Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Wa alaikum salaam and it's been cold enough and the weather's been scary enough to keep you indoors and make the fast pretty easy
    Lol yeah mashallah lucky right...however gotta say that doing taraweeh everynight can be tough because of the warmth...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza1394)
    Lol yeah mashallah lucky right...however gotta say that doing taraweeh everynight can be tough because of the warmth...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't do taraweeh at the main mosques though I have a legitimate excuse. I'm somewhat prone to panic attacks, which can be caused by dehydration

In a small mosque, no issue. It's cold enough to not be an issue or you can head for the exit pretty quickly, to get some fresh air

In a large mosque, I'd probably faint. My dad doesn't see it as an excuse however

ReputationRep:
    salaam,
    anyone going to university in Sept?

ReputationRep:
    I don't do taraweeh at the main mosques though I have a legitimate excuse. I'm somewhat prone to panic attacks, which can be caused by dehydration

In a small mosque, no issue. It's cold enough to not be an issue or you can head for the exit pretty quickly, to get some fresh air

In a large mosque, I'd probably faint. My dad doesn't see it as an excuse however
    Lol yeah exactly. Our mosque is small so its pretty breathable. Parents will never lol just like my mum who I admire for going daily but I know that I couldnt make an excuse to not go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    salaam,
    Yess to do pharmacy hopefully
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    demonies u are so weird kasme. no one cares about u blud why u ****tin yoself
    You must be a right pain in the a*se in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah exactly. Our mosque is small so its pretty breathable. Parents will never lol just like my mum who I admire for going daily but I know that I couldnt make an excuse to not go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's pretty cool I guess. Personally, I don't exactly feel like fainting when I'm crowded by hundreds of people... Ten is fine, but hundreds, nope I mean my dad should realise, considering that last rozay, the first one I had to basically go to hospital twice....

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's pretty cool. Where at?

(Original post by Hyde)
    You must be a right pain in the a*se in real life.
    Tbf, she did say she likes trolling (I think) and she has pretended to be a guy before, so....

Dunno why you got negged (Im guessing by her?) Can't really go calling people weird and then negging those that stick up for them, and bring the OP down

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty cool I guess. Personally, I don't exactly feel like fainting when I'm crowded by hundreds of people... Ten is fine, but hundreds, nope I mean my dad should realise, considering that last rozay, the first one I had to basically go to hospital twice....

That's pretty cool. Where at?

Tbf, she did say she likes trolling (I think) and she has pretended to be a guy before, so....

Dunno why you got negged (Im guessing by her?) Can't really go calling people weird and then negging those that stick up for them, and bring the OP down
    Inshallah at Nottingham Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Inshallah at Nottingham Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cool. Close by to me I guess

ReputationRep:
    salaam,
    Im guessing you're asking first years? Don't have uni, but I do have a placement. In a mixture of "I can't wait/I'm nervous" sorta feelings

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool. Close by to me I guess
    Guessing your in B'ham Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    iA medicine
    just hit me yesterday that its only 2 months away and theres so much to look forward to

ReputationRep:
    Guessing your in B'ham Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah Staffs, though now I guess I'd be closer to Coventry uni (placement year)

ReputationRep:
    Im guessing you're asking first years? Don't have uni, but I do have a placement. In a mixture of "I can't wait/I'm nervous" sorta feelings
    woops I did mean first years.
    oh that sounds fun! I guess any new environment/opportunity is something to be anxious and excited about.

ReputationRep:
    woops I did mean first years.
    oh that sounds fun! I guess any new environment/opportunity is something to be anxious and excited about.
    Yeah it does sound pretty cool I guess. Though my dad STILL criticises me... Its not often that I'm proud of myself, but I guess I think it's quite something to land a professional job at a blue chip company at the age of 20, even if it just a placement...

I mean its not like Im working as a cleaner at a blue chip, but as a professional....

Start in 6 days lol

But yeah I guess it'd be the same for you as well. What uni is it you're going to?

ReputationRep:
    iA medicine
    just hit me yesterday that its only 2 months away and theres so much to look forward to
    Oh great that will be fun I reckon. I can't wait now, just wanna meet new people and do what I'm passionate about inshallah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does sound pretty cool I guess. Though my dad STILL criticises me... Its not often that I'm proud of myself, but I guess I think it's quite something to land a professional job at a blue chip company at the age of 20, even if it just a placement...

I mean its not like Im working as a cleaner at a blue chip, but as a professional....

Start in 6 days lol

But yeah I guess it'd be the same for you as well. What uni is it you're going to?

Liverpool iA if I get the grades :/ depends on biology tbh
    well a placement is experience and experience is never invaluable
    the best thing for you is you can actually do stuff! Some placements I've done I can only observe (for obvious reasons) but still thoroughly enjoyed.

Oh great that will be fun I reckon. I can't wait now, just wanna meet new people and do what I'm passionate about inshallah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too I am so bored at home as well which just makes it more exciting to want to go. So tempted to tag along to london one for a day or two just because its supposed to be the biggest haha
    Inshallah!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool iA if I get the grades :/ depends on biology tbh
    well a placement is experience and experience is never invaluable
    the best thing for you is you can actually do stuff! Some placements I've done I can only observe (for obvious reasons) but still thoroughly enjoyed.

me too I am so bored at home as well which just makes it more exciting to want to go. So tempted to tag along to london one for a day or two just because its supposed to be the biggest haha
    Inshallah!
    I agree mate and thats why I've been applying for Jobs and I have almost got one for a pharmacy assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    LOL :rofl:

Haha it's not far off now, inshaAllah we'll ge what we want

ReputationRep:
    Dontjudge..hope you got my messages on skype :* x

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.