in the first place, so does it really matter then how it dies, when it dies, it dies. Plus, halal/kosher is slaughtered in a way that it happens in a flash so that the animal feels little or no pain.
    Reason being is that you are most likely Muslim and there are alot of racist on this website, you probs received your warnings for expressing yourself which is a joke because it is fine when people are bashing the Islamic fait, they will not see one single warning point which leads me to believe staff also share the same views. BTW Im not muslim, I'm just not an ignorant hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen it happen in third world countries. All they do is they get a Chicken, and chop it's little head of. The chicken doesn't have time to reach or fear due to how rapidly they do it.
    And how about with larger animals? You think that disallowing stunning prior to draining the animal's blood is in any way humane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    And how about with larger animals? You think that disallowing stunning prior to draining the animal's blood is in any way humane?
    Do you know whats funny is all these Islamic haters are so worried about animals yet they do not care about the killing of innocent people lol.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.