Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concave)
    I would say Sukkur! the funny thing is that I was born and raised in Pakistan and yet I haven't been outside Sindh lol
    I lived in Karachi for 3 years and didn't appreciate it one bit 'cos I missed Lahore too much lol. They'll always have that part of the argument - there's no beach in Lahore :P I miss my early morning before school walks there. It was THE only time that place was empty.

I never went beyond Karachi though, so can't comment on the rest of Sindh :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomniac_1901)
    I've been there I think. The drive near there when you go across the bridge over the river is breath taking.
    Theres a river :eek:!! How come I didn't see it

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=
    during AND after Ramadan [/QUOTE]

Yea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomniac_1901)
    I lived in Karachi for 3 years and didn't appreciate it one bit 'cos I missed Lahore too much lol. They'll always have that part of the argument - there's no beach in Lahore :P I miss my early morning before school walks there. It was THE only time that place was empty.

I never went beyond Karachi though, so can't comment on the rest of Sindh :confused:
    Karachi Karachi ay tey!
    Lahore Lahore ay! Jinnay Lahore nai Takya o Jamya nai!

Well there is one thing I must say that there is peace in Lahore and Thank God you don't really have the presence of Quaid-e-Tehreek and Lyaari :P
    That is the reason I really like that place otherwise I am happy with Karachi

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Thatta once for my birthday..

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=concave;43725364]
    (Original post by hamza1394)

well murree used to be a very popular tourist destination but now it is too overcrowded and deforestation around the region is ruining that 'untouched beauty'!

Places beyond Murree or extreme north are worth visiting
    Precisely. Some of the best scenery I have ever seen was in Naraan and Kaghaan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concave)
    Karachi Karachi ay tey!
    Lahore Lahore ay! Jinnay Lahore nai Takya o Jamya nai!

Well there is one thing I must say that there is peace in Lahore and Thank God you don't really have the presence of Quaid-e-Tehreek and Lyaari :P
    That is the reason I really like that place otherwise I am happy with Karachi
    Lol tell me about...One psycho killer of Karachi who doesn't even live in Karachi but terrorises us from his phone sitting in a chair in London ....thank God my parents are normal and never supported them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol tell me about...One psycho killer of Karachi who doesn't even live in Karachi but terrorises us from his phone sitting in a chair in London ....thank God my parents are normal and never supported them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't you guys report him to the authorities there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traci Wyne)
    Why don't you guys report him to the authorities there?
    We did and some awesome Karachites/ Pakistanis did too by calling the Police here and things have progressed. The fact is that its the UK and here a criminal case takes a long time to be solved as there aren't any loose ends left for a jury to not convict the guilty because you want to ensure that once you have the culprit he/she should not be able to get away by jurys verdict based on evidence presented.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We did and some awesome Karachites/ Pakistanis did too by calling the Police here and things have progressed. The fact is that its the UK and here a criminal case takes a long time to be solved as there aren't any loose ends left for a jury to not convict the guilty because you want to ensure that once you have the culprit he/she should not be able to get away by jurys verdict based on evidence presented.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wanna see him behind the bars so bad

ReputationRep:
    I wanna see him behind the bars so bad
    You think!!! God if he is behind bars Karachi has a chance to be something Good and maybe again Jamaat e Islam and now PTI could form a strong system for Karachi. Only If...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You think!!! God if he is behind bars Karachi has a chance to be something Good and maybe again Jamaat e Islam and now PTI could form a strong system for Karachi. Only If...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not into politics and stuff and my parents don't even cast their votes cause they know its useless cause of the rigging and all and besides what difference can a single vote make?

ReputationRep:
    I am not into politics and stuff and my parents don't even cast their votes cause they know its useless cause of the rigging and all and besides what difference can a single vote make?
    Well i know exactly what you mean but to me the casting or the jihad to vote is important because only hope keeps people alive in pakistan. I mean when you have no electricity in sweltering heat, no food, nor money to afford food or clothes etc than you just keep hoping via the vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well i know exactly what you mean but to me the casting or the jihad to vote is important because only hope keeps people alive in pakistan. I mean when you have no electricity in sweltering heat, no food, nor money to afford food or clothes etc than you just keep hoping via the vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you can't cast a vote in Pakistan :P

ReputationRep:
    But you can't cast a vote in Pakistan :P
    In Karachi especially ...
    But thats why you tell everyone youre voting for the Patang and then make up your mind later inside the voting booth. My Dad used to do that in Karachi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In Karachi especially ...
    But thats why you tell everyone youre voting for the Patang and then make up your mind later inside the voting booth. My Dad used to do that in Karachi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL Thats very clever indeed

ReputationRep:
    LOL Thats very clever indeed
    Weirdly they dont bother checking who you vote for. But in some cases your thappa has already been made and your vote is screwed

Jeeyay Mutahida

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    True!

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anybody heard of this animated programme called the Burka Avenger?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    Theres a river :eek:!! How come I didn't see it
    River Jhelum yeah, you drive across it on the way there from Islamabad?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.