Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasan4life)
    yh last year :cry2: haha good ;D HOWS FASTING?
    Fasting is ok Alhamdhulillah, you tell me? How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Got the job . makes me quite a bit happier I guess. Literally squealed like a girl

I now appear to be an "implementation engineer" as of 30 July at TNT

Now to buy presents.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlligatorSky)
    It would be much easier if I was in Pakistan..
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahdia13)
    Congratulations! That's really good
    Thank you

(Original post by hasan4life)
    hi lol ,lovely weather
    Hardly. I feel really thirsty in this heat. And I was wearing a suit all day. Only just got back now. I set off around 10am, and got back at 20 past 8

(Original post by lilmissshady)
    Congrats dude
    Thanks Don't blame me if the middle east goes down

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Hardly. I feel really thirsty in this heat. And I was wearing a suit all day. Only just got back now. I set off around 10am, and got back at 20 past 8

Well done!! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Well done!! :grin:
    Thanks

Here be the email:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizz)
    What makes you say that?
    They're shorter. And there's more to do there.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    ??? You mean my whole middle East thing? All of TNT's data in the world goes through their UK data centre

ReputationRep:
    ??? You mean my whole middle East thing? All of TNT's data in the world goes through their UK data centre
    Oh right I see...that's cool so how are rozay treating you so far?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right I see...that's cool so how are rozay treating you so far?
    Tbf, I think today's probably the worst one, because well I was driving in the heat, and I was parked on the motorway.... There was like a 60 minute delay, which turned in to a 90 minute one, which turned in to a bit less, when my sat nav decided that there was a quicker route (which was to go around)

Here's what data centres *tend* to look like btw:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe...S-OIfaOK-ugYgH

Every chassis is locked with a key, door is locked, there's a sticky mat to try and stop dust, a drip tray in case water leaks...

They're also surprisingly cold (air con I guess) And the noise is made by all the equipment

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, I think today's probably the worst one, because well I was driving in the heat, and I was parked on the motorway.... There was like a 60 minute delay, which turned in to a 90 minute one, which turned in to a bit less, when my sat nav decided that there was a quicker route (which was to go around)

Here's what data centres *tend* to look like btw:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe...S-OIfaOK-ugYgH

Every chassis is locked with a key, door is locked, there's a sticky mat to try and stop dust, a drip tray in case water leaks...

They're also surprisingly cold (air con I guess) And the noise is made by all the equipment
    Ohh that doesn't sound so good...but thanks to technology you were saved

wow!! :eek: you got yourself such cool job!!!! Lucky you!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that doesn't sound so good...but thanks to technology you were saved

wow!! :eek: you got yourself such cool job!!!! Lucky you!
    Well I don't think I'd always be in the data centre... Probs a lot of support like with routers and stuff. Though just seeing their data centre was pretty cool!

And yeah I was saved due to my sat nav I guess. I was also saved by my sat nav on the phone, when I ran basically completely out of fuel...

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think I'd always be in the data centre... Probs a lot of support like with routers and stuff. Though just seeing their data centre was pretty cool!

And yeah I was saved due to my sat nav I guess. I was also saved by my sat nav on the phone, when I ran basically completely out of fuel...
    But you have a hybrid!?

ReputationRep:
    But you have a hybrid!?
    Yup I do, but it doesn't run *just* on electric for a certain range. It still requires fuel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlligatorSky)
    They're shorter. And there's more to do there.
    I completely understand by what you mean. It's much, much easier to occupy yourself there.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I do, but it doesn't run *just* on electric for a certain range. It still requires fuel
    Oh right I see...oh btw I was reading this phobia list and turns out I've major Coulrophobia LOL

oh and there's this one called Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored. :'( it's so sad :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maryb_102)
    Man how you know? Lool
    yeah alhamdulillh not bad, fasts are going good, i had heartburn at sehri tho :/
    sis back yet? The weather is so perf right now!
    I think its cuz of oily food o.o I get it when reading isha namaz and taraweeh so have to keep sme water by me.. And yeah shes back! She stayed for 3 nyts but had to go back cuz it looks bad to the in-laws -.-, ramadhan aswell so she has to help, xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria_x)
    I think its cuz of oily food o.o I get it when reading isha namaz and taraweeh so have to keep sme water by me.. And yeah shes back! She stayed for 3 nyts but had to go back cuz it looks bad to the in-laws -.-, ramadhan aswell so she has to help, xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And then one of my followers on twitter are like have gaviscon-they knew i was fasting-.- lol
    Aww yaay but omg in-laws mehhh :/ would have been awesome if she stayed longer!
    just had sehri, man i can't even eat much at this time but force myself xx

ReputationRep:
    Oh right I see...oh btw I was reading this phobia list and turns out I've major Coulrophobia LOL

oh and there's this one called Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored. :'( it's so sad :'(
    Oh I see. I think that's a common one (I had to google it) And hmm I think that a lot of people have some sort of element of the second one,though dw, I wouldn't ignore you unless well Im sleeping

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.