Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

What is the most annoying things other road users do? Watch

• View Poll Results: What is THE most annoying thing other road users do?
    Not indicating
    40.29%
    Tailgaters
    20.87%
    Going too slow in national speed limit areas
    11.65%
    Cyclists being annoying
    7.77%
    Middle lane hoggers
    4.37%
    People who pull out infront of you at junctions and cause you to slow down
    10.68%
    Using/Not using lights when they should be..
    0.97%
    Other: Will post below
    3.40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaLee)
    In my experiences many road users must consider me as a 'slow driver' because i stick to the speed limits (mainly talking about 30 and 40 roads here) thats pretty annoying, especially considering they make you feel like you're doing something wrong when in fact it's them
    I agree with this as well, I mean if they want to go faster than the speed limit overtake me! This also happens on 50 roads as well, I'm bang on the 50 limit in the left hand lane and they decide to get up close to my boot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cartman)
    Women drivers.
    I find sexist drivers far more annoying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    He's not being sexist.

Sure, a lot of men drive too quickly, and are generally more reckless, but from my personal experience riding a motorbike (which teaches you to observe other drivers very carefully) I can safely say the following:

1) I've seen far more women driving while on the phone than I have men.
    2) I've seen a worrying number of women driving while putting on makeup.
    3) I've seen far more women drivers stop at a junction with their front bumper being half way out into the next road.
    4) I've seen far more women drivers pull out of junctions without looking in both directions.
    5) I've lost count of the number of times I've seen women bounce off the back of another car while in a slow moving queue of traffic.
    6) I've had far more women change lane on me without using their indicators/checking their mirrors/looking over their shoulder.

Men may be more dangerous (in theory) but women are far more annoying when behind the wheel.

Sexist? No.

Honest observations? Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)
    He's not being sexist.

Sure, a lot of men drive too quickly, and are generally more reckless, but from my personal experience riding a motorbike (which teaches you to observe other drivers very carefully) I can safely say the following:

1) I've seen far more women driving while on the phone than I have men.
    2) I've seen a worrying number of women driving while putting on makeup.
    3) I've seen far more women drivers stop at a junction with their front bumper being half way out into the next road.
    4) I've seen far more women drivers pull out of junctions without looking in both directions.
    5) I've lost count of the number of times I've seen women bounce off the back of another car while in a slow moving queue of traffic.
    6) I've had far more women change lane on me without using their indicators/checking their mirrors/looking over their shoulder.

Men may be more dangerous (in theory) but women are far more annoying when behind the wheel.

Sexist? No.

Honest observations? Yes.

To pidgeonhole all women drivers as poorer than male drivers based on the actions of a few IS sexist tho. Besides, men have more accidents, so....

ReputationRep:
    To pidgeonhole all women drivers as poorer than male drivers based on the actions of a few IS sexist tho. Besides, men have more accidents, so....
    "Men may be more dangerous (in theory) but women are far more annoying when behind the wheel."

I think you'll find that I didn't try and deny that men have more accidents.

It's not really the actions of a few, it's what I've seen based on having been driving for the last 5 years and covering upwards of 40,000 miles per year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)
    "Men may be more dangerous (in theory) but women are far more annoying when behind the wheel."

I think you'll find that I didn't try and deny that men have more accidents.

It's not really the actions of a few, it's what I've seen based on having been driving for the last 5 years and covering upwards of 40,000 miles per year.
    But it's still pidegonholing an entire gender, though. I know probably just as many rubbish male drivers than female drivers ^^

ReputationRep:
    Horse-riders who choose to ride along busy B-Roads at rush hour, like seriously...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NC)
    I agree with this as well, I mean if they want to go faster than the speed limit overtake me! This also happens on 50 roads as well, I'm bang on the 50 limit in the left hand lane and they decide to get up close to my boot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah exactly -.-
    It's so annoying, especially how people think rules don't apply to them
    I've seen a lot of people zooing past me on a 50mph dual carriage way, when the few of us in the left lane are doing the limit -.-

ReputationRep:
    Not use their indicators!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indicating and Middle lane hogger's, today someone was going around 50-55 mph in the middle lane on the M6.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing 'other road users' also includes cyclists, so ye, cyclists - they're terrible! Especially the ones who ride next to one another or the ones who can't ride in a straight line! :shoot::mob:

ReputationRep:
    Stating fact is not being sexist.

ReputationRep:
    Speed in residential and ignore white lines

ReputationRep:
    **ALL OF THE ABOVE**

:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    my friend passed his test the other week and we were talking about habits that people have gotten into since passing their tests and he was just like 'oh i didn't indicate for something and it was so much easier' and i just though 'you're such a tosser for doing that you shouldn't be proud of it' -.-

so yeah mostly people who don't indicate, but also those people who don't pay attention at traffic lights when they go green and hold everybody up so they're the only people who get across i mean seriously!!! although if its a learner i don't mind cos i was in the same situation :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristianabanana)
    my friend passed his test the other week and we were talking about habits that people have gotten into since passing their tests and he was just like 'oh i didn't indicate for something and it was so much easier' and i just though 'you're such a tosser for doing that you shouldn't be proud of it' -.-

so yeah mostly people who don't indicate, but also those people who don't pay attention at traffic lights when they go green and hold everybody up so they're the only people who get across i mean seriously!!! although if its a learner i don't mind cos i was in the same situation :P
    Tbf I've just done this on my way home. It annoys me when people don't indicate, but just drove home from work and when I was near my house I didn't bother with indicating for the last few minutes aha, only because there was no one else around. Otherwise I definitely would coz it does my head in when people don't.

--------------------

People who don't go around a mini roundabout.

I mean yeah some of them I struggle with as I have no power steering, so something that's very small can be a bit of a problem, but I do attempt it (usually results in going over the top tbh)

But there's one round the corner from my house, and so many people I see basically going the wrong way around it.

There's another roundabout not too far from me, and it's basically just got 2 exits right next to each other, the rest of it is just residential properties. Again so many I see just go the wrong way around it. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368831680.405834.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  88.3 KB

The exits to the right aha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tailgaters are annoying but i figure they've more annoyed than me so it doesn't usually bother me, but last night i was driving home at 11, it was obviously very dark and it was absolutely chucking it down, so along with the bad conditions and the fact i was driving home from somewhere i'd never been before i was very cautious, but some idiot though it would be a good idea to drive a couple of cm off my back bumper -.-

Also saw two idiots in front of me who were going far too fast (for the road conditions and the speed limit) there was a bit of surface water too, i had bad visions -.-

ReputationRep:
    Not saying thank you when you let them through!

ReputationRep:
    People who think its their right of way when they come flying out of a side road

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Motorcyclists hanging in your blindspot 3ft off you bumper for minutes at a time because they are so desperate to overtake.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.