Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Options choosing time for daughter; any recent experience out there of

studying this ( AQA) ?

ReputationRep:
    Currently doing Ocr (2nd year), finding relatively interesting but my teacher is very boring. The content is easy, and can get good grades without doing anything particularly taxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuzzMan)
    Currently doing Ocr (2nd year), finding relatively interesting but my teacher is very boring. The content is easy, and can get good grades without doing anything particularly taxing.
    Thank you for your experience; sorry to hear about the teacher but good luck

with your grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzy57)
    Thank you for your experience; sorry to hear about the teacher but good luck

with your grade.
    I teach sociology. Aqa is a harder board to pass than ocr. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I self-studied this subject and managed to get an A in Unit 1 and a D in Unit 2 which means I got a C overall (retaking Unit 2 to get an A), but this is mainly because I hardly revised for the subject.

It's certainly possible to get an A, but it all depends on how your daughter manages to cope. I like the subject enough to take as an A Level, while I think it's a nice subject, your daughter may not like it.

I recommend this subject to you and would suggest you look into the units studied for this subject to see whether she'll enjoy it or not.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.