Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Oh I've just been watching "MI High" I know it's a kids show, but I find it pretty comical how the evil villains are so "cartoon" ish lol. I'd watch it at the gym, but there it looks odd, so I watch Al Jazeera there lol

Were you feeding your cousin?

Bit more than that. What you don't get with an external HDD is redundancy, and you don't get network capabilities either. I guess you COULD attach it to a PC, and have it run via network, but the running costs outweigh the costs of a NAS drive.

Not to mention with a NAS drive, you can upload/download to it any where in the world.

I might have a look at NAS enclosures like this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/339369-zyxel-n...-nsa325-eu01f)

And add in the hard drives myself. Or perhaps build a small low power PC. Choices, choices lol
    i have never heard of NAS before today haha.

You could always build your own NAS with Atom +2gb RAM. Will be cheaper and more fun'

ReputationRep:
    Oh I've just been watching "MI High" I know it's a kids show, but I find it pretty comical how the evil villains are so "cartoon" ish lol. I'd watch it at the gym, but there it looks odd, so I watch Al Jazeera there lol

Bit more than that. What you don't get with an external HDD is redundancy, and you don't get network capabilities either. I guess you COULD attach it to a PC, and have it run via network, but the running costs outweigh the costs of a NAS drive.

Not to mention with a NAS drive, you can upload/download to it any where in the world.

And add in the hard drives myself. Or perhaps build a small low power PC. Choices, choices lol
    Aw I loved that show, haven't watched it in a while.
    It would have looked a bit odd if you watched it at the gym lol

I was watching x factor just now and my cousin came to sit next to me and ended up puking up all over me... it was horrible x

ReputationRep:

http://www.ebuyer.com/248760-d-link-...losure-dns-320

Absolute bargain for a 2 bay, I might consider getting one at that price for the enclosure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsn0b0dy)
    i have never heard of NAS before today haha.

You could always build your own NAS with Atom +2gb RAM. Will be cheaper and more fun'
    Yeah I were looking at that as well. Im not so sure what I want to do lol

(Original post by IqraHaq)
    Aw I loved that show, haven't watched it in a while.
    It would have looked a bit odd if you watched it at the gym lol

I was watching x factor just now and my cousin came to sit next to me and ended up puking up all over me... it was horrible x
    It's on iplayer now. Ah I see. Your little cousin obviously didn't like X factor

(Original post by itsn0b0dy)
    http://www.ebuyer.com/248760-d-link-...losure-dns-320

Absolute bargain for a 2 bay, I might consider getting one at that price for the enclosure!
    Wow. That is pretty cheap, and it has RAID one capabilities, as well as a bit-torrent client built in. Slight saving over the one I linked to on Amazon as well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I were looking at that as well. Im not so sure what I want to do lol

It's on iplayer now. Ah I see. Your little cousin obviously didn't like X factor

Wow. That is pretty cheap, and it has RAID one capabilities, as well as a bit-torrent client built in. Slight saving over the one I linked to on Amazon as well
    Oh thanks yeh I don't think he liked it either lol x
    Yay! It's Sunday, Sunday's are my chill out days I do absolutely nothing...

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks yeh I don't think he liked it either lol x
    Yay! It's Sunday, Sunday's are my chill out days I do absolutely nothing...
    Oh just realised it is . Lol, I think in the morning, I'm gonna do some cleaning and then some ironing later on. I cleaned the kitchen tops today, my room and did the vacuum but that were about it

ReputationRep:
    Oh just realised it is . Lol, I think in the morning, I'm gonna do some cleaning and then some ironing later on. I cleaned the kitchen tops today, my room and did the vacuum but that were about it
    Wow, that's a lot of cleaning. I do do some housework now and again but we do the vacuum, dusting, kitchen everyday, considering the number of us in the house lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasan4life)
    wake up now!
    I wake up at normal times I just don't go to sleep at normal times

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's a lot of cleaning. I do do some housework now and again but we do the vacuum, dusting, kitchen everyday, considering the number of us in the house lol x
    Hmm fair enoughs. I'll do some work after breakfast lol Probs more like every week here. My friend cleaned the kitchen tops ONCE

Probs need to put some stuff on eBay as well lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmm fair enoughs. I'll do some work after breakfast lol Probs more like every week here. My friend cleaned the kitchen tops ONCE

Probs need to put some stuff on eBay as well lol
    Yeh, once a week or every few days is normal.
    What needs to go on eBay? lol x

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, once a week or every few days is normal.
    What needs to go on eBay? lol x
    A sat nav, a cooker extractor thingy, and two/three phones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyfacedassasin)
    My Cousin is getting married soon will need to eat 1months supply of jalebi if you know what i mean
    Im so inviting myself to this wedding

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. Lol some music, Im like "lyric lyric lyric silence lyric lyric lyric"

Well yeah, but my plan is to use it as a media server. Like it has 6TB of space (between two drives). I'd use 3TB, and then something called RAID 1. RAID one means that you have two disks, and all the files are copied straight on to the other disk. It's kinda expensive, considering you need two drives, but it means if one fails, then you have another one ready to go.

And you could put around 2000 movies on it I guess, so that works out at around 14p/movie

I could get a PC and bung some drives in there, but the running costs are higher

Tbf, I kinda agree with your brother (aside from the punching) Im a bit older, and I think I wanna wait a bit It's embarassing when people keep mentioning it....

lol useful den and if u think about it from the movies perspective it aint much! yh true..

lol i want my bro to get married tho so i can go to my first wedding!!! my friends are like "u aint asian if uve never been to a wedding before!!!"

lol i feel 4 u(dnt really lol )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    lol useful den and if u think about it from the movies perspective it aint much! yh true..

lol i want my bro to get married tho so i can go to my first wedding!!! my friends are like "u aint asian if uve never been to a wedding before!!!"

lol i feel 4 u(dnt really lol )
    Nope. And the running costs are low as well. You can make a cheap computer/server but the running costs outstrip the cost of buying a more expensive device

Oh I see. I've been to some before. They're nothing much. I don't really like weddings lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    and if i may ask why is that???

ReputationRep:
    A sat nav, a cooker extractor thingy, and two/three phones
    Oh cool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    Where you been shady?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. And the running costs are low as well. You can make a cheap computer/server but the running costs outstrip the cost of buying a more expensive device

Oh I see. I've been to some before. They're nothing much. I don't really like weddings lol

pretty cool then (im gonna try and get my mom to buy me one for my 16th bday-chances r NO WAY but can still try lol )

all my cousins are in pakistan so they get married there and my moms like no we aint going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    pretty cool then (im gonna try and get my mom to buy me one for my 16th bday-chances r NO WAY but can still try lol )

all my cousins are in pakistan so they get married there and my moms like no we aint going
    Well if it's a NAS drive you want,you gotta set it up as well Ah fair enoughs. Ill go to close relatives weddings, but cousins, not always Basically I only go if I have to

ReputationRep:
    Well if it's a NAS drive you want,you gotta set it up as well Ah fair enoughs. Ill go to close relatives weddings, but cousins, not always Basically I only go if I have to

im actually quite good at techy stuff so as long as i have the instructions im good -its good cuz everyone at home relies on me!!!

r u one of those ppl who hate weddings? my bff has to be DRAGGED to them-literally lol but dats cuz she has to go to sooo many!!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.