The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5900
Original post by lilmissshady
There's been an increase in rape cases in Pakistan...how shameful......and scary

Seriously? Completely disgraceful.
Reply 5902
Original post by de_monies
Well it means I have to come back home and have to go to my work place home on a train tomorrow.And I'd rather it breakdown now, than on say the motorway. The clutch has gone.

As they say **** happens :biggrin:

I find the whole thing pretty funny lol

How could you find thy funny... I'd panic lol
But then again I panic for the most stupid things anyway lol x
Original post by lilmissshady
There's been an increase in rape cases in Pakistan...how shameful......and scary

I'm not so sure IR there's been an increase in rape cases or an increase of rape victims coming forwards

If its the latter, then that's only a good thing provided that the levels of rape aren't increasing

If rape is a more common occurrence then yeah it is shameful and because of the society that it is, the victim will be blamed for "provoking" them

I wonder what qisas law has to say about this? The rapist gets castrated? The rapist gets raped?

Original post by IqraHaq
How could you find thy funny... I'd panic lol
But then again I panic for the most stupid things anyway lol x

Well I dunno how to explain it. I just find it funny. Good thing I were pretty close to home and it was at night time because well it could have happened today on a busy motorway

Now I'm car-less for about a week and I had to take the train with an open return ticket lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5904
I'm not so sure IR there's been an increase in rape cases or an increase of rape victims coming forwards

If its the latter, then that's only a good thing provided that the levels of rape aren't increasing

If rape is a more common occurrence then yeah it is shameful and because of the society that it is, the victim will be blamed for "provoking" them

I wonder what qisas law has to say about this? The rapist gets castrated? The rapist gets raped?

Well I dunno how to explain it. I just find it funny. Good thing I were pretty close to home
and it was at night time because well it could have happened today on a busy
motorway
Now I'm car-less for about a week and I had to take the train with an open return ticket lol

Posted from TSR
Mobile

Yeh good thing you were :smile:
I can't cope with public transport it kin of scares me, maybe because I've always been driven everywhere lol x
LOL a pakistani society on TSR.
Original post by Mohammed Arshad

haha :tongue:
'Welcome, the more the merrier :smile:'

Pakistanis on TSR?! Who knewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek4:
Original post by IqraHaq
Yeh good thing you were :smile:
I can't cope with public transport it kin of scares me, maybe because I've always been driven everywhere lol x

Really? It was relatively trouble free, though it did cost more than a car would. it cost me £42(return), instead of £30(return) in fuel, as well as almost taking 4 hours...

I haven't even taken some of my presents because well I don't trust them not to be damaged on the train - I took food though!

And Im going back home next week, purely because my car is there lol.

What is the world coming to? :biggrin:
Reply 5909
Really? It was relatively trouble free, though it did cost more than a car would. it cost me £42(return), instead of £30(return) in fuel, as well as almost taking 4 hours...

I haven't even taken some of my presents because well I don't trust them not to be damaged on the train - I took food though!

And Im going back home next week, purely because my car is there lol.

What is the world coming to? :biggrin:

Wow that's alot of money! £42!
Lol I wouldn't take anything like presents on the train, I'd be so paranoid.
Ha that's funny I take food with me everywhere anyway lol x
I opened some presents(Birthday today) and they're pretty cool! Now I have two planes lol

- wooh unlucky Friday 13th :tongue:

And got finish early today, so thats pretty cool as well

Oh wow. Hello moonie. We haven't talked for aaages!

Lol. I just have a bit of experience. As per my manager, with excel "I get by" Im not super proficient at it. I've learnt a bit on excel in the first few weeks, and looking "Ooh you can do this" and "that" and now it really does look pretty. It's like I want to work on it now. Lots and lots of colour

Well I booked tomorow off now any way :biggrin:

More like I rant too much :tongue:

u can tell with the experience. im sure ur amazing at it-from what i can tell :tongue: and lol ur like me when i find new stuff :biggrin:

and yeah maybe (lol im joking :tongue: nah u sound like a pro at what u do:biggrin:)
Original post by IqraHaq
Wow that's alot of money! £42!
Lol I wouldn't take anything like presents on the train, I'd be so paranoid.
Ha that's funny I take food with me everywhere anyway lol x

Well yeah but it's an open return so it isn't *too* bad. It would only cost £30 return in petrol money. A car would cost me £87.50 to hire for the week. That would make sense if I lived further out, or if I didnt live so close to work

Lol. I need to put my keema in the freezer. It's in the fridge atm. It leaked :frown: Though thankfully, I had it wrapped in a carrier bag

Original post by dasolja123
u can tell with the experience. im sure ur amazing at it-from what i can tell :tongue: and lol ur like me when i find new stuff :biggrin:

and yeah maybe (lol im joking :tongue: nah u sound like a pro at what u do:biggrin:)

Lol. Hardly. It's more trying to see if it works, and then rolling it out. Like now, I don't think I have much auditing to do, but the spreadsheets still need rolling out to other places. - to make it pretty and more user friendly :biggrin:
Original post by Miss Sweet
haha :tongue:
'Welcome, the more the merrier :smile:'

Lol i am a pakistani but i wouldnt think there is a paistani form on TSR :smile:
Original post by Blackshadow
Pakistanis on TSR?! Who knewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek4:

Lol Yeh:biggrin:
Lol i am a pakistani but i wouldnt think there is a paistani form on TSR :smile:

haha I know I was surprised at first, but oh well :smile:

I stumbled here accidentally :biggrin:
Whatsup everyone.
Original post by Asimhussain
Whatsup everyone.

Looking for car insurance. Seems that every one is more expensive than my renewal. Also, my insurance company can't do maths :tongue:

They said that the standard quote for me this year is: £1015.59, and because my driving score (telematics box) is 95/100, I got a 25% discount, and they said that my renewal quote is £812.47 , but a quick calculation shows that figure is only a 20% discount, and it *should* be £761.69 - a difference of £50.78

So I called them up to get that chased up, and I should get a call back tomorrow evening.

The £813 quote is pretty good tbf, but the email did say that I'll get a 25% discount and not a 20% discount lol

It's not a bad policy. I get:

No night time curfews

FREE theft tracker worth £466 (I've already got one from them)

Handbag cover

Legal cover

Audio and sat nav cover

European use

Medical treatment

Fire/Theft Repair

Accidental damage cover

Personal belongings cover (Though Sentinel gold covers me for that any way)

Windscreen cover

Uninsured driver cover

Unlimited mileage (I used to get up to 10,000, which was upped to 15,000 and now to "unlimited" )

With compulsory excess of £95, voluntary of £0, night time excess of £200 and windscreen excess of £65

What I don't get is breakdown cover, but that's covered by a company called Autoaid for £39/year, which covers you and a spouse. Considering I don't have a spouse, it's £39 instead of say £19.50 each

And the customer service seems to have drastically improved which is a plus.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well yeah but it's an open return so it isn't *too* bad. It would only cost £30 return in petrol money. A car would cost me £87.50 to hire for the week. That would make sense if I lived further out, or if I didnt live so close to work

Lol. I need to put my keema in the freezer. It's in the fridge atm. It leaked :frown: Though thankfully, I had it wrapped in a carrier bag

Lol. Hardly. It's more trying to see if it works, and then rolling it out. Like now, I don't think I have much auditing to do, but the spreadsheets still need rolling out to other places. - to make it pretty and more user friendly :biggrin:

stop saying that-it sounds girly lol :tongue:

Lol Yeh :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending