The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by FCI
neither as many as islamists have killed in moslem countires which is the point you ignored earlier- showing your childish bias on this matter. you are not concerend about casualties, you are making a political statement that usa killing moslems is worse than moslems killin moslems. That is backward thinking and i pointed it out to ash92 earlier.if there were no islamists or terrorists, the usa would not be in iraq or afganistan. It is not jsut the USA that you conflict with is it. If islamists learnt to live peacefully and tollerantly with other religions, the media would have nothing to report- these are the bare bones of the whole subject. But you dont want to face up to them.

I asked you what Islamists you're talking about?
Reply 201
is not muslim who is being portray as terrorist, is terrorists who are muslim who are being portray as terrorist.
Reply 202
Original post by Lakesx
Oh no, I have learnt Arabic, fasted, prayed etc. all the 5 pillars(apart from hajj), the same for my older brother, who I do not see that often so he does not influence me as such... in the sense that we do not talk about religion and he does not force his ideas on me. It is just something I have chosen myself, I would say I am probably a humanist. I respect you for having faith, I am just a very cynical person...^-^

Oh right. I've heard of 'humanists' before. Have you read the Qur'an with translation? :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by Mazy95
It's always about US officials say this, US officials say that. Where's the proof?! Show it to us! Great though, two terrorists compared to over 1000 of civilians killed with drones. If there were two serial killers in a building with 2000 others, would you bomb the whole building down? No. .
so why ask the question if you throw a tantrum at the answer?
Original post by Mazy95
Pfft, what Islamists? .
so islamists dont exist now? theres no such thing as terrorism?
Original post by Mazy95
No they didn't. Assad and Gaddafi were supported by their people. Syria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h-6CCE-Sew .
seriously dude are you like 9 or something, becuase if im in the middle of a debate against a 9 y/o i need to change tack. it would explain the nonsense you coming out with. both assad and gaddaffis enemies begged west for support, and we gave it to them, becuase assad and gaddaffi are enemies of the west( and friends with china) did you not see libyan people shoot gaddaffi in the head, it was on youtube too.
Original post by Mazy95
He was a puppet of the USA at that time. He did what they told him to do. The Americans were secretly supporting both sides. But when Saddam Hussein rebelled against the Americans, he was killed. Americans have killed more people than they claimed Saddam did. .
why would usa want to kill kurds and shias? usa like the rest of us dont give a toss about islamic sectarianism, saddam and co was moslems killing each other been going on for the entire history of islam. Youve made a fool of yourself.
Original post by Mazy95
Where is your proof that Bin Laden was found in Pakistan? .
where is yours he wasnt. have you heard from him lately?
Original post by Mazy95
You're talking about prisoners of war turned slaves. In Islam, you're meant to treat slaves good as well. Clothe them from what you have and feed that from what you have. Not like how the Europeans raped, tortured and killed African slaves.
three words for you - Arab Slave Trade.
Reply 204
Original post by FCI
so islamists dont exist now? theres no such thing as terrorism?seriously dude are you like 9 or something, becuase if im in the middle of a debate against a 9 y/o i need to change tack. it would explain the nonsense you coming out with.

Now you're just trying to say that all Muslims are terrorists? I'm asking you which Islamists you're talking about. Or are you referring to the US/NATO backed rebels?

both assad and gaddaffis enemies begged west for support, and we gave it to them, becuase assad and gaddaffi are enemies of the west( and friends with china) did you not see libyan people shoot gaddaffi in the head, it was on youtube too.

I did see it. It was disgusting. How can you kill a man that has done so much for his country? Do you want me to copy and paste my response to other person about Gaddafi?
They are enemies of the West for good reasons. Obviously, for you people China and Russia will be corrupt too because they support many of the Muslim countries against the West.
Are you referring to the slave trade that occurred before Islam appeared?

"There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for the white over the black nor for black over the white except in piety."

—Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 205
Original post by FCI
we are talking about islamist terrorists here arnt we, what are you talkin about?bin laden hid in a cavem then moved to a luxury mansion.lol yes you are right these terrorists are 'well hidden' :rolleyes: i mean brilliant hiding place isnt it, in a big walled mansion down the road from pakistani intellegence headquarters. what chance did they have to know?all these islamists all over he world, so well hidden their own moslem governemnts cant find them, but usa cant hit them in the face from 3 miles up in the sky directed from langley virginia.i think you need some real -life experiecne before continuing this debate.and i asked you where ottomans and sultans lived? no answer

It's blatantly an obvious attempt at a circular argument :clap2:

And well done in the self-refutation there. You described very nicely how it is so unlikely that the Pakistani government (and you call them Moslem governments, having what relevance? Do they operate in absolute compliance with shariah? Clearly not.) did not know of the whereabouts - which I elaborated on in my previous post that you quoted. You also showed nicely how it would seem daft for the most wanted terrorist alive at the time to be living "down the road from Pakistani intelligence headquarters". Well done.

