Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahidk1)
    I think that kids at that kind of age are at a critical position all they need is some encouragement and they will begin see the world within their own eyes either as a mathematician or a biologist etc. Teachers are simply their to find the key to their hidden knowlege
    Fair enough I guess. Just that you did a maths degree, instead of say a teaching degree. That being said, if you decide not to teach sometime in the future, your maths degree is far more transferable than a teaching degree (NOt that teaching degrees aren't transferable, but just considerably less so than a maths degree)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Kinda I guess. Like if you take the wrong thing down, we'd have the French and the Germans shouting at us (again)

Tbf, I think it does need a bit of cleaning up now as well. Not much but does need some tidying up

Because it'd be a tad creepy if I were to randomly take a pic of her I haven't even taken a pic of my friend that lives with me

Yup. He was born there as well. Though sometimes I think his mindset is stuck in Peshawar

If I were to work here in the future, I wouldn't live here that's for sure. That being said, the Co-Op has elephant atta, and in the entire town, I think there'd probably be about three people who'd buy it (Two when you consider that we don't use elephant atta at home), and it's not your little packs, that English people might get to make roti's as a one off, but it's the big 10Kg packs. Who the hell is going to buy it?

That being said, the gym is pretty cheap (If you're a student) and when I got my car serviced yesterday, I dropped it off at 8am and walked up to work (half an hour) It were ready for lunch, and I finish at half 5. They close at 5. They offered to pick me up, and they said when I needed my MOT doing, or when I come back for them to do a test on my engine (the light was on),then I could park the car at 8:15, and they'd get me to work for 8:30 (They'd be driving my own car, but still)

So that's not bad I guess
    French AND Germans :eek: that's worse than a boom LOL

tidying up? You should totally see my room lol there's hardly any place to sit haha

She doesn't have to know duh just take a cheeky pic when she's looking away lol in only interested in the gori FYI lol

lool whys that? Oh and does he speak pushto?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_toxic)
    freshie yarrrrrrrr :PPPP
    oooh you like it rough eh? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I do like maths and how it can be applied to many situations to find to answers although since my recent AS results I have been so upset now thinking that I might not be able to do university level maths

ReputationRep:
    Just saw the news...Syria :'( oh how I hate America :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    Tell me about it.

ReputationRep:
    French AND Germans :eek: that's worse than a boom LOL

tidying up? You should totally see my room lol there's hardly any place to sit haha

She doesn't have to know duh just take a cheeky pic when she's looking away lol in only interested in the gori FYI lol

lool whys that? Oh and does he speak pushto?
    Sorry,should have been the French and the Italians. The people in finance couldn't access a certain application because something was decommissioned by our team, and then we had emails saying "Major impact" etc... because it was a global thing

Well turns out I dont really need to tidy at all (except a vacuum clean) in my room, but it was just that I spread my clothes out before ironing, and watching 4oD at the same time because otherwise it gets pretty boring lol

Any way now that the clothes have been ironed, my bedroom seems pretty clean. A little cluttered, but pretty clean

And well a lot comes down to him not being able to consider a different POV to things ie: his view is the correct one. ie: We were in Asda, and we talked about halal/haram food etc... and it got on to seafood, and I was like "Yeah it's halal/haram depending on what school of thought you follow" and he was like "What is that bs. What the hell is that?" And I said I dunno, and I said well what's the reasoning we can't eat pigs then? And he said they're dirty etc.... (They're actually pretty clean compared to..... chickens)

That's something trivial that sticks in my mind. Oh and what annoyed me was when someone in his family got married in Pakistan, and I asked him was it arranged? And he said "Yeah course it is" Me being me, I said "Well it's not exactly obvious" And he asked if I'd get married to a girl here, and I told him that if I liked her, yeah and his response (laughing as well) "You get married here. She'll divorce you the next day" ....

