Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz91)
    acha mazak nahi hai :mad:
    Aw :console: mujhe maaf kar do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padwas)
    i wasn't defending them lol but as i said nobody here knows why the government did it so posting it is pointless , why not make a thread about it .

i wasn't mocking dont be so immature nor was i denying anything all I'm saying is worse has happened

people deny it because very very very few people know about it . this is the first i have heard of it .

another thing almost everyone on here is from the uk lol

So what? I'm from London as well.

All that goes to show is that you're extremely uneducated, and unaware of some of the disgusting history of the past. Why don't you go pick up a book and READ about some of the events that have taken place in the world to perhaps curb your ignorance.

AMAR SHUNAR BANGLA.

আমার সোনার বাংলা

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurangzeb)
    LISTEN UP.

TELL ME, WHY DID PAKISTAN INVADE BANGLADESH IN 1971 AND MASSACRE 3 MILLION PEOPLE. The biggest atrocity since World War 2.

It left Banagladesh in immense poverty. All the progressives and intellectuals were killed by the Pakistani army, and hundreds of thousands of women were raped. Disgusting acts that the Pakistani government have never apologised for.

Pakistan tried to impose Urdu on Bangladesh, when we had our own language, Bengali, in the name of Islam. The hypocrisy of this is unfathomable. India came in and helped us. No one else.

JOI BANGLA, AMAR SHUNAR BANGLA.

Aurangzeb, touching topic. truly sorry for the innocent lives that were lost.

i will start off by, asking you to give me some proof of these atrocities that were committed and if they were committed by the Pakistan army itself.

all was a political game played by the Indian intelligence to portray Pakistan as the perpetrators of these horrendous rapes and killings.

Read the Book "Dead reckoning by a Hindu woman from Calcutta" and then talk to me and dare you say anything to my Pakistan who protecting Our East pakistan women and children from the Mukti bahni and the indian forces.

BEHIND THE MYTH OF THREE MILLION is a re-examination of a sad chapter in the relationship of the people of Pakistan and Bangladesh and exposes its utterly contrived nature as well as the motive behind such inventiveness. I am one of those whose family were reported among the casualties of Pakistan Army's action in Dhaka on the night of 26 March 1971. Some of my personal friends within the 'liberationist' camp even had a condolence meeting for me in their Indian safe heaven! I am not alone in having been counted as dead. Countless other people could tell a similar story of their own. Some have even found their names engraved in the commemorative plaques solemnly dedicated in memory of the fallen heroes of the Bangladesh War. [3] Being one of many such' 'reincarnated' beings, I feel duty bound to help remove the myth which is of no service either to my fellow countrymen or to history. Yet, mindful of the requirement of objectivity I have chosen to confine myself to published works and recorded sources and have analysed them with the utmost fidelity to the truth. The ultimate judgement lies with the reader and it is my hope that they would find the pages that follow both interesting and informative.

In putting facts over fiction, I risk ruffling the feathers of those who for all manner of reasons have allowed themselves to be beguiled. Even if a few of them start considering the facts and begin rethinking their position, I shall consider my efforts worth-while. For those who in their blinkered disposition refuse to distinguish facts from fiction and continue to follow the pied pipers of the 'spirit of liberation' fame, who have - to my mind and I hope many would agree with me - no better function other than leading the Muslim Nation of Bangladesh towards its national suicide, I can only pray for divine guidance.

A friend has helped me with source materials and other friends have joined him in encouraging me for a quick completion of the work. All of them have done so, I am sure, out of friendship and not for credit. The friend who helped me with source materials particularly wanted to remain anonymous. In deference to his wish, I refrain from naming him and other friends. However, saliently and sincerely I acknowledge their debt and pray for their continued well-being.

February, 1996 (Dr. M. Abdul Mu’min Chowdhury)

NOTES AND REFERENCES
    1. Zahir Raihan was a Marxist who was said to have been disillusioned while in Calcutta and did not believe that the 'intellectuals' found murdered in Dhaka on the eve of 16 December 1971- who included his elder brother Shahidullah Kaiser- could have been killed at the behest of the Pakistan Army as has been alleged. The rumour has it that he also had incriminatory photographs of questionable activities of the Awami League leaders in India. While gathering information about the killing he was kidnapped in Dhaka in broad day light and was never seen again. There is no doubt that he was killed by either those who were at risk of being exposed or those who did not like the truth behind the killing of the intellectuals to come out.
    2. For a cogent argument on this point cf. Syed Sajjad Husain, The Wastes of Time: Reflections on the Decline and Fall of East Pakistan, Notun Safar Prokashani, 44 Purana Paltan, Dhaka -1000, 1995: 265-84
    3. Jauhuri, Tirish Lakher Telesmat (The Riddle of Thirty Lakh), Asha Prokashan, 435 Elephant Road, Dhaka -1217,1994: 74

Read this Dead Reckoning by Sharmila Bose from oxford university

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=G...20bose&f=false

ReputationRep:

i will start off by, asking you to give me some proof of these atrocities that were committed and if they were committed by the Pakistan army itself.

all was a political game played by the Indian intelligence to portray Pakistan as the perpetrators of these horrendous rapes and killings.

Read the Book "Dead reckoning by a Hindu woman from Calcutta" and then talk to me and dare you say anything to my Pakistan who protecting Our East pakistan women and children from the Mukti bahni and the indian forces.

BEHIND THE MYTH OF THREE MILLION is a re-examination of a sad chapter in the relationship of the people of Pakistan and Bangladesh and exposes its utterly contrived nature as well as the motive behind such inventiveness. I am one of those whose family were reported among the casualties of Pakistan Army's action in Dhaka on the night of 26 March 1971. Some of my personal friends within the 'liberationist' camp even had a condolence meeting for me in their Indian safe heaven! I am not alone in having been counted as dead. Countless other people could tell a similar story of their own. Some have even found their names engraved in the commemorative plaques solemnly dedicated in memory of the fallen heroes of the Bangladesh War. [3] Being one of many such' 'reincarnated' beings, I feel duty bound to help remove the myth which is of no service either to my fellow countrymen or to history. Yet, mindful of the requirement of objectivity I have chosen to confine myself to published works and recorded sources and have analysed them with the utmost fidelity to the truth. The ultimate judgement lies with the reader and it is my hope that they would find the pages that follow both interesting and informative.

In putting facts over fiction, I risk ruffling the feathers of those who for all manner of reasons have allowed themselves to be beguiled. Even if a few of them start considering the facts and begin rethinking their position, I shall consider my efforts worth-while. For those who in their blinkered disposition refuse to distinguish facts from fiction and continue to follow the pied pipers of the 'spirit of liberation' fame, who have - to my mind and I hope many would agree with me - no better function other than leading the Muslim Nation of Bangladesh towards its national suicide, I can only pray for divine guidance.

A friend has helped me with source materials and other friends have joined him in encouraging me for a quick completion of the work. All of them have done so, I am sure, out of friendship and not for credit. The friend who helped me with source materials particularly wanted to remain anonymous. In deference to his wish, I refrain from naming him and other friends. However, saliently and sincerely I acknowledge their debt and pray for their continued well-being.

NOTES AND REFERENCES
    1. Zahir Raihan was a Marxist who was said to have been disillusioned while in Calcutta and did not believe that the 'intellectuals' found murdered in Dhaka on the eve of 16 December 1971- who included his elder brother Shahidullah Kaiser- could have been killed at the behest of the Pakistan Army as has been alleged. The rumour has it that he also had incriminatory photographs of questionable activities of the Awami League leaders in India. While gathering information about the killing he was kidnapped in Dhaka in broad day light and was never seen again. There is no doubt that he was killed by either those who were at risk of being exposed or those who did not like the truth behind the killing of the intellectuals to come out.
    2. For a cogent argument on this point cf. Syed Sajjad Husain, The Wastes of Time: Reflections on the Decline and Fall of East Pakistan, Notun Safar Prokashani, 44 Purana Paltan, Dhaka -1000, 1995: 265-84
    3. Jauhuri, Tirish Lakher Telesmat (The Riddle of Thirty Lakh), Asha Prokashan, 435 Elephant Road, Dhaka -1217,1994: 74

Dont bring India into this please.