And so you back up my view that Osama wasn't there, it was all a load of rubbish, and this is conclusively supported by the fact that they apparently 'immediately dumped him in the sea without taking any photographic evidence'.

One has to be severely mentally challenged to believe this story to be true, in reality it was a despicable act of bloodshed to promote re-election in the US government. If you still deny this, then I pity you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 206
Original post by Error4001
Do you even know what an "oxymoron" is?

Here are some examples:

Living death.
Accurate estimate.
Elected King.

Now tell me how "Religion of Peace" is an oxymoron?

Because religion creates exactly the opposite of peace. :rolleyes:
Don't be so condescending.
Original post by mariachi
hmmmm...

a case of bland paranoia

nothing really serious, of course

however, stay away from those conspiracy theories (for a few months, at least)

that will be 60 quid, thnx

What an incredibly ignorant thing to say. I guess you also believe Bush and Blair are not war criminals, yes? Incredible.
Reply 208
Original post by TheFrozenLake.
Where did I imply it had?Your making yourself look like a clown.
at least i can hold an argument
No they were voted in.
nopeIf you say so. i do
The rebels planned to attack Medina.
says who? the warlord that had them all killed? lol
Muhammed (saw) ruled Arabia and the leadership of it would be succeeded by his successor as it said in a sahih hadith.
who wrote the hadith, mohammed? nope, his successors. Coincidence?
Since Abu Bakr (r.a) was elected, He was to be a successor and keep civil order a d peace, defeat rebels who were causing mayhem and havoc in the state.
thats his view on matters - Assad could claim hes doing exactly the same thing killing sunni moslems in syria.

Can we agree to disagree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately there has always been one group that has been singled out as being the 'enemy'. Look back to the 1970's it was the Vietnamese then before that it was Russians and Eastern Europeans.
Reply 211
Can we agree to disagree?Posted from TSR Mobile
of course, if you dont mind being wrong :biggrin:
Reply 212
Original post by Mazy95
Now you're just trying to say that all Muslims are terrorists? I'm asking you which Islamists you're talking about. Or are you referring to the US/NATO backed rebels?I did see it. It was disgusting. How can you kill a man that has done so much for his country? Do you want me to copy and paste my response to other person about Gaddafi? They are enemies of the West for good reasons. Obviously, for you people China and Russia will be corrupt too because they support many of the Muslim countries against the West. Are you referring to the slave trade that occurred before Islam appeared? "There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for the white over the black nor for black over the white except in piety." —Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
you are struggling to answer the points raised to you.have you looked up arab history yet, slave trade etc?
Reply 213
Shall we just settle this so the conspiracy nuts can go somewhere else. In the UK Muslims are not portrayed as terrorists, terrorists are portrayed as terrorists if they oppose the west's ideology and kill people to further their aims, terrorists are portrayed as freedom fighters if their aim is seen as overthrow of a tyrannical (in the opinion of western governments) regime and in doing so kill people.