Yeah divorce is more common here, but I thought that as almost sexist/racist

Other than that, he's a pretty OK guy. He just has a pretty closed mind on some things, and I think he speaks Pashto yes

On another slightly annoying point, I'm fine to let him use my stuff, as long as he asks, but he didn't ask

Like I bought some ketchup, and noticed half of it were gone and he only asked if he could use it when we were in the kitchen together 3 days or so later ie: when I were there

And when he used my cling film, he didn't ask for days and never did, until I asked "Is that my cling film" I'm absolutely happy to let him use my stuff, so long as he asks!

I haven't seen the news yet. Are they taking military action?

I do like maths and how it can be applied to many situations to find to answers although since my recent AS results I have been so upset now thinking that I might not be able to do university level maths
    You can do it Shahid! And yeah that's pretty cool I guess, like if you can see how it applies. It's like any thing that you have a geeky interest in, you try to find links to places I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_toxic)
    psh
    bata do, mein tou kissi say nahi darti :P
    Wah Wah, Mein ne Maan liya ! Tu Bari Bahadur Bachi Hai

ReputationRep:
    I mean I like everything from biology to chemistry to even English from occasionally although you have to start somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place at college to take 4 AS subjects, but I've decided to do three: English Literature, Sociology and Business Studies.

Is anyone else starting their AS subjects this year or has anyone here already started their A Levels? I'd just like to know which fellow Pakistani's in this society are also starting or in the process of starting their A2's.

ReputationRep:
    I mean I like everything from biology to chemistry to even English from occasionally although you have to start somewhere
    I quite like biology as well. Chemistry, we just made things burn and go boom (We weren't even meant to make things burn or go boom lol) But mainly burning. We did a lot of burning in chemistry lol

And in English, I was always sticking pins in Shakespeare's eyes And occasionally his nose as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizz)
    I've been offered a place at college to take 4 AS subjects, but I've decided to do three: English Literature, Sociology and Business Studies.

Is anyone else starting their AS subjects this year or has anyone here already started their A Levels? I'd just like to know which fellow Pakistani's in this society are also starting or in the process of starting their A2's.
    Didn't do A levels, but good luck!

Can I ask what people think of this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Also, in light of the Syria thing, this came on in my car, and well it brings to mind war atm

Not ashamed to admit that I cried in the car, and looking at the pictures is even more depressing

I'd make a **** soldier lol, despite the fact my name even means "warrior"

ReputationRep:
    Sorry,should have been the French and the Italians. The people in finance couldn't access a certain application because something was decommissioned by our team, and then we had emails saying "Major impact" etc... because it was a global thing

Well turns out I dont really need to tidy at all (except a vacuum clean) in my room, but it was just that I spread my clothes out before ironing, and watching 4oD at the same time because otherwise it gets pretty boring lol

Any way now that the clothes have been ironed, my bedroom seems pretty clean. A little cluttered, but pretty clean

And well a lot comes down to him not being able to consider a different POV to things ie: his view is the correct one. ie: We were in Asda, and we talked about halal/haram food etc... and it got on to seafood, and I was like "Yeah it's halal/haram depending on what school of thought you follow" and he was like "What is that bs. What the hell is that?" And I said I dunno, and I said well what's the reasoning we can't eat pigs then? And he said they're dirty etc.... (They're actually pretty clean compared to..... chickens)

That's something trivial that sticks in my mind. Oh and what annoyed me was when someone in his family got married in Pakistan, and I asked him was it arranged? And he said "Yeah course it is" Me being me, I said "Well it's not exactly obvious" And he asked if I'd get married to a girl here, and I told him that if I liked her, yeah and his response (laughing as well) "You get married here. She'll divorce you the next day" ....

Yeah divorce is more common here, but I thought that as almost sexist/racist

Other than that, he's a pretty OK guy. He just has a pretty closed mind on some things, and I think he speaks Pashto yes

On another slightly annoying point, I'm fine to let him use my stuff, as long as he asks, but he didn't ask

Like I bought some ketchup, and noticed half of it were gone and he only asked if he could use it when we were in the kitchen together 3 days or so later ie: when I were there

And when he used my cling film, he didn't ask for days and never did, until I asked "Is that my cling film" I'm absolutely happy to let him use my stuff, so long as he asks!

