Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    This.
    Is.

ReputationRep:
    Lut gayeeee ahh lut gayeee terii mohabbat mein. Lmfao that is the song i remember reading a couple' pages back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabz_x)
    But the same could be said with studying maths.. whats the point of going over something that someone has already has found a solution for. With history, we see the consequences on the economy and the people when the government makes a certain decisions so we can learn to avoid them. It's just interesting.
    There's a difference. With maths, you're going over something so that you have sufficient skills to discover new things, there's so much more to discover in maths. Also, you're teaching someone maths so that they can do jobs like engineering, nuclear physics and what not...whilst history is just meh

ReputationRep:
    Is.
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    But the same could be said with studying maths.. whats the point of going over something that someone has already has found a solution for. With history, we see the consequences on the economy and the people when the government makes a certain decisions so we can learn to avoid them. It's just interesting.

tbh history is just rote learning whereas maths is problem solving and understanding. Plus the sad truth is, money involves maths and we all need that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need your dates.. i already have a date for valentines day. 14/02/14.
    Badam bam psh.
    I'll email this page to your parents, let then know you have a date they'll be so happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    There's a difference. With maths, you're going over something so that you have sufficient skills to discover new things, there's so much more to discover in maths. Also, you're teaching someone maths so that they can do jobs like engineering, nuclear physics and what not...whilst history is just meh
    Politics is very much History based.

ReputationRep:
    Tonight is going to be a late night. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    I miss my twitter x

ReputationRep:
    I'll email this page to your parents, let then know you have a date they'll be so happy
    You would be so kind enough to do that?
    I hear wedding bells ringing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    Politics is very much History based.
    There's also a separate subject called politics

ReputationRep:
    You would be so kind enough to do that?
    I hear wedding bells ringing.
    I'm a good guy. What can I say? Oh man I should be revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    tbh history is just rote learning whereas maths is problem solving and understanding. Plus the sad truth is, money involves maths and we all need that.
    Yes i know, I was just responding to someone who said that learning about the past is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i know, I was just responding to someone who said that learning about the past is pointless.
    wth, that someone has a name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_102)
    I miss my twitter x
    R.I.P twitter account. x
    I feel your pain! - What was your @?

ReputationRep:
    wth, that someone has a name
    Yes, i know.
    I refuse to associate you with the word ''Legend'' Sorry, you're not worth it ;o

ReputationRep:
    I'm a good guy. What can I say? Oh man I should be revising.
    GO REVISE. :mad2::mad:

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P twitter account. x
    I feel your pain! - What was your @?
    I'll follow you when I reactivate after exams. But like..i miss seeing my tl..and certain individuals who were always in your mentions when you wanted them to F off lmao it'd tight.

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** legendX is a guy? Lmaooo what even. I thought you were a girl all this time :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_102)
    I'll follow you when I reactivate on the 19th. But like..i miss seeing my tl..and certain individuals who were always in your mentions when you wanted them to F off lmao it'd tight.
    Ahh okay, this is my twitter @Rubic0nm4ng0 But i've also deactivated.. im going back after the 26th..
    Hhaahaha yes, omg. I know that feeling. I feel you gurll

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.