Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys!

My question is rather simple.

Im wondering if there is anyone that has chosen ANY modern language (there probably are a lot) as one of your three chosen subjects during your first 2 years of a degree at the Uni.

How good do you get if you take two years of a language you have never studied earlier? How intense is the course?

And how good do you get if you have studied the language (for instance, at A Levels) and then take the language for the 2 first years, how intense is it and how good do you get?

Haha, I understand these question are personal but I would like to get some sort of overall view.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jepekay)
    Hey you guys!

My question is rather simple.

Im wondering if there is anyone that has chosen ANY modern language (there probably are a lot) as one of your three chosen subjects during your first 2 years of a degree at the Uni.

How good do you get if you take two years of a language you have never studied earlier? How intense is the course?

And how good do you get if you have studied the language (for instance, at A Levels) and then take the language for the 2 first years, how intense is it and how good do you get?

Haha, I understand these question are personal but I would like to get some sort of overall view.

Thanks!
    hey! Not sure really about what you're asking! But, I've firmed for French, Spanish and Italian this year!
    Are you going to Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you'd become pretty much fluent in the language, but I think it depends - I've done Portuguese for 11 years but I only get the chance to take it up as part of the Hispanic Studies course once in third year but I know that if you're starting from scratch, then you get up to the same level as an A-level/IB student would in two years hope this helps!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.