Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    High School Accountancy Problem

OK, I'm go literally crazy with this question.. so please help me!!

the chapter name is Joint Venture... we have to use the 1st method.. that is to record the transactions in separate set of books.

btw just give me the journal entries.. i can make the ledger accounts from that & thanks

Q) B and C undertake a joint venture of selling timber in Moscow, Russia, contributing $ 15,000 and $ 10,000 respectively in cash and agreeing to share profits in the ratio 3:2 respectively. A joint bank account was opened with the amounts contributed. Information regarding the venture is as follows:

Timber purchased $ 22,100.
    Fright, etc paid $ 3,900
    timber sold $ 28,700

they first repay themselves the cash originally invested by the them. Then, they decide to close the venture and B to take over the timber remaining unsold for $ 1,260

Prepare the necessary accounts.
    [ Ans:- profit on joint venture $ 4,000
    final payments to B $ 1,140
    and C $ 1,600
    total of joint bank account $ 53,740]

THANK YOU GUYS & PLEASE ANSWER THE JOURNAL ENTRIES ONLY BECAUSE I CAN MAKE THE LEDGER ACCOUNTS FROM THAT... PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GET THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!!MUCH APPRECIATED

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.