Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    Liverpool iA if I get the grades :/ depends on biology tbh
    well a placement is experience and experience is never invaluable
    the best thing for you is you can actually do stuff! Some placements I've done I can only observe (for obvious reasons) but still thoroughly enjoyed.

me too I am so bored at home as well which just makes it more exciting to want to go. So tempted to tag along to london one for a day or two just because its supposed to be the biggest haha
    Inshallah!
    Nice! Say hi to a friend of mine over there! Exactly, and you get paid
    This wouldn't be just observing, because well it'd be a 12 month contract job essentially
    (Original post by hamza1394)
    I agree mate and thats why I've been applying for Jobs and I have almost got one for a pharmacy assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice!

ReputationRep:
    why aint we talking in urdu?
    oh wait!
    hum urdu mai baat kyion nahi kar rahay

ReputationRep:
    Pata nahi yaar...shayad dimaagh phir gaya tha mera

ReputationRep:
    Pata nahi yaar...shayad dimaagh phir gaya tha mera
    Ha ha !Your head has spun around really!

ReputationRep:
    Who has done/doing gcse urdu!i am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald123)
    Ha ha !Your head has spun around really!
    lol agar sahi matlab mein dekha jaye toh haan...

Back to English, are you currently studying GCSE Urdu?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE urdu is just too easy! a piece of cake i would say

ReputationRep:
    lol agar sahi matlab mein dekha jaye toh haan...

Back to English, are you currently studying GCSE Urdu?
    Yep !Gcse urdu is now becoming more harder but still it is fun to learn urdu !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concave)
    GCSE urdu is just too easy! a piece of cake i would say
    Did you get A* at gcse urdu?

ReputationRep:
    Yep !Gcse urdu is now becoming more harder but still it is fun to learn urdu !
    Oh right well I haven't got a GCSE in it but speak it fluently; probably more fluently than those living in Pakistan :P What does learning it involve?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get A* at gcse urdu?

I took urdu exam long time ago! anyway I got a B at 87%

ReputationRep:
    Oh right well I haven't got a GCSE in it but speak it fluently; probably more fluently than those living in Pakistan :P What does learning it involve?
    the gcse consists of 2 speaking and listening exams in which you will need to memorise what you will be saying in the exam.Marks will be given on your grammar,how fluent you are and on the urdu accent.Recordings of your voice will be stored on a memory stick and posted to the Aqa company(scary).Other urdu exams are reading and writing,writing as in a mental urdu exam with another urdu paper and an urdu essay/longer writing exam.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by concave)
    I took urdu exam long time ago! anyway I got a B at 87%
    Oh that's good I have so far done the urdu speaking and listening exams both with A*(2 exams)

ReputationRep:
    the gcse consists of 2 speaking and listening exams in which you will need to memorise what you will be saying in the exam.Marks will be given on your grammar,how fluent you are and on the urdu accent.Recordings of your voice will be stored on a memory stick and posted to the Aqa company(scary).Other urdu exams are reading and writing,writing as in a mental urdu exam with another urdu paper and an urdu essay/longer writing exam.
    Well are you British born and if so did your family speak much Urdu with you because that makes the accent and grammar easy to get.

ReputationRep:
    Well are you British born and if so did your family speak much Urdu with you because that makes the accent and grammar easy to get.
    Yeah I am born in Britain but my first language isn't urdu,however my mother tongue is urdu so I think I picked urdu from there At home I don't speak in urdu

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am born in Britain but my first language isn't urdu,however my mother tongue is urdu so I think I picked urdu from there At home I don't speak in urdu
    Thats pretty cool and admirable I guess. Too many British Asians of Pakistani heritage don't have much interest in their mother tongue as I've always found that people regard it highly to have another language. My family moved to the UK when I was 9 from Pak so for me it was the opposite; learning English from almost scratch.

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty cool and admirable I guess. Too many British Asians of Pakistani heritage don't have much interest in their mother tongue as I've always found that people regard it highly to have another language. My family moved to the UK when I was 9 from Pak so for me it was the opposite; learning English from almost scratch.
    Wow that's really cool being born in another country!How did you manage such a vast and hard language?Did you learn English from pakistan?(learning english there is well........different because teachers beat you if you don't learn the right words (eeek!)English, English and english everywhere........

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's really cool being born in another country!How did you manage such a vast and hard language?Did you learn English from pakistan?(learning english there is well........different because teachers beat you if you don't learn the right words (eeek!)English, English and english everywhere........
    Lol well I could read english but I couldnt speak or understand English when we came to the UK. Also we werent living in a diverse location but a totally White British Town called Tamworth (still live here) so when I began school 3 days after we arrived it was the weirdest experience of my life. The weird British accent and the speed at which everyone spoke meant all I could say was Hello, Yes/ No and Can I go to the Toilet (My mum taught me this one specially)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Oh that's good I have so far done the urdu speaking and listening exams both with A*(2 exams)
    yeah i was expecting an A that time!
    when did they start speaking sounds more like IELTS lol
    IULTS: International Urdu Language Testing System

ReputationRep:
    Lol well I could read english but I couldnt speak or understand English when we came to the UK. Also we werent living in a diverse location but a totally White British Town called Tamworth (still live here) so when I began school 3 days after we arrived it was the weirdest experience of my life. The weird British accent and the speed at which everyone spoke meant all I could say was Hello, Yes/ No and Can I go to the Toilet (My mum taught me this one specially)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow it is indeed highly commendable effort made by you to learn English

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.