The Student Room Group

REJECTION- Need advice

hi everyone,

i just need some advice on what to do!

so i applied for foundation year medicine courses and got back 4 rejections. however, ive got an offer for biomed sciences.

i only applied to 3 med courses and my 4th choice was clinical sciences at bradford. i got rejected post interview (it went really bad cos i was TOO nervous! anyway clinical sciences is in EXTRA so should i apply for it again?

thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by TBBT
hi everyone,

i just need some advice on what to do!

so i applied for foundation year medicine courses and got back 4 rejections. however, ive got an offer for biomed sciences.

i only applied to 3 med courses and my 4th choice was clinical sciences at bradford. i got rejected post interview (it went really bad cos i was TOO nervous! anyway clinical sciences is in EXTRA so should i apply for it again?

thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that. Your first step should be to contact the universities to ask for feedback on your rejection. That way, you can find out what areas of your application you can improve upon (possibly during a gap year) before considering doing an undergraduate degree in something that you might not enjoy.
Reply 2
Original post by Vulpes
Sorry to hear that. Your first step should be to contact the universities to ask for feedback on your rejection. That way, you can find out what areas of your application you can improve upon (possibly during a gap year) before considering doing an undergraduate degree in something that you might not enjoy.

Thank you for replying :smile: and thanks for the advice, what do you think about the UCAS extra option? Or do you think its silly considering they already rejected me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Vulpes

Sorry forgot to add, 2 of my rejections were post interview so I think it's my interview skills. Also, NONE of the unis fi
Give feedback :frown:
Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You shouldn't reapply to any uni course that has rejected you post-interview as you will get straight rejection, this may also include Bradford clinical sciences course but it is worth ringing them to inquire about your second application. Since you got two medicine interviews, it means that your application is good but you should improve your interview skills, so worth taking a gap year and reapply to medicine if you achieve the grades in August.
Reply 5
Original post by Cyberboy
You shouldn't reapply to any uni course that has rejected you post-interview as you will get straight rejection, this may also include Bradford clinical sciences course but it is worth ringing them to inquire about your second application. Since you got two medicine interviews, it means that your application is good but you should improve your interview skills, so worth taking a gap year and reapply to medicine if you achieve the grades in August.

Thanks very much. I think a gap year it is then! After thinking long and hard about it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by TBBT
Sorry forgot to add, 2 of my rejections were post interview so I think it's my interview skills. Also, NONE of the unis fi
Give feedback :frown:
Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is something that can be worked on. :yep:

Original post by TBBT
Thanks very much. I think a gap year it is then! After thinking long and hard about it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck next year. :h:
Reply 7
Original post by Vulpes
That is something that can be worked on. :yep:

Good luck next year. :h:

Thank you very much I hope I get in! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I wouldn't apply as a graduate unless you were happy continuing to work in the subject area of your first degree. Graduate entry is tough - if you really want to do medicine I would take a gap year to build up confidence - it definitely helped for me.
Reply 9
Original post by Toppy
I wouldn't apply as a graduate unless you were happy continuing to work in the subject area of your first degree. Graduate entry is tough - if you really want to do medicine I would take a gap year to build up confidence - it definitely helped for me.

Thanks so much. are you a medic? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by TBBT
Thanks so much. are you a medic? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer this time, so I will be as long as I get the grades I need on Thursday!
Reply 11
Original post by Toppy
I got an offer this time, so I will be as long as I get the grades I need on Thursday!

Oh okay. Well I hope you do goodluck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take a year out. You have years ahead of you to study medicine. I live with two 22 year olds who are first year medics and applied every year from leaving college! I myself am 20 and I'm still looking for the perfect time to start my career in medicine. If its meant to be its meant to be! Get a job as a HCA in your year out, do LOADS of voluntary work and really make your application stand out.

:smile: You'll be fine!
Reply 13
Original post by sammyjade92
Take a year out. You have years ahead of you to study medicine. I live with two 22 year olds who are first year medics and applied every year from leaving college! I myself am 20 and I'm still looking for the perfect time to start my career in medicine. If its meant to be its meant to be! Get a job as a HCA in your year out, do LOADS of voluntary work and really make your application stand out.

:smile: You'll be fine!

Wow that's makes me feel so motivated!! 22 yrs? Dedication.

Anyway thanks so much for the advice I'm going to take a gap year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending