Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95)

Sorry I'm being an idiot. Just ignore me
    No probs I was just confused is all

Another rant of mine today (Sorry). Got a Tomtom go 6000 and it's supposed to be the highest specced TomTom on the market

and it lacks bluetooth which isn't a major issue because tbh I can get a bluetooth headset for driving and use an auto answer app on the phone

BUT it's missing the simple search of allowing you to search by longitutde and latitude. We're meant to drive to a hotel for work and we've specifically been told that if you put the postcode in your sat nav it drives you in to a field

Looking at google, that's true and I thought hmm Ill be able to use the long and lat to get me exactly to the location, and then I realise that the TomTom go 6000 doesn't allow you to search via long and lat....

And it should be rectified in a new update. I mean for £300 you expect it to have long/lat

So it seems that Ill have to use TWO sat navs to get to this hotel, and then when we're there, I can save it as a place on the go 6000

And because it's so new, the cheapest screen protectors are £15 atm (Ill wait 3 months till they become around £2 )

On the bright side (and the pure and only real reason I bought it), it has lifetime traffic! I'd actually pay for lifetime traffic purely because of the fact that it cuts down on sooo much traffic (and saves me money )

Like when I was stuck on the M1, my (current) tomtom told me there's a 10 minute delay (not too bad) which turned in to a 90 minute delay

Any way, instead of me being on the M1 for a whole 90 minutes I was on it for around 20 because it re-routed me all the way around and in front of all the traffic. It took another 10 miles, but it saved sooo much time!

It also has lifetime maps, whch tbh aren't a major thing for me unless you go to Birmingham, when it gets quite confusing, but still that's there I guess My current one doesn't have that

No lifetime speed cameras,but I don't speed (in my own car ) If I get to drive the company car, Ill probably do 80 and probably buy the speed camera subscription (Cheaper than getting a ticket and 3 points)

It of course has other fancy features, but I wouldn't pay for those purely because I have a mobile phone that can do that for less

And the screen is massive! And I may have to get another case, so I guess Ill order this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7-Hard...item35be69bd76

And I guess and hope if Garmin decide to do lifetime speed cameras in the future, I might consider it 5 years down the line (I guess Ill be able to get £150 for my old sat nav, so therefore a £150 difference and live services cost £48/year)

That's my hope any way

ReputationRep:
    ffs had to get results on indian azadi.

no wonder i got a B in chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wallahi)
    ffs had to get results on indian azadi.

no wonder i got a B in chem
    That's good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    That's good?
    13UMS from A.

ReputationRep:
    You're not at uni any more? And they actually cost more Well, it's more that I won't really need to use a settee, so I just need the bed tbh and we're only here for 12 months so....

Lol. I wish they did a salan maker as well. They do slow cookers, but not salan makers.

Ill probably use it on Saturday and see how it goes. Make the atta in the atta maker and the roti in the roti maker
    Welcome to the club
    im at uni but not in dorms anymore, moved out after first year...oh! They do rice makers and fryers too! lol
    Second years boring as s*** :mad:

(Original post by sahdia13)
    Oh yeah true that.same got my results ages ago.I don't want to go back to uni either so not in study mode!
    Lol I see.don't worry all in good time
    Just one of those crap days lol
    And nope I didn't jinx you.that was quick!
    Yeah so not in study mode I'd rather go camping with friends you come along too if you want lol
    lol imma return the favour then :listen: I'm already on it hehehe
    My days been crap too
    PS. I had shawarma today, sooo good mhmm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    That's nice (i fixed that for you btw, your welcome)
    I have limits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    im at uni but not in dorms anymore, moved out after first year...oh! They do rice makers and fryers too! lol
    Second years boring as s*** :mad:

Yeah so not in study mode I'd rather go camping with friends you come along too if you want lol
    lol imma return the favour then :listen: I'm already on it hehehe
    My days been crap too
    PS. I had shawarma today, sooo good mhmm lol
    Oh I see. Yeah I know I have an actifry here And I was surprised when I saw a rice maker in Asda!

I actually preferred second year than my first

Not a massive fan of camping, but more because I guess I like "clean" environments

ReputationRep:
    Time to revise german........need to learn the whole language in a year. Any german experts here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    Time to revise german........need to learn the whole language in a year. Any german experts here?
    Nope but good luck! I thought Id be able to build my desk over the weekend, but it turns out that I might be forced to go home....

ReputationRep:
    Nope but good luck! I thought Id be able to build my desk over the weekend, but it turns out that I might be forced to go home....
    Can't blame a guy for trying hey! Anyways, lol @ building a desk. It can be quite annoying, especially when the instructions make it look so simple. Am I missing something though? Thought you were home currently? By home I mean the place you live for your university ? @.@

Oh btw, you've been to Germany right? Everything's so clean there when compared to England.

ReputationRep:
    Can't blame a guy for trying hey! Anyways, lol @ building a desk. It can be quite annoying, especially when the instructions make it look so simple. Am I missing something though? Thought you were home currently? By home I mean the place you live for your university ? @.@

Oh btw, you've been to Germany right? Everything's so clean there when compared to England.
    That, and my friend can annoy me a LOT sometimes.... Well, he helped me build the desk and then hes going to get his own desk soon, and I let him use mine for the time being (I have a laptop, he has a desktop)

I was referring to "home home" Well I might have had to but it turns out the internet being knocked out isn't because of any thing they did at home, but because of a VM issue so they just need to sort their stuff out

And yup I did. Well that's true I guess, but Germany just seemed sooo similar to the UK

ReputationRep:
    I actually preferred second year than my first
    Whys that?

i hate second year
    i actually made some friends in first year but then we all chose different majors...

second year is hell tbh we get sooo many assignments its crazy...I hope this term would be less hectic...the only thing I like about being a sophomore are the professors (lovely people :')) and that's all...I didn't even try making friends this time lol it's better this way...2 years ago ago I would've never thought Id become a total nerd lol I like it though

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=de_monies;44019203]That, and my friend can annoy me a LOT sometimes.... Well, he helped me build the desk and then hes going to get his own desk soon, and I let him use mine for the time being (I have a laptop, he has a desktop)

I was referring to "home home" Well I might have had to but it turns out the internet being knocked out isn't because of any thing they did at home, but because of a VM issue so they just need to sort their stuff out

And yup I did. Well that's true I guess, but Germany just seemed sooo similar to

Similar? In what aspects? I thought it was completely different to England.

ReputationRep:
    Just made a new twitter account, anyone willing to add meeeeeee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    Just made a new twitter account, anyone willing to add meeeeeee?
    Hi Zeegie, did you make it into university?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Zeegie, did you make it into university?

hey doc

yeah i made it thank god, warwick chemistry so glad a levels are over...you going sheffield right?

ReputationRep:
    hey doc

yeah i made it thank god, warwick chemistry so glad a levels are over...you going sheffield right?
    Congratulations! And thanks, yeah I'm going to Sheffield. So happy because the whole A-Levels and application process was so stressful. Glad it's over! Can't wait for university to start, I'm sure you'll be eager to start it too

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! And thanks, yeah I'm going to Sheffield. So happy because the whole A-Levels and application process was so stressful. Glad it's over! Can't wait for university to start, I'm sure you'll be eager to start it too

Thankyou you did really well mate, be proud it was incredibly stressful but you pulled through yep, now just waiting to start when are you going? Mine isn't till octoberrrrrrrrr, and yes, I'm buzzing

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou you did really well mate, be proud it was incredibly stressful but you pulled through yep, now just waiting to start when are you going? Mine isn't till octoberrrrrrrrr, and yes, I'm buzzing
    Thanks , it was indeed, but TSR helped pull us through :P, freshers week is 23rd of September but officially, first day of term is 30th of Sept for me, should be good.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks , it was indeed, but TSR helped pull us through :P, freshers week is 23rd of September but officially, first day of term is 30th of Sept for me, should be good.

It'll be crazy man, esp at Sheffs I have to wait till 4th october lol, arrivals weekend is 28th sept waheyyyyyy

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.