The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's because many terrorists shout 'in the name of Allah' when they do what they do, which leads people to prejudice against most Muslims.
Reply 21
Original post by Danya1
It does as a matter of fact, unlike you, I have done my research and know what I am talking about, on the other hand, you do not.

Erm no, you don't. You're just one of the conspiracy theory nut-jobs. Stay inside and keep your tin foil hat on.
Reply 22
Original post by Mazy95

Remember how Col Gaddafi was killed? He was trying to unite all African/Muslim countries (...)

Same goes for Assad, US funded rebels are trying to take him down when the Syrian people support him!...

Iran is being constantly pestered with sanctions which is harming their trading and causing adverse effect on the people!...(...) All due to false allegations against their peaceful nuclear energy program (...)
hmmm... your case is more serious

a short/medium period of rest in some quiet, green, peaceful surroundings, far away from all excitement and media contact would be advisable

but yes, your family should be able to visit you

65 quid, please (times are hard, comrade)
Reply 23
Original post by Danya1
There is no proof that he is even dead seeing as they did not post pictures as they were apparently too controversial, and buried him at sea (after making up a new Islamic tradition), but the fact remains, that America has been looking for him in Afghanistan for years now, and now that they claim he is dead what are they still doing there?
Btw, for some one in a hurry, you did type quite a lot :smile:

Yup. I just find it funny how people believe it even without any proof. I've heard about him being dead more than 10 years ago.
Heroine is one reason they're there.

Yes, I wanted to do my homework so I wrote what came into my mind quickly.
Reply 24
Original post by Rosaknows
It's because many terrorists shout 'in the name of Allah' when they do what they do, which leads people to prejudice against most Muslims.

How many have you personally heard?
Reply 25
Original post by mariachi
hmmm... your case is more serious

a short/medium period of rest in some quiet, green, peaceful surroundings, far away from all excitement and media contact would be advisable

but yes, your family should be able to visit you

65 quid, please (times are hard, comrade)

Unfortunately I remember you from the other forum.

I'd rather you gave me some better responses than try to act all 'cool'.
Reply 26
Original post by Mr Zurkon
Oh great, a page of conspiracy theory nonsense, thanks. I bet you think the US government is behind the Sandy Hook shootings too. Or the Illuminati.

Did you even read it? Or are you afraid of reading something that actually makes sense rather than two Arab nationals being able to gracefully hijack two planes and crash them into the buildings all thanks to Osama Bin Laden? Haha.

The Sandy Hook massacre did take place in America.. and was done by an American so of course Americans were behind it.. Haha.

Illuminati? I thought those were supposed to be a bunch of Satan worshipers. I don't know.
Reply 27
Original post by Mazy95
The Sandy Hook massacre did take place in America.. and was done by an American so of course Americans were behind it.. Haha.

Yeah, I never said that, try reading what I put, there's a difference between believing an American did it and believing the US government did it.

Original post by Mazy95
I don't know.

Yeah, I figure you don't know a lot.
Reply 28
Original post by TheStudent.
If someone keeps telling you something, then eventually you're going to believe it - regardless of whether its true or not. I blame the media. But rizzl8 is right, if Islam didn't exist, then they'd just find another religion to hate on.

I agree with the above.

A few weeks ago, news headlines were getting a bit boring and they decided to bring up IRA again. Then eventually there was some random thing about an afghan(?) terrorist.
The media serve to maintain some form of enemy to the public. Maybe it's just so the public feel the need for the failing government in some shape or form.

It could be many things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mazy95
I agree with you. 9/11 started it all mainly.
Let me give you an example: 'American terrorists hijack planes and crash them into the twin towers in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates is invading Canada to capture the terrorists'.
Does this make sense? No. It was said that the so called 'terrorists' were identified as Saudi Arabian yet Afghanistan and Iraq were invaded.
Around 3000 people died, right? Everyone is saddened by that but no one looks at the millions of Muslims innocent who have died and are still drying to this 'war on terror' which is not what it is being portrayed to be. Read this: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/06/15/osama-bin-laden-the-innocent-man-closing-the-case/

An no, I already knew about 9/11 being an inside job before reading that.

To people with an open mind (mainly), I know that the media is our main source of news but at least try looking into it from a different perspective. For example, Try RussiaToday instead of CNN or Presstv.ir instead BBC. Keep a balanced outlook, although I mainly go on CNN, Fox News etc for a good laugh.

The other thing is that the Middle East and Africa are very resourceful. Gold, diamonds, oil, heroine, you name it.
Remember how Col Gaddafi was killed? He was trying to unite all African/Muslim countries and asking them to trade in Gold instead of US petro dollars and the countries seemed keen on it. Next thing you know, there are rebels trying to take him down. Really, if you actually look into what this man has done for his people and what he was planning to do, you will see the injustice and cruelty. Now Libya is a real dump!
Same goes for Assad, US funded rebels are trying to take him down when the Syrian people support him! The Western media only shows you the rebels (portrayed as citizens fighting against Assad, I believe).
Likewise, Iran is being constantly pestered with sanctions which is harming their trading and causing adverse effect on the people! A lack of medicine for patients is one thing these sanctions have caused. All due to false allegations against their peaceful nuclear energy program.
The Taliban in Afghanistan are fighting against the invading soldiers to protect their people and land. Wouldn't you do the same?
BUT it's not just Western countries either. Countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain are also evil for siding with the US. Have you ever noticed how there is hardly anything bad about these countries in the news? Or hardly anything 'war' type going on?

