Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Got her number before she told me she has a bf Watch

Really like this girl that I work with. She would always smile at people but at me, it was different (in a good way)
    She would make physical contact like giving me a nudge on my shoulder and touching my back if she wants to get my attention
    We would talk whenever we had a chance and I was combined she liked me.

I decided to get her number which I did last Friday (WIN) and then I told her what are her plans for the weekend. She said nothing much as she's really busy. We spoke about family and she said her family are abroad and she's living with her bf in a flat.
    Then I was upset :bawling: but I didn't show it, I carried on.

I sent her a text sat afternoon which didn't warrant a reply but it would have been nice if she replied back.

I'll see her at work this week but I can't help but feel awkward because I got her number for one thing- to make a move. But she has a bf so what's the point of wasting my credits texting her. I guess a friendship would be alright. I doubt they'll split up since they're sharing a flat. Well played bro.

Anyone been in this situation? Did she lead me on?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you should warn her bf that he's dating a ho.

(Original post by Bonzo10)
    Sounds like you should warn her bf that he's dating a ho.
    Haha I don't think she's a ho, but she's deffo flirty.

*convinced (last sentence of the first paragraph)

ReputationRep:
    keep it going like it was before and take cues from her actions not words then who knows, it may lead somewhere.

(Original post by Zenomorph)
    keep it going like it was before and take cues from her actions not words then who knows, it may lead somewhere.
    But I don't want to get stringed along and get emotionally attached etc
    I don't want her to think she can use me for some flirty Funtime :|

ReputationRep:
    sounds like she thought you were friends

(Original post by boba)
    sounds like she thought you were friends
    But she was flirty :stomp: She isn't like that to other workers. Meh oh well, she's taken..

ReputationRep:
    Do the long game, be friends with her but dont get friend zoned if that makes sense? then when she splits with her bf you shall receive the spoils.

(Original post by HalfanInch)
    Do the long game, be friends with her but dont get friend zoned if that makes sense? then when she splits with her bf you shall receive the spoils.
    Why do you assume she'll split up?

ReputationRep:
    Im not, but either way you still have this girl in your life and you never know what could happen in the future?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately its very hard to keep out of 'the zone' playing 'the long game'.

In my experience anyhoo

Im not, but either way you still have this girl in your life and you never know what could happen in the future?
    True but she's dating a cardiologist if that has any effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MORPHEUS24-7)
    Unfortunately its very hard to keep out of 'the zone' playing 'the long game'.

In my experience anyhoo
    Yes you are definatly correct, i guess the idea is to make sure there aware you "fancy" them but are backing off due to them having a bf. Maybe to get them to admit that if they did not have a bf you would be someone they would be interested in. Sounds so much simpler in words tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    True but she's dating a cardiologist if that has any effect
    What are your chances of becoming a doctor?

Seriously though at our ages we pick people based on looks and social-status more then there job title, aslong as you show your happy with what you do it should not matter

ReputationRep:
    You must gently pry her away from her boyfriend, the nail her. Win!

ReputationRep:
    This happens all the time. I'd advise you to cool off with her and try and meet someone else. You can still remain friendly and that but don't go over the top or treat her differently to any other girls. In another time she might split up with her bf but for now there's nothing you can do.

What are your chances of becoming a doctor?

Seriously though at our ages we pick people based on looks and social-status more then there job title, aslong as you show your happy with what you do it should not matter
    I'm a 4th year med student but I'm intercalating this year so I work banks as a HCA. So I'd be a doctor soon but lol
    Cardiologist> med student

ReputationRep:
    Sounds so much simpler in words tho
    You're damn right its easier in words

ReputationRep:
    She probably fancies you anyway, nothing will kill a relationship quicker than "living with your boyfriend in a flat". It's good because now you can relax and stop trying to impress her as much, keep her on the back burner till the inevitable break-up and then attack from a friendship angle.

ReputationRep:
    Man dont look at it like someone is better then you just because the job there in! Im sure she is not with him simply for that reason, if you like the girl be her friend now and enjoy the flirting,see how the future turns out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.