I haven't seen the news yet. Are they taking military action?

You can do it Shahid! And yeah that's pretty cool I guess, like if you can see how it applies. It's like any thing that you have a geeky interest in, you try to find links to places I guess
    From Obamays (my mum calls him that lol) speech yesterday, yes it seemed like he was about to go in on it...but he needs the Congress's approval which he most likely wont get so I guess Syrias safe (kinda) for now...it's sad no Muslim state is standing up to the US, except Iran of crs...and thats cz theyve Ahmadinejad...I heard he threatened to set the whole Israel on fire if they dared take military action in Syria (literally!)...lawl that man ain't scared of nothing...I wish Pakistan had a leader like him...such a fine leader, he inspires me lol

edit: I'm inspired by his humble nature and that fearless attitude...I've no intentions of setting a whole country on fire!

ReputationRep:
    :sick:

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say I'm Pakistani but seriously hate them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From Obamays (my mum calls him that lol) speech yesterday, yes it seemed like he was about to go in on it...but he needs the Congress's approval which he most likely wont get so I guess Syrias safe (kinda) for now...it's sad no Muslim state is standing up to the US, except Iran of crs...and thats cz theyve Ahmadinejad...I heard he threatened to set the whole Israel on fire if they dared take military action in Syria (literally!)...lawl that man ain't scared of nothing...I wish Pakistan had a leader like him...such a fine leader, he inspires me lol
    Ah I see. I guess it's easier for me to link here to what I think of the whole Syria thing:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...16931698331370

One thing I do admire about Iran is that they do stand up to the US, BUT that doesn't exactly stop them from being an authoritarian regime. And it'd be "nice" if Ahmadinejad's hatred of Israel was based on actual politics, as opposed to "They're Jews" I mean I dislike Israel, but I also dislike SA, and I dislike the USA. By that I mean the gov'ts of these countries.

If any thing, both Israel and SA are gunning for the USA to strike Iran

Thing is I wouldn't want a leader like him, purely because of how authoritarian he is.

:sick:
    What's wrong? Also, I do like that emoticon!
    (Original post by HelpTheInnocent)
    Can I just say I'm Pakistani but seriously hate them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure you are :rolleyes: .... If you read through my posts, you'll notice I criticise Pakistan a LOT (I criticise the UK and USA more), but that doesn't mean that I hate human beings. Hate the gov't fine. Hate militant groups fine, but what the hell have you got against ordinary decent human beings?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. I guess it's easier for me to link here to what I think of the whole Syria thing:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...16931698331370

One thing I do admire about Iran is that they do stand up to the US, BUT that doesn't exactly stop them from being an authoritarian regime. And it'd be "nice" if Ahmadinejad's hatred of Israel was based on actual politics, as opposed to "They're Jews" I mean I dislike Israel, but I also dislike SA, and I dislike the USA. By that I mean the gov'ts of these countries.

If any thing, both Israel and SA are gunning for the USA to strike Iran

Thing is I wouldn't want a leader like him, purely because of how authoritarian he is.

What's wrong? Also, I do like that emoticon!
    ill get back to you on Ahmadinejad once I recover lol I did research on him few years back...
    right now I'm really realllllllllly sick make dua please :'(

ReputationRep:
    ill get back to you on Ahmadinejad once I recover lol I did research on him few years back...
    right now I'm really realllllllllly sick make dua please :'(
    Ah fair enough. Have some lemsip/paracetamol?

I find that the history of Iran is pretty interesting as well. I don't know so much about Iran as Persia and the Babylonians but I did a fair bit of research around Mohammed Mossadegh

ReputationRep:
    I have now decided that I wanted to do teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    I do. Have you watched Halki si khalish, it's boom.

No, I haven't. Rather, been watching Kankar. And we watched some previous once like Woh Humsafar Tha, Ashk, Zindagi Gulzaar Hai (loved it)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.