Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Whatsup everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asimhussain)
    Whatsup everyone.
    Looking for car insurance. Seems that every one is more expensive than my renewal. Also, my insurance company can't do maths

They said that the standard quote for me this year is: £1015.59, and because my driving score (telematics box) is 95/100, I got a 25% discount, and they said that my renewal quote is £812.47 , but a quick calculation shows that figure is only a 20% discount, and it *should* be £761.69 - a difference of £50.78

So I called them up to get that chased up, and I should get a call back tomorrow evening.

The £813 quote is pretty good tbf, but the email did say that I'll get a 25% discount and not a 20% discount lol

It's not a bad policy. I get:

• No night time curfews
    • FREE theft tracker worth £466 (I've already got one from them)
    • Handbag cover
    • Legal cover
    • Audio and sat nav cover
    • European use
    • Medical treatment
    • Fire/Theft Repair
    • Accidental damage cover
    • Personal belongings cover (Though Sentinel gold covers me for that any way)
    • Windscreen cover
    • Uninsured driver cover
    • Unlimited mileage (I used to get up to 10,000, which was upped to 15,000 and now to "unlimited" )

With compulsory excess of £95, voluntary of £0, night time excess of £200 and windscreen excess of £65

What I don't get is breakdown cover, but that's covered by a company called Autoaid for £39/year, which covers you and a spouse. Considering I don't have a spouse, it's £39 instead of say £19.50 each

And the customer service seems to have drastically improved which is a plus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Well yeah but it's an open return so it isn't *too* bad. It would only cost £30 return in petrol money. A car would cost me £87.50 to hire for the week. That would make sense if I lived further out, or if I didnt live so close to work

Lol. I need to put my keema in the freezer. It's in the fridge atm. It leaked Though thankfully, I had it wrapped in a carrier bag

Lol. Hardly. It's more trying to see if it works, and then rolling it out. Like now, I don't think I have much auditing to do, but the spreadsheets still need rolling out to other places. - to make it pretty and more user friendly

stop saying that-it sounds girly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Sweet)
    haha I know I was surprised at first, but oh well

Lol Yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    stop saying that-it sounds girly lol
    But it looks pretty What do you want me to say? It looks more appealing, more professional perhaps? Nicer to use?

It's like I *want* to use it now, because it looks good. Before, a lot of it looked very 90's like and it's more functional. Like you can look at when something needs auditing, and find all the Yes' and say "this needs doing and that" etc...

Now it's just rolling the change out to the bazillion or so other spreadsheets. And I have a traffic lighting system which is pretty cool - it's based on date, and a good 90% of things table wise, are done by formula, except the data entering and deciding if a port is active or not

I'll eventually lock it down with a blank password (More just to stop any accidental "damage" to the spreadsheet)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :poke:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never quite got that. Is it kinda like the "nudge" feature that you had in MSN?

ReputationRep:
    Pak soc is home lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, any ideas on what to get a 19 year old for her birthday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlligatorSky)
    Does she by any chance like watches? I'd get my sister a watch, if she ever wore it...
    I mean I got myself a citizen eco drive WR 100. It looks pretty cool, and apparently has a calculator built in, and all sorts of cool stuff, but it just looks cool and professional

I do like citizen eco drive watches. Relatively pricey, but "cheap" for what it is

ReputationRep:
    Does she by any chance like watches? I'd get my sister a watch, if she ever wore it...
    I mean I got myself a citizen eco drive WR 100. It looks pretty cool, and apparently has a calculator built in, and all sorts of cool stuff, but it just looks cool and professional

I do like citizen eco drive watches. Relatively pricey, but "cheap" for what it is
    Yeah that's not a bad idea. Everyone likes watches.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's not a bad idea. Everyone likes watches.
    Not every one wears one though! My sister has a watch, and she hardly ever wears it. Try and see if she'd actually wear it

ReputationRep:
    Not every one wears one though! My sister has a watch, and she hardly ever wears it. Try and see if she'd actually wear it
    I'm sure she would, as long as it's a nice one and not those overrated MK or toy watches.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure she would, as long as it's a nice one and not those overrated MK or toy watches.
    MK? Never heard of those. Toy watches lol. I seriously love citizen eco drive watches. They're pretty cool for what they are. Though my watch wasn't much cheaper than my mobile phone

ReputationRep:
    MK? Never heard of those. Toy watches lol. I seriously love citizen eco drive watches. They're pretty cool for what they are. Though my watch wasn't much cheaper than my mobile phone
    Michael Kors. It's an average designer label and they have these watches that every single girl has/wants. I don't think spending on a watch is a bad thing, it's something you can keep forever if kept in the right state.

ReputationRep:
    A sex toy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah but it's an open return so it isn't *too* bad. It would only cost £30 return in petrol money. A car would cost me £87.50 to hire for the week. That would make sense if I lived further out, or if I didnt live so close to work

Lol. I need to put my keema in the freezer. It's in the fridge atm. It leaked Though thankfully, I had it wrapped in a carrier bag

Lol. Hardly. It's more trying to see if it works, and then rolling it out. Like now, I don't think I have much auditing to do, but the spreadsheets still need rolling out to other places. - to make it pretty and more user friendly
    Renting a car would have been harder, that's true.

Lol best get that keema in the freezer haha x

ReputationRep:
    But it looks pretty What do you want me to say? It looks more appealing, more professional perhaps? Nicer to use?

It's like I *want* to use it now, because it looks good. Before, a lot of it looked very 90's like and it's more functional. Like you can look at when something needs auditing, and find all the Yes' and say "this needs doing and that" etc...

Now it's just rolling the change out to the bazillion or so other spreadsheets. And I have a traffic lighting system which is pretty cool - it's based on date, and a good 90% of things table wise, are done by formula, except the data entering and deciding if a port is active or not

I'll eventually lock it down with a blank password (More just to stop any accidental "damage" to the spreadsheet)

lol how old r u again? (kidding)-saying it looks appealing/ pro sounds more guy-e

lol even my IT teacher has less to say about spreadsheets than u -and he's like 60 ( be proud)-now i kno who to go to for IT helplol -my IT teacher is ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    lol how old r u again? (kidding)-saying it looks appealing/ pro sounds more guy-e

lol even my IT teacher has less to say about spreadsheets than u -and he's like 60 ( be proud)-now i kno who to go to for IT helplol -my IT teacher is ****
    Im 21 Well it's more that Im somewht proud of it, because spreadsheets aren't my day to day job. Filling them in is useful sometimes, but not making them and I learnt all this in the last three/four weeks

I'm more in to the hardcore technical stuff than spreadsheets tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    Renting a car would have been harder, that's true.

Lol best get that keema in the freezer haha x
    Well it'd be worth it if I either lived further away, or if I couldn't walk in to work. At £87.50 you get the car and "unlimited miles" For me driving to where I work, and back home, it's not really worth it

They may also have levied a young drivers price hike, because it tends to be cheaper when you're 25, but most companies let you hire vehicles at 21

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.