Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really hate questions like this. As a Muslim it's so annoying seeing people repeat this question over and fricking over. Look hopefully people aren't ignorant and wouldn't resort to generalising a whole religion, and if they are. Then who bloody cares? Freedom of speech, as long as we, Muslims, can follow our religion in peace, people's opinions shouldn't bother us because at the end of the day they're just opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Are Muslim's what portrayed as terrorist's what?

The question doesn't make sense!

/sarcasm
    /grammar nazi-ism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvocatInTraining)
    I really hate questions like this. As a Muslim it's so annoying seeing people repeat this question over and fricking over. Look hopefully people aren't ignorant and wouldn't resort to generalising a whole religion, and if they are. Then who bloody cares? Freedom of speech, as long as we, Muslims, can follow our religion in peace, people's opinions shouldn't bother us because at the end of the day they're just opinions.
    The fact is that it is beyond just 'opinion'. Look at the situation in Palestine, America is subsidizing that; the killing of Muslims. They are also killing innocent people in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and have killed people in Iraq. The link being that all of these countries are mainly Muslim. It's not just a coincidence. Even after doing this, they have the guts to blame terrorism on Muslims, well compared to the amount of innocent people who have been killed at the hands of America, the people killed in 9/11 or similar events is minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    Are Muslim's what portrayed as terrorist's what?

The question doesn't make sense!

/sarcasm
    /grammar nazi-ism
    The question was: Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

You have clearly misread it.

ReputationRep:
    Islam continually associates with terrorism, extremism. When 8000 out of 12000 terrorist attacks are commited by Muslims, in the name of Islam, is it any wonder why. The blame game just makes Islam look irresponsible, that it is more offended by the reporting of Islamism, then the actual terrorists destorting their religion. I've seen more Muslims in the UK take concern with their reputation, and worrying about Islam being blamed then the actual victims.

Why isn't their no hate toward the actual source = Muslim terrorists.

It proves me to a compelling point. They won't attack or challenge other Muslims. Even though they claim these people aren't true Muslims..so why is it so hard for them to speak out against them..if they're not Muslims anyway?

All Anjem Chouhdry gets is handshakes in their community YET when the EDL is in town, they all come out and protest? Actions speak louder than words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danya1)
    Islam is a religion of peace.
    I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but come on, Islam does have some very violent parts to both its scripture and within its history.

ReputationRep:
    The question was: Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

According to NCTC report in 2011, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by “Sunni extremists,” 1,926 by “secular/political/anarchist” groups, 1,519 by “unknown” factions, 170 by a category described as “other”, and 77 by “Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist” groups.

That's nearly 9,000 out of 12,500 by Muslims. Not just that, it didn't cover Shiite Muslims. It also shows the great distortion of popular, liberal narratives such as 'Islamophobia' Only 77, less then 1% carried out by 'Far-Right' groups which apparently are so dangerous to society, and displays Islamic extremism as the most active form of cultural/religious/prejudice worldwide.

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Emperor Obongo is a Muslim terrorist himself, he was proud of Benghazi though nonetheless he made Hillary take the blame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danya1)
    the question was: Why are muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

looooooool

ReputationRep:
    Because, to the western world, most terrorists are muslim, and most people cannot tell the difference between that and most muslims are terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Because the ones who shout the loudest are the ones people take notice of. No one is going to notice the peaceful muslims, they're just going to notice the ones making a noise and believe that is what Islam is.
    It is true that there have been a lot of terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Islam, but saying all Muslims are terrorists is like saying all the Irish are IRA bombers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Th1rdeyeIL)
    Emperor Obongo is a Muslim terrorist himself, he was proud of Benghazi though nonetheless he made Hillary take the blame
    In 2011 a republican comprised committee defunded all embassies against the direct request of Obama
    The next year an attack took place on an embassy that had virtually no defenses on site.

Hilary is set to take 2016 by storm. I dont see how she doesnt get 270 EC points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donald Duck)
    Because, to the western world, most terrorists are muslim, and most people cannot tell the difference between that and most muslims are terrorists.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...ttacks-us-soil

6%

ReputationRep:
    That's not weighted. If you have one act, where you kill 5000 people, that should not be equally counted as an act where you kill 1 person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donald Duck)
    That's not weighted. If you have one act, where you kill 5000 people, that should not be equally counted as an act where you kill 1 person.
    Hence when America kills hundreds of thousand of people including in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and so on, it is not equally weighted to the few thousand people who have died at the hands of so called 'Islamic extremists' yet they are being called terrorists whereas America is able to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    Its not just Muslims who get this stereotype but all brown people, I recently came back from USA and miraculously as the only brown person in the security queue I was chosen to have my bag swabbed for explosive residue, this happened the last time I went to the US and it also happened to my cousin who went, this is bull ****.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, it was America that carried out the World Trade Center bombings, and Muslim's were the scape goats for it. Thought this is relevant as it is one of the main reasons that Muslims are called terrorists. Secondly, Islam is a religion of peace, therefore surely a terrorist shall not be called or considered a Muslim even though they usually claim to be doing their actions in the name of Islam.

Please stop disliking, we are all entitles to our own opinions.
    All though i agree with you your first statement it is very controversial. Most people here are still stuck in the matrix and don't believe a government wont attack itself to further its agendas *cough The reichstag fire* cough Gulf of tonkin.
    The Western governments (especially america) need an enemy preferable a perpetual one (Noam chomsky explains this well) how else will the Military complex get its money from? An american president (Eisenhower) warned of a day when america would get taken over by the milatry complex (and in my opinion it happened the day after 9/11) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

The Media nearly always lies.You know what the greatest lie ever told is? Iraq has WMD.
    Did you know the west sold it to Iraq in the 80s so that they could use it on the Iranians (and later on the kurds)?
    http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=241
    Saddam knew they were going to come for it so he got rid of it in the ninties. By the time it was 2003 HE HAD NONE!

Heres our dear friend rumsfield (who was Secretary of defense in 2003) with saddam.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaP7ZrmkcuU

and this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXWdBi6fw_k

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6H5qsBFfI
    The world is one long Irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Th1rdeyeIL)
    You know you are an idiot right?
    You do know barry obongo sends drone missile to Muslim civilian around the world?

ReputationRep:
    Hence when America kills hundreds of thousand of people including in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and so on, it is not equally weighted to the few thousand people who have died at the hands of so called 'Islamic extremists' yet they are being called terrorists whereas America is able to avoid it.
    Terrorists aim to spread terror within the civillian population. The US has this as a side effect.

Also terrorists can't be governments. Kim Jong Il is not a terrorist, because he is the government.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.