Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    Shatup

A 28 year old woman has been told she has rheumatic heart disease, specifically mitral stenosis. Which murmur is most likely heard?
    I dee kay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    A murmur with the sound: dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud ( say it really fast several times to ensure that you mimic a sound parallel to that you would actually hear)

Is this some sort of revision for a biology exam? I thought everyone's exams had finished....
    It's medics talk. We didn't choose the nerd life, the nerd life chose us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    Harvard, Dartmouth, Oxford and Imperial. I refused them, they weren't upto my standards.

Erm my mums a Doctor, she's the one that sent me into this hell. Bloody ruined my life.
    :laugh: Really? Then don't become a doctor? Become a surfer for real? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)

I dunno, but I do know that they're pretty bad for you. Like they use corn and turn it in to HFCS (High fructose corn syrup), and then add it to stuff. It's used pretty heavily in the USA, and the gov't subsidises corn pretty heavily.

It's made it's way here as "glucose syrup" but thankfully, we have less of it than the Americans do. I'd rather my sugar, than any sweeteners
    Yeah they can be pretty harmful.

I was referring to fructose metablism though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    Oh right, it seemed like something from an A level biology paper or something. What year of medicine are you in?

ReputationRep:
    A murmur with the sound: dud dud dud dud dud dud dud dud ( say it really fast several times to ensure that you mimic a sound parallel to that you would actually hear)

Is this some sort of revision for a biology exam? I thought everyone's exams had finished....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nerds like Blackshadow like to prepare ahead of next academic year.

One should hear a harsh systolic murmur with high frequency.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, it seemed like something from an A level biology paper or something. What year of medicine are you in?
    Going to start second year in September.

ReputationRep:
    Going to start second year in September.
    Oh nice, where are you studying it? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you score in the first year?

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice, where are you studying it? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you score in the first year?
    Cardiff. It's merely a pass/fail in the first year, I passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    :laugh: Really? Then don't become a doctor? Become a surfer for real? :laugh:
    I wish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go for it

Does anyone wanna be kind to me and get me an orange 2 for 1 code? Last minute drop out so now need a code!

ReputationRep:
    lol, what competition? And banned? That sounds harsh. Who banned you and for what reason?
    Well, it's meant to be friendly competiton but we did have banter (Fighting words ) it's part of the student induction for the company at a hotel

Originally, our team was trailing behind by 2 points. They brought in guests from other departments to talk about the company, and then you were quizzed, or as a team you had to answer questions on a flip chart

Then a health and safety guy came in and did his talk, and I continuously put my hand up, eventually getting us three points ahead of the other team (Just banned from his, and his is over now )

On one of them, there was a prize of chocolate to be one. I don't think any one was as fussed about the chocolate. Every one wants the truck!

We get to possibly win a toy truck, so every one has an incentive
    Lol. This is TSR tbf

ReputationRep:
    Got tetnus shots today...my arm hurts so bad :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    Aww how comes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    Consider it a lot of pain for a lot of gain. That reminds me, what I saw on Dara O Brian's science show, scientists are making a purely synthetic vaccine which imitates the virus exactly (ie: not a weakened form, therefore your body not giving a potentially weak response, if the virus actually attacks you) and they were able to do so by using a massive microscope, and engineered the synthetic "virus" atom by atom.

Basically it had the exact same structure of the original virus, but the harmful protein of the virus simply isn't there, so it's the BEST vaccine we could ever have, maybe even some thousands of years in the future as well, unless we discover something even smaller than atoms lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Wow. Sounds believable as well, considering he's been working with them since 4.With that 9 year old girl, I think Bill Gates went out to meet her as well though I might be wrong
    She went to Microsoft and met him there

Lol, he scored no A*'s. :pierre:
    Haha yeah just realised, quite strange.
    Actually looking at this it says A or A*, so who knows.

(Original post by a-witty-name)
    I (a non-Pakistani) work with a few Pakistanis, what are a few things I can say to them to surprise them? Is "rabb rakha" appropriate or does the mention of God make that dodgy?

They often speak to each other in (I think) Punjabi, so I like to surprise them with phrases I know to keep them on their toes, but I only know "kee hala" ("how are you?"), "tic-tac" ("so-so"), and "puddha" (an insult). I'm not sure if it's the same language (I think they're all Muslim), but so far they've mostly understood.
    It's fine, they won't find it dodgy.
    What kind of things do you want to say? Are they immigrants or from here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    It's fine, they won't find it dodgy.
    What kind of things do you want to say? Are they immigrants or from here?
    How is 'rabb rakha' pronounced?

Just anything you think would be cool, as long as it's easy to remember. Could be 'hey buddy', could be 'my moose is on fire', could be slang.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-witty-name)
    How is 'rabb rakha' pronounced?

Just anything you think would be cool, as long as it's easy to remember. Could be 'hey buddy', could be 'my moose is on fire', could be slang.
    I'm not actually sure how to pronounce it, I've never heard or said it before, (or if I have heard it then can't remember) just looked it up on Google:cool:
    My knowledge of my mother tongue(s) is quite bad, so I'll wait for someone else to give you ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Ganja good for your sinuses, it's good for glaucoma!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    She went to Microsoft and met him there
    She was invited though wasn't she?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.