Who's the real terrorist?

That link was pretty interesting... didn't think i'd read it all to be honest. Do you believe that Osama died in 2001 though?

Osama says:
”The Western media is unleashing such a baseless propaganda, which make us surprise but it reflects on what is in their hearts and gradually they themselves become captive of this propaganda. They become afraid of it and begin to cause harm to themselves.”
“Terror is the most dreaded weapon in modern age and the Western media is mercilessly using it against its own people. It can add fear and helplessness in the psyche of the people of Europe and the United States. It means that what the enemies of the United States cannot do, its media is doing that. You can understand as to what will be the performance of the nation in a war, which suffers from fear and helplessness.”

Based on history, it hasn't been the first time that the USA/UK have used the media to toy with public emotion.

And:
“President Bush or any other US President, they cannot bring Israel to justice for its human rights abuses or to hold it accountable for such crimes. What is this? Is it not that there exists a government within the government in the United Sates? That secret government must be asked as to who made the attacks.”

Fairly interesting, but controversial... I always believed that there was a secret government pulling the strings in the background.

Osama predicts a lot of stuff that did actually end up occurring years later. Smart man.

So confused now as to who's telling the truth about 9/11.
everyone has a little bit of terrorist inside them
Reply 31
Original post by Mazy95
Yup. I just find it funny how people believe it even without any proof. I've heard about him being dead more than 10 years ago.
Heroine is one reason they're there.

Yes, I wanted to do my homework so I wrote what came into my mind quickly.

Wasn't it cannabis that grows their in ridiculously large amounts? I may be wrong.
Reply 32
It is such a huge religion that people do not see all sides to it, the fact that one person caused death, destruction etc. should not effect a whole religion/Race...
For example, people were quite prejudice to the large majority of Germany after Hitler's suicide... now adays it is considered social taboo to be prejudice or say anything about Germanic ancestries...
This is what will happen in a few years to Muslims...

BTW I am not a muslim actually I converted from islam to being an atheist so I am not defending the religion specially...
In my opinion I view it like this:

One person who does something bad and isn't Muslim doesn't get much attention.
One person does something bad who happens to be Muslim suddenly represents the whole Islamic community and the media exaggerate and cause one problem that ONE person caused somehow their whole religions fault. And the public are nothing but mere ignorant sheep who will believe anything the media reels. Hence why we Muslims are portrayed in such a bad way. They associate one man's/woman's wrongdoing with their whole religion. I know it doesn't add up but hey, this is the messed up world we live in. What can we do? Literally, I blame the media for pointing fingers at my religion rather than the person and those terrorists who claim to be doing wrong in the name of Allah SWT is clearly misguided and wrong because Islam was not intended for violence and never will be.
Original post by Table dust
everyone has a little bit of terrorist inside them

Avenue Q?
Reply 35
Original post by Mr Zurkon
Yeah, I never said that, try reading what I put, there's a difference between believing an American did it and believing the US government did it.

As long as it was an American..

Yeah, I figure you don't know a lot.

You're the one picking and choosing what to respond to.. haha.
Reply 36
Original post by ash92:)
Wasn't it cannabis that grows their in ridiculously large amounts? I may be wrong.

It's opium, poppy fields as far as I know.
Reply 37
Original post by Lakesx
It is such a huge religion that people do not see all sides to it, the fact that one person caused death, destruction etc. should not effect a whole religion/Race...
For example, people were quite prejudice to the large majority of Germany after Hitler's suicide... now adays it is considered social taboo to be prejudice or say anything about Germanic ancestries...
This is what will happen in a few years to Muslims...

BTW I am not a muslim actually I converted from islam to being an atheist so I am not defending the religion specially...

A rare case. Did you convert to Islam and then leave it and become an Atheist?
Reply 38
Original post by Mazy95
It's opium, poppy fields as far as I know.

ok, fair do's :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by TheStudent.
That link was pretty interesting... didn't think i'd read it all to be honest. Do you believe that Osama died in 2001 though?

There is no concrete proof that Osama died in 2001 or if he's even dead. The most common view (amongst believers of the 9/11 inside job) is that he died shortly after the attacks. His health was known to be deteriorating anyway. However there is NO proof that he was caught and killed in Pakistan or that he even used his wife as a human shield. I personally find this funny. I think Obama wanted to look like a hero in the eyes of the public for the elections.

Fairly interesting, but controversial... I always believed that there was a secret government pulling the strings in the background.

Osama predicts a lot of stuff that did actually end up occurring years later. Smart man.

I do think there is probably some sort of secret organization within the government but I don't really believe it's the 'Illuminati'. Although I did watch a creepy video where someone played Obama's famous 'Yes we can!' phrase backwards and it came back as 'Thank You Satan'. Haha.
He did predict quite a lot. He wanted to warn them, I suppose.

So confused now as to who's telling the truth about 9/11.

Many people believe that there is enough proof that Osama Bin Laden/Al Qaeda were behind 9/11 but I have not seen sufficient proof yet. I suggest you watch 'Loose Change'. It's a documentary which might help with your double mindedness. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending