The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by ash92:)
Osama? yes, as far as most people know, he was responsible for some bombings, was he not.

I've never heard of it so I asked.
Original post by Danya1
In my opinion, it was America that carried out the World Trade Center bombings, and Muslim's were the scape goats for it. Thought this is relevant as it is one of the main reasons that Muslims are called terrorists. Secondly, Islam is a religion of peace, therefore surely a terrorist shall not be called or considered a Muslim even though they usually claim to be doing their actions in the name of Islam.

Please stop disliking, we are all entitles to our own opinions.

To be honest, I'm a Muslim and not going to deny the fact that there are Muslim terrorists out there... However the fact is that it's not only Muslims! Has anybody considered the IRA or other such organisations? (Terrorism is the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.) (From Google Definitions) Therefore it doesn't matter what race or religion you are, 'cause according to the definition if they behave in such a way, they will also be regarded as a Terrorist!
Reply 262
Original post by FCI
So how is cowardly islamists deliberatley attacking civilians all over the place 'defending themselves' ?islamists rarely engage military opponents face to face, whenever they do they usually get shredded. Which is why they have actually killed more civilians than any us soldiers, but you again still support them? sounds very much you are either a terrorism sympathiser, or a hypocrite, or both.And its not just USA that go after islamists, why no comment about all the other countries that islamists conflict with, france right now are wiping out islamists in mali.

Oh God, I asked you a simple question. WHAT ISLAMISTS? I already pointed out the Western leaders back some rebel groups whereas fight the others so if you're referring to either groups killings innocent people, I don't agree with it but the killings of innocents is being carried out by Western backed terrorists as far as I have known.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned France in my previous comment. I also mentioned Algeria and Niger.
Reply 263
Original post by FCI
So how is cowardly islamists deliberatley attacking civilians all over the place 'defending themselves' ?islamists rarely engage military opponents face to face, whenever they do they usually get shredded. Which is why they have actually killed more civilians than any us soldiers, but you again still support them? sounds very much you are either a terrorism sympathiser, or a hypocrite, or both.And its not just USA that go after islamists, why no comment about all the other countries that islamists conflict with, france right now are wiping out islamists in mali.

This is more a war tactic rather than anything else. Guerilla warfare would be more efficient as clearly it's unfair on those who barely have weapons. Think back to the Vietnam war when they also did the same thing.

As for Islamists killing children show your proof. If someone right now tries to invade my land (think Iraq) am I going to stand there and get massacred or do I fight back?

If supporting Muslims around the world puts me into whatever label, so be it.
Reply 264
Original post by Mazy95
I've never heard of it so I asked.

oki, no prob. While his war against army forces (if any) may be justified, the attack on innocents can not.
Reply 265
Original post by Reform
This is more a war tactic rather than anything else. Guerilla warfare would be more efficient as clearly it's unfair on those who barely have weapons. Think back to the Vietnam war when they also did the same thing. As for Islamists killing children show your proof. If someone right now tries to invade my land (think Iraq) am I going to stand there and get massacred or do I fight back? If supporting Muslims around the world puts me into whatever label, so be it.
i just showed you proof- i posted link shwinh al queda killing about 12 kids with a bomb, and also recruiting kids to be suicide bombers for them , from al-jazeeraits not a tactic that we (the west use), its an islamist tactic. why you think its better than using drines to kill terrrists is a mystery.islamists are well armed, its nothing like vietnam, who were farmers trained to be mitlitia and used baboo traps. islamists are funded by islamic countires and have modern weapons, rockets, vehicles, ammo and bombs. Not only that they often get extra funding through ransoms , theft and drig trade. there is nothing honourable about them.you supporting moslems that deliberatly kill unarmed people, like the other moslems on this thread, shows evil intentions
Original post by mariachi
hmmmm...

a case of bland paranoia

nothing really serious, of course

however, stay away from those conspiracy theories (for a few months, at least)

that will be 60 quid, thnx

You can't say he's wrong to believe in conspiracy. After reading 'Operation Northwoods' anything can seem possible.
Reply 267
oki, no prob. While his war against army forces (if any) may be justified, the attack on innocents can not.

He condemned the killing of innocents so I don't know.
Reply 268
Original post by Mazy95
He condemned the killing of innocents so I don't know.

Do you have a reference? From what I know, his actions weren't compliant with this view. If you mean that this was his reason for 'terrorism', then you can't seek to resolve the issue of killing innocents, by killing other innocents. It makes no sense, and is religiously prohibited.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 269
Do you have a reference? From what I know, his actions weren't compliant with this view. If you mean that this was his reason for 'terrorism', then you can't seek to resolve the issue of killing innocents, by killing other innocents. It makes no sense, and is religiously prohibited.

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States.”
“Neither I had any knowledge of these attacks nor I consider the killing of innocent women, children, and other humans as an appreciable act. . Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children, and other people. Such a practice is forbidden ever in the course of a battle.”

You can probably find these quotes yourself too.
Where did you read that he killed innocent people?
Reply 270
Original post by Mazy95
"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States.”
“Neither I had any knowledge of these attacks nor I consider the killing of innocent women, children, and other humans as an appreciable act. . Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children, and other people. Such a practice is forbidden ever in the course of a battle.”

You can probably find these quotes yourself too.
Where did you read that he killed innocent people?

It's always been all over british media, in all honesty. I may look it up, then, when I have the free time.
Reply 271
Original post by Mazy95
Oh God, I asked you a simple question. WHAT ISLAMISTS? I already pointed out the Western leaders back some rebel groups whereas fight the others so if you're referring to either groups killings innocent people, I don't agree with it but the killings of innocents is being carried out by Western backed terrorists as far as I have known. I'm pretty sure I mentioned France in my previous comment. I also mentioned Algeria and Niger.
too many islamists to mention, they exist in almost every country where there are moslems, why do you want a comprehensive list?? there are islamsits casuing conflict in russia, china, uk, usa, sweden, canada denmark, australia, indonesia, thailand, phillipines, pakistan, north africa, all of middle east , most of saharan africa etc etcwho the west bakc and who they dont is irrelevant - they arnt actually backing islamists but innocnet peolpe stuck in the cross fire. ultimatley, you are right all sides in those conflicts are islamist slime, be they sunni or shia, and west should not be invloved (including charities) . We have enough to be involved with in the islamists that directly threaten the west and non moslems.only part of the world that seems to be clear of the plague of islamists is south america, but is suppossed this is becuase christianity is more prevalent there and they havent drawn msolems in.
Reply 272
Original post by FCI
too many islamists to mention, they exist in almost every country where there are moslems, why do you want a comprehensive list?? there are islamsits casuing conflict in russia, china, uk, usa, sweden, canada denmark, australia, indonesia, thailand, phillipines, pakistan, north africa, all of middle east , most of saharan africa etc etcwho the west bakc and who they dont is irrelevant - they arnt actually backing islamists but innocnet peolpe stuck in the cross fire. ultimatley, you are right all sides in those conflicts are islamist slime, be they sunni or shia, and west should not be invloved (including charities) . We have enough to be involved with in the islamists that directly threaten the west and non moslems.only part of the world that seems to be clear of the plague of islamists is south america, but is suppossed this is becuase christianity is more prevalent there and they havent drawn msolems in.

All you're trying to say is that all Muslims are terrorists. Say it directly then.
Original post by FCI

and your point is....
Reply 274
Original post by Mazy95
Maybe you should.

Well I am planning to actually read a number of holy books from different religions this summer I was going to wait until my exams finish. But I know it will not change my opinion, so I would be reading to gain context and understanding of various religions.
Reply 275
Why are English people portrayed as drinkers and the women viewed as dirty pieces of meat by Muslims? Oh the irony.
because they are rascals who plant ieds instead of resorting to fisticuffs like real men. its just not cricket, so we bomb y'all villages deal with it.

oh yeah is that an F-18 i hear? 'Merica
Reply 277
Original post by AwsomePossum
because they are rascals who plant ieds instead of resorting to fisticuffs like real men. its just not cricket, so we bomb y'all villages deal with it.

oh yeah is that an F-18 i hear? 'Merica

So "real men" go out and fight with the latest body armor, the latest weapons, the latest gadgets, convoys of tanks and humvees, have fighter plane protection, have helicopter gunships protecting their asses and can kill someone by pressing a few keys on their keyboard thousands of miles away?

Is that the definition of a "real man"?
Original post by Error4001
So "real men" go out and fight with the latest body armor, the latest weapons, the latest gadgets, convoys of tanks and humvees, have fighter plane protection, have helicopter gunships protecting their asses and can kill someone by pressing a few keys on their keyboard thousands of miles away?

Is that the definition of a "real man"?

Yes trying to bring to stablility for that ****ehole that is Afghan. Defusing IED's so the kids can play without having their limbs blown off. The amount of troops that have been maimed and died for Britain you could atleast appear greatful you cockgoblin.
Reply 279
Original post by AwsomePossum
Yes trying to bring to stablility for that ****ehole that is Afghan. Defusing IED's so the kids can play without having their limbs blown off. The amount of troops that have been maimed and died for Britain you could atleast appear greatful you cockgoblin.

Circular reasoning, old chap.

They are defusing IED's so that children can play without having their limbs blown off but the reason why the IED's were planted was because of the presence of the persons who are actually defusing the IED's.

You mention "stability" and yet we and the Americans along with a whole list of acronymous organisations invaded their country. We have made that country and it's neigbouring countries more unstable.

I have every respect for our Armed Forces. However, my respect and everyone else's respect for them would go through the roof if they refused to fight in a war which achieved no substantial gains for the UK. They are in Afghanistan to protect the UK from what, exactly?

Furthermore, if we go back and compare the "real men" scenario. Is it not strange that an enemy who possess no fighter jets, drones, helicopter gunships or advanced equipment and guns are still managing to send our boy's home in bodybags nearly 11 years after we invaded?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending