The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

A lot of people in todays society are ignorant and base their opinions on certain cultures or religions off the news. I don't blame them tbh, the news always shoves this sterotype into our faces and some people can only then base their views on that. Not saying it is right, but it is what it is.
Reply 101
Original post by cl_steele
American troops arent Iran genius.
Protect its ally and its economic interests
Because itll look very bad dumping on a country then walking out again plus the war on terror was not all about one man in case it had escaped your oh so smart mind.

Lol, wasn't meant to say that, I know Iran is one of the only Muslim countries that have resisted so far. Regarding the other points you have made, human life is much more valuable then oil, therefore by killing people to get oil, America is in the wrong. Also, 'looking bad' is far worse than killing people.
Original post by Danya1
Lol, wasn't meant to say that, I know Iran is one of the only Muslim countries that have resisted so far. Regarding the other points you have made, human life is much more valuable then oil, therefore by killing people to get oil, America is in the wrong. Also, 'looking bad' is far worse than killing people.

No its not? Theres tonnes of muslim countries america hasnt invaded?:s-smilie: Want a list?
From your point of view maybe, from a corporate CEO who wants to bulster his share price what does he care if some peasants get shot? to put it bluntly and all...
Reply 103
No its not? Theres tonnes of muslim countries america hasnt invaded?:s-smilie: Want a list?

Do you have time to make one?
Original post by Error4001
Do you have time to make one?

Well i have a couple of hours before bed so its perfecylu possible.
Reply 105
Well i have a couple of hours before bed so its perfecylu possible.

I'll be waiting.
Reply 106
From your point of view maybe, from a corporate CEO who wants to bulster his share price what does he care if some peasants get shot? to put it bluntly and all...

Yes I would like a list, and I'm assuming it wont be too big. And secondly even if they are peasants, it doesn't mean that they should be shot over that CEO. And your attitude in others is exactly what causes these conflicts in the first place.
Original post by Danya1
Yes I would like a list, and I'm assuming it wont be too big. And secondly even if they are peasants, it doesn't mean that they should be shot over that CEO. And your attitude in others is exactly what causes these conflicts in the first place.

Oh do shut up i gave a rationale behind it nothing more nothing less the fact youre blinded by your ignorance of world affairs seems to be clouding your ability to read though. If you do so detest these wars please do go fight for the taliban, maybe draw a big red cross on your back too.
I'll be waiting.

Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, egpyt, iran, turkey, algeria, morocco, malaysia, Uzbekistan, saudi, yemen, syria, uae, india [seeing as it has the biggest muslim population of any country]... the list goes on, none of these places have been invaded by the USA
It's funny that people make America out to be the big bad wolf when people forget over 3000 of their citizens were killed by organisations that had strong ties to the governments of Afghanistan and Iraq. They killed Hussain and al zarqawi in Iraq and deposed the Taliban in Afghanistan, I think eliminating those evil people is worth a few barrels of oil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Indonesia,

China's back yard so that's a no-go area.

Pakistan,

Puppet regime and aid money. Need I say more?

Nigeria,

Wikileaks highlighted among other things: "identified the US embassy in Nigeria as a forward operating base for wide and far reaching acts of subversion against Nigeria which include but not limited to eavesdropping on Nigerian government communication, financial espionage on leading Nigerians, support and funding of subversive groups and insurgents, sponsoring of divisive propaganda among the disparate groups of Nigeria and the use of visa blackmailto induce and coerce high ranking Nigerians into acting in favour of US interests."

Bangladesh,

A firmly pro-Western and secularist government.

egpyt,

Until very recently, a puppet who danced to the strings of the POTUS's violin,

iran,

CIA assassination of a democratically elected president.

turkey,

A very firmly Western outlook.

algeria,

American dominance in the Petrol markets.

morocco,

A pro-Western country.

malaysia,

China's backyard.

Uzbekistan,

Russian backers.

saudi,

Puppet regime and billions invested in the country due to arms and oil.

yemen,

Drone strikes anyone?

syria,

The UK is sending "non-lethal supplies". The US will probably follow or is already doing so via agencies.

uae,

A pro-Western government and billions invested.

india [seeing as it has the biggest muslim population of any country]

That's Indonesia. Islam in India comprises of 160 million Muslims making up 13.4% if the population.

... the list goes on, none of these places have been invaded by the USA

Do not question the "why's". Question it from a "why not" point of view.

These are the summarizing points.

Either:

1) They are pro-western.
2) Significant Investment.
3)They have puppet regimes in place.
4) Sponsoring a local organisation.

Take a look at the countries they have invaded. Does Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan have any similar characteristics?

Then look at Iran and ask yourself the same question.
I think the whole thing about America making it up or whatever conspiracy theories are ridiculous but it is true that American media has fuelled a massive hate fire against Muslims now due to the extremists being responsible for publicised terrorist acts. They are always quick to point out that any terrorists were 'Islamist' and often focus on that fact. The portrayal in the media then makes it easier for people to believe that Islam is a violent religion of terrorists where actually it is very peaceful and the people committing these acts of terrorism are in fact not following the religion. Now that Muslims are already portrayed in a negative light, going back on this would not please some of the public so the media has stayed its course.
Original post by Mazy95
I don't even believe that Osama Bin Laden was found in Pakistan. There was no proof.
Oh and excuse the spelling mistakes in my previous post, I was in a hurry. Haha.

I'm not in to conspiracy theories, but at the same time I'd actually agree. Bin Laden was evil. No doubt about it, but there are many more people in history who have been even more evil, who have been put to trial

Why wasn't he put on trial in the US? Like they did with Saddam?
China's back yard so that's a no-go area.

Puppet regime and aid money. Need I say more?

Wikileaks highlighted among other things: "identified the US embassy in Nigeria as a forward operating base for wide and far reaching acts of subversion against Nigeria which include but not limited to eavesdropping on Nigerian government communication, financial espionage on leading Nigerians, support and funding of subversive groups and insurgents, sponsoring of divisive propaganda among the disparate groups of Nigeria and the use of visa blackmailto induce and coerce high ranking Nigerians into acting in favour of US interests."

A firmly pro-Western and secularist government.

Until very recently, a puppet who danced to the strings of the POTUS's violin,

CIA assassination of a democratically elected president.

A very firmly Western outlook.

American dominance in the Petrol markets.

A pro-Western country.

China's backyard.

Russian backers.

Puppet regime and billions invested in the country due to arms and oil.

Drone strikes anyone?

The UK is sending "non-lethal supplies". The US will probably follow or is already doing so via agencies.

A pro-Western government and billions invested.

That's Indonesia. Islam in India comprises of 160 million Muslims making up 13.4% if the population.

Do not question the "why's". Question it from a "why not" point of view.

These are the summarizing points.

Either:

1) They are pro-western.
2) Significant Investment.
3)They have puppet regimes in place.
4) Sponsoring a local organisation.

Take a look at the countries they have invaded. Does Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan have any similar characteristics?

Then look at Iran and ask yourself the same question.

You do realise that despite your fun little denials the point stands there are a huge number of muslim countries that havent been invaded and none of the ones mentioned have been invaded it matters not their political outlook etc. No not really Iraq was a happily functioning dictatorship, somalia was never really invaded they just had a ding dong in the capital and got thrown out swiftly and afghanistan like somalia has always been a failed state with the power to squash any country that goes near it....
Happily functioning dictatorship? Yeah just like the Soviet Union

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by LewisIsAmazen
It's funny that people make America out to be the big bad wolf when people forget over 3000 of their citizens were killed by organisations that had strong ties to the governments of Afghanistan and Iraq. They killed Hussain and al zarqawi in Iraq and deposed the Taliban in Afghanistan, I think eliminating those evil people is worth a few barrels of oil

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. America had also killed around 288000 Muslims in 2009, and that number has now increased, compared to this, 3000 is nothing.

2. Why did America feel the need to take on the role of another government? I am sure that if the Afghani government wanted, they would eliminate these people themselves.

3. I do think that these people were wrong in what they did but for most people, it is hard to understand that these Muslim countries have their own law's e.g. women have to wear hijab's and that is part of tradition which should be respected by America and likewise all other countries.

4. Many people see others e.g. George Bush as evil becuase he was the ultimate cause of this whole conflict. That does not mean that George Bush should be killed and on top of that, his assassin should get rewards such as oil.
To add to this, Afghanistan was developing just fine until they were attacked like Iraq. Now both of these countries are struggling with a ruined infrastructure and little resources to use as America took all the oil away from them. Rightfully it was there's therefore nothing excuses America from taking their oil even if they did kill 'evil' people.
This is a troll thread right?

Muslims are at the root of so much violence in Asia, Africa, now Europe too. It's their foul notion of 'caliphate'. Non-muslims, we must RESIST these devils that demand conversion and sharia 'law' where women are not equal to men.
Original post by Danya1
1. America had also killed around 288000 Muslims in 2009, and that number has now increased, compared to this, 3000 is nothing.

2. Why did America feel the need to take on the role of another government? I am sure that if the Afghani government wanted, they would eliminate these people themselves.

3. I do think that these people were wrong in what they did but for most people, it is hard to understand that these Muslim countries have their own law's e.g. women have to wear hijab's and that is part of tradition which should be respected by America and likewise all other countries.

4. Many people see others e.g. George Bush as evil becuase he was the ultimate cause of this whole conflict. That does not mean that George Bush should be killed and on top of that, his assassin should get rewards such as oil.
To add to this, Afghanistan was developing just fine until they were attacked like Iraq. Now both of these countries are struggling with a ruined infrastructure and little resources to use as America took all the oil away from them. Rightfully it was there's therefore nothing excuses America from taking their oil even if they did kill 'evil' people.

I'm not sure where you get that figure from? As I understand it keeping track of how many civilians have died in Iraq in Afghanistan is almost impossible.

The government was the Taliban before America came in.

I don't see the relevance, I never challenged their religion in any way.

I think there's a significant difference between George bush's wrongs and those of bin laden and saddam, they aren't even comparable.

I don't see how you can say they were developing fine? They were run by maniacs and happily harboured terrorists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Because even when there's the occasional Christian or Hindu loony you don't get massive rallies and flag burnings going
Original post by Atemukay
I wish I could come and destroy you, piece of filth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why you so offended. I don't see christian suicide bombers. I don't see women being executed for being raped in non-muslim countries.

But I'm the filth, because I believe these things are backward and wrong. I love how you immediately recourse to violence (destroy you) - you must be a very cowardly and stupid person.

I pity and forgive you for it.
Original post by Azarimanka
Why you so offended. I don't see christian suicide bombers.

Where is suicide bombing condoned in Islam?
Original post by Azarimanka

I don't see women being executed for being raped in non-muslim countries.

Where is execution condoned for rape victims in Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending