Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Please can you advise both myself and my daughter want to apply for finance for 2013/14. I have applied and I only had to submit my partners income on the online form. I have started my daughters form and that is asking for my p60 and my partners p60 and I will be working up to September and then hopefully working 1 day a week during my degree. Is my income taken into account even though I am a full-time student on my daughters application (she is 18). If this is so, I qualify for the loan and grant but my daughter won't get the grant, is this correct?

Both universities have said that my income won't be taken into account as household income on my daughters application or mine.

Please help

thanks

Helen

ReputationRep:
    I cannot be of any help in your question, only express the hope that by both studying at the same time you can be of mutual support to each other.

ReputationRep:
    Just call student finance's number.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Helen
    I am in the same boat. I managed to mess up my on-line application for my daughter due my income info. I phoned up Student Finance and they have emailed me a hard copy for us both, with an additional form for income this year in respect of my daughter’s claims. So that they know I will not be earning.
    Give them a ring and they will be able to help.
    Scary isn’t it the prospect of having 2 students in the house at the same time, my husband says he is dreading it.

ReputationRep:
    I will try ringing student finance again but they said I would have to put my income down. You've given me a bit of hope now as I have been so worried we are not going to be able to go if only one of us can get the grant based on my previous work. It is so complicated getting conflicting advice as well. Even on current year assessment I will have worked up to September!

Thanks

Helen

ReputationRep:
    private messaged you with my email address, then I can forward you the forms they sent me which are the Current Year Income Assessment Form - Academic Year 2012/13

ReputationRep:
    Current Year Income Assessment Form - Academic Year 2012/13 - that's what you need to ask for

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.