Remember 'One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.' It's all about perspective.
Reply 214
Original post by ash92:)
It's blatantly an obvious attempt at a circular argument :clap2:And well done in the self-refutation there. You described very nicely how it is so unlikely that the Pakistani government (and you call them Moslem governments, having what relevance?did not know of the whereabouts - which I elaborated on in my previous post that you quoted. You also showed nicely how it would seem daft for the most wanted terrorist alive at the time to be living "down the road from Pakistani intelligence headquarters". Well done.
Daft if you werent aware that paksitan has been funding and training islamist terroists for decades, then it makes perfect sense that worlds most wanted terrorist lives down the road from paksitani intelligence. But then i think the irony used in last post went over your head. USA (and everyone else) known for years about pakistanis two-facedness involvemnt in terrorism, but didnt really become their business till 9/11. then paksitanwere all like " bin laden not our country" , they obviously had no clue USA had ability to track him, fly into their country, excecute him and fly out without them even knowing.most if not all major terrorist incidents can trace some link back to paksitan, not more than few days ago 3 british moslem men were jailed for triaing in paksitan then planning to attack targets in birmingham, This was thwarted because we in uk, sharing with europe and uas have a network of anti islamist inteligence, that infirltrates mosques and online forums tracking islamist acticity and collecting evidence. pakistan does none of this, despite all the terorsit activity sitting on their doorstep. becuase they have no inclination to stop islamists. this goes for taleban and few east african moslem states too. These states only do anything when pressurred by the USA. they are a firmal illustrationof point i made about moslems refusing to act against fellow moslems and islamists. the other moslem post on this thread also illustrate it.[QUOTE=ash92[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];41722675] Do they operate in absolute compliance with shariah? Clearly not. Does anyone? whats that got to do with it, so you claim pakistanis arnt moslem now? are there then zero genuine moslems in the world then?[QUOTE=ash92[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];41722675]And so you back up my view that Osama wasn't there, it was all a load of rubbish, and this is conclusively supported by the fact that they apparently 'immediately dumped him in the sea without taking any photographic evidence'. you need to re-examine your understanding of the words 'back up my view'i guess you are now going to move on to the moon landings and how they never happedned either..[QUOTE=ash92[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];41722675]One has to be severely mentally challenged to believe this story to be true, in reality it was a despicable act of bloodshed to promote re-election in the US government. in terms of your above story, i agree.
Reply 215
Original post by FCI
at least i can hold an argumentnopeIf you say so.
i dosays who? the warlord that had them all killed? lolwho wrote the hadith, mohammed? nope, his successors. Coincidence?thats his view on matters - Assad could claim hes doing exactly the same thing killing sunni moslems in syria.

Are you kidding me?! 'Who wrote the hadith, Mohammed?" Please go look up the meaning of hadith because you just made yourself look like a fool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's just due to a large majority of terrorists are Muslim.
Then the media and idiots in society believe that 'all'/'most' followers of Islam are terrorists, and that their religion encourages it. They believe it is encouraged in Islam to become a terrorist, and it's not, nothing more than a de-contextualization of the verses in the Qu'ran,
Reply 217
Original post by FCI
it doesnt matter, unless they instigate conflict (ie train terrorists and send them to threaten usa etc) then it becomes an issue to be dealt with.

But wasn't the "instigation of conflict" instigated by US foreign policy which seeks to promote and advocate democracy/Western values in lands where the "terrorists" do not want it.

no you dont, not in sunnah anyway. You now have a mish-mash of western influenced voting rights (ie egypt ) and an 'islamic elected governemt, whcih is a contradiction in terms. eh?

I was talking about a Shura.

the caliph makes up the rules as he goes along.

The Caliph is in most cases, the Amir-ul-Mumimeen. As such, he follows the Quran and Sunnah. In Islam, you cannot "make up rules as [you] go along". The rules are there and the Caliph just makes sure of it's implementation.

its the same as caliphate.

How so?

they oppressed some people not all, there were hundreds of thousands that fought against rebels you prob dont realise, as is the case in all turmoil in middle east. depending on what side you are on there is opression, or enforcment of law and order. to western eyes this is just more moslem civil war. Yes puppets were installed (by us british not US) to keep peace in a region that couldnt be relied upon tp be peaceful otherwise. Has anything since proved this theory wrong? Is there any islamic country that doesnt have issues with islamist terrorism?

Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, to name a few were and some of them still are backed by Western governments. These countries are cracking down on protesters.

The issue of "Islamists" came as a result of the puppets of the West. Your argument is just circular. The reason why the West doesn't like the Islamists is because they threaten the status quo. The West are happy with dictators suppressing their own people for business gains and then they turn around and preach "democracy". Hypocritical?

almost certainly,who would stop them, ordinary moslems?

These "Islamists" want Sharia. And under Sharia, one cannot "create new laws" nor be "above the law" so your argument is non-existent.

pretty much every

Which ones did not?

meaning what?

How do you get rid of a democratically elected leader who decides to nuke a country because he doesn't like another country's national flag?

yes it is uh huh. histroy explains the present.

Doesn't predict the future.
Reply 218
Original post by ed-
Because religion creates exactly the opposite of peace. :rolleyes:
Don't be so condescending.

Buddhism is a war mongering religion?
Reply 219
The portrayal is taken from what we see from a lot of Muslim majority countries IMO not only what happened in 9/11.

Quick Reply

Latest