Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I just want peace, so whoever does it best gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    aeday tusi pti day inqilabi fan !!!
    punjab pe imran khan kai sath!!!!! tsunami ara hai!

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan during Taliban government (right before USA attacked after 9/11) was an ideal Islamic state....
    why wouldn't a pakistani want that...?:confused:
    I saw in a documentary that one day after the Taliban got control of Afghanistan, that the Afghanis already regretted supporting them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUANTAM)
    punjab pe imran khan kai sath!!!!! tsunami ara hai!

ReputationRep:
    looooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan during Taliban government (right before USA attacked after 9/11) was an ideal Islamic state....
    why wouldn't a pakistani want that...?:confused:
    Well not really. They restricted the rights of women to be educated for example, went around people's houses, shot lots of people dead etc... Killing women and children isn't Islamic... They kill people indiscriminately. They kill for being of the wrong sect. This is not what Islam is about and it is NOT what Jinnah wanted either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    I saw in a documentary that one day after the Taliban got control of Afghanistan, that the Afghanis already regretted supporting them
    yes, the wealthy, rich, "moderate muslims" (actually munafiqs) and other than that, the shias, these were the guys you see in documentaries representing Muslims...where as they are a mere 10-15% of global muslim population and in afghanistan they were even less...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Well not really. They restricted the rights of women to be educated for example, went around people's houses, shot lots of people dead etc... Killing women and children isn't Islamic... They kill people indiscriminately. They kill for being of the wrong sect. This is not what Islam is about and it is NOT what Jinnah wanted either
    Didn't Jinnah want a secular/Liberal pakistan? I'd like to see pakistan like this, of course, islamic factors which is respectable as it is a majority muslim country.

ReputationRep:
    Jinnah was shia, mainstream muslims ( sunnis ) consider them to be almost kafir but not quite. And they dont kill for being wrong sect. Shias insult the sahaba, for that, there is death penalty by beheading or what ever...
    As far as killing women, they didn't kill without reason.

All your life you have been bombarded by western propaganda, ever cared to listen to the other side?

Also, they were not against women being educated. They against allowing them mixing openly, which is against Islamic teachings.

Most Ulema are of the opinion that the taliban government was one of the only few true Islamic states in recent times...perhaps the only one.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Jinnah want a secular/Liberal pakistan? I'd like to see pakistan like this, of course, islamic factors which is respectable as it is a majority muslim country.
    People have argued both ways tbf, but I'd say he was more liberal. I'd like an almost Turkey style government, or perhaps Malaysia

ReputationRep:
    Who cares what Jinnah wanted?

Your main concern should be what Allah wants us to do.
    And Islamic sharia law is the correct law for muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Jinnah was shia, mainstream muslims ( sunnis ) consider them to be almost kafir but not quite. And they dont kill for being wrong sect. Shias insult the sahaba, for that, there is death penalty by beheading or what ever...
    As far as killing women, they didn't kill without reason.

All your life you have been bombarded by western propaganda, ever cared to listen to the other side?

Also, they were not against women being educated. They against allowing them mixing openly, which is against Islamic teachings.

Most Ulema are of the opinion that the taliban government was one of the only few true Islamic states in recent times...perhaps the only one.
    The Taliban tried to shoot Malala for arguing for her rights to education. Not all shia's insult the sahba. You accuse the West of propoganda (which tbf I agree with to an extent), but you are creating your own propaganda here. We live in 2013. We shouldn't care who is Shia, who is Sunni etc... Even if you consider them to be almost non Muslim, they should still be protected, which is what a true Islamic state is about. Is it any wonder why thousands of Jews fled to the Ottoman empire?

I have listened to the other side, and if you look through my posts, I heavily criticise all sides.
    This is from Wiki, but no doubt you're going to reject it for being "Western" despite the founder being pretty damn liberal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_Afghanistan

So here's something from Al Jazeera:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...051759278.html

Massacres under Taliban rule

Poisoning girls schools:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...716216154.html

This is your Taliban. They have destroyed almost all tourism to the country. Look at how beautiful Swat valley is, and look at how dangerous it is now. They blew up the Buddhist statues in Afghanistan. Fair enoughs, Islam doesn't allow idols, but Islamic empires have ruled over Afghanistan for centuries and recognised their historical relevance

There's a reason why no one has blown up the Sphinx. They have historical relevance.

I want to know who these "ulema" are. Are they the same ulema that said to King Faisal that he shouldn't allow a welfare system, despite welfare being something that Islamic countries were one of the first to start?

The ulema mean nothing, if they are illiterate

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello You seem to have joined amist all the arguments

ReputationRep:
    hello

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know! I thought i would calm things down a bit, it was getting a little heated. 🙊😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello You seem to have joined amist all the arguments

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamNatasha)
    I know! I thought i would calm things down a bit, it was getting a little heated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, if someone wants to let me know what they think of this, that'd be great

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post42434531

(Original post by iamNatasha)
    How is everyone today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good, just at uni, doing revision. You?

?

ReputationRep:
    The Taliban tried to shoot Malala for arguing for her rights to education. Not all shia's insult the sahba. You accuse the West of propoganda (which tbf I agree with to an extent), but you are creating your own propaganda here. We live in 2013. We shouldn't care who is Shia, who is Sunni etc... Even if you consider them to be almost non Muslim, they should still be protected, which is what a true Islamic state is about. Is it any wonder why thousands of Jews fled to the Ottoman empire?

I have listened to the other side, and if you look through my posts, I heavily criticise all sides.
    This is from Wiki, but no doubt you're going to reject it for being "Western" despite the founder being pretty damn liberal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_Afghanistan

So here's something from Al Jazeera:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...051759278.html

Massacres under Taliban rule

Poisoning girls schools:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...716216154.html

This is your Taliban. They have destroyed almost all tourism to the country. Look at how beautiful Swat valley is, and look at how dangerous it is now. They blew up the Buddhist statues in Afghanistan. Fair enoughs, Islam doesn't allow idols, but Islamic empires have ruled over Afghanistan for centuries and recognised their historical relevance

There's a reason why no one has blown up the Sphinx. They have historical relevance.

I want to know who these "ulema" are. Are they the same ulema that said to King Faisal that he shouldn't allow a welfare system, despite welfare being something that Islamic countries were one of the first to start?

The ulema mean nothing, if they are illiterate
    This is allowed in Islam. Except that girl school poisoning...that's inside job, CIA, afghan intelligence etc...most probably.
    The statues are not allowed in Islam. One of the great early Islamic leaders even tried to destroy the pyramids, unfortunately it was too difficult to destroy it...

This is all according to Islam. Since the idols were destroyed by the Prophet pbuh in Ka'aba...he didn't let them stay cuz of some "historical relevance" or what ever.

Ulemas' argument against a welfare system does make sense. The welfare system in old days was different from todays'...Nowadays welfare system means that you just sit there and eat, which is riba, which is haram.
    You have to listen to their complete argument to see what they are trying to say.

As far as being in 2013 is concerned, Islam does not change and will not change no matter 2013 or 3013 or 10013...those who insult the sahaba (shias, they even insult the ones promised Jannah in their lifetimes) should be punished by the death penalty. That is the correct way.

As far as the ulema being illiterate, they are one of the most highly educated people today and there is a great deal of respect that is to be given to them according to hadith...

Maybe you are going to the wrong ulema in uk. As far as I know, most of them in uk are just "disco molvis". they dont even have a full beard, if they had learnt so much, it should have been visible on their faces. (beard is so easy to get, yet they even failed that minor test....so rest you could imagine)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.