ReputationRep:

NOTES AND REFERENCES

This post can explain why Aurangzeb (who names himself after a man who slaughtered Hindus) gets annoyed at Pakistan.

Deny everything, blame India.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    x
    fruitless attempt he possesses no logical thought to understand others views points or take into account that it was one OF MANY wars since ww2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    This post can explain why Aurangzeb (who names himself after a man who slaughtered Hindus) gets annoyed at Pakistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AGREED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daindian)
    Dont bring India into this please.
    why not we were all one a long time ago weren't we

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well if the respected Indian woman is truthfully blaming the Indian politics, they why cant i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padwas)
    fruitless attempt he possesses no logical thought to understand others views points or take into account that it was one OF MANY wars since ww2
    It wasn't really a war, it was genocide and oppression on many levels.

3 million people supposedly died. That's a lot of people. That's almost unparalleled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    It wasn't really a war, it was genocide and oppression on many levels.

3 million people supposedly died. That's a lot of people. That's almost unparalleled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    supposedly died plus this is from the view point of someone from Bangladesh ...

I'm just surprised this is the first i have heard of it …did you know about it ???

ReputationRep:
    well if the respected Indian woman is truthfully blaming the Indian politics, they why cant i?
    ????

India is fill of pseudo-secularists and charlatans who are more anglicised than the English. Indians are self loathing and Ms. Bose is not a bad example.

Sure you can criticise, there's nothing wrong with that, we do it ourselves.

But when you attempted to shift the blame of the rape and genocide to India (when India actually liberated people), that's when it got a little ridiculous.

Pakistan must learn to take responsibility and stop blaming India for things. If you turn on an Indian news station, you'll probably see one or two stories in the week to do with Pakistan.

The genocide was all to do with the Pakistani army who targeted intellectuals, Hindus and women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well if the respected Indian woman is truthfully blaming the Indian politics, gwhy cant i?
    Majority of the evidence points to Pakistani instigation. Furthermore my dad had first hand experience of the atrocities growing up in East Pakistan during the time. Your basing your view on one article.

This has nothing to do with what is currently going on in this thread, but don't you guys just love gulab jaman? Honestly, they are fab. My mum made them yesterday and they are delicious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolgirlaamy)
    This has nothing to do with what is currently going on in this thread, but don't you guys just love gulab jaman? Honestly, they are fab. My mum made them yesterday and they are delicious
    I like gulab jamun ice cream too yum

(Original post by daindian)
    I like gulab jamun ice cream too yum
    We didn't have any ice cream so I had to settle for a nice cup of tea to accompany my gulab jaman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    ????

India is fill of pseudo-secularists and charlatans who are more anglicised than the English. Indians are self loathing and Ms. Bose is not a bad example.

But when you attempted to shift the blame of the rape and genocide to India (when India actually liberated people), that's when it got a little ridiculous.

Pakistan must learn to take responsibility and stop blaming India for things. If you turn on an Indian news station, you'll probably see one or two stories in the week to do with Pakistan.

The genocide was all to do with the Pakistani army who targeted intellectuals, Hindus and women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    okay best to leave it at that as none of us were there so nobody has proof it did or didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    this has nothing to do with what is currently going on in this thread, but don't you guys just love gulab jaman? Honestly, they are fab. My mum made them yesterday and they are delicious
    yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes gulab jamun yes!!!

When you go to weddings and get the warm soft juicy gulab jamun in vanilla ice cream it's just... :coma:

Heaven :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Their are many things that Pakistan did, and i believe that the bangladeshi brothers werent given enough rights . But i do believe India exploited this forming Mukti bahni etc.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.