Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Sorry about that. It's pretty much bed time now Ill talk food tomorrow
    Me joking bruddah...I'm in such a weirdly abnormally strange mood tonight and I don't know why
    This describes my mood perfectly aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Aww Ornlu, seen as it's you that's asking, I'll spare him
    I never knew I had some kind of strange reputation that warranted any respect of this sort :blush: I think it's for the best, I wouldn't want you to get banned for murder now, would I?

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't meh

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum (stop it though, you're going to make me end up baking at this time )

(Original post by Aurangzeb)
    So your answer is...TRAINS.

WOW. I THINK YOU MAY HAVE JUST FOUND THE SOLUTION TO GLOBAL WARMING.

Good grief...:pierre:
    Technically, yes trains can help stop global warming, yes - due to their increased efficiency, and the ever increasing usage of trains

My answer was infrastructure, and what Britain gave that really really helped was the rail network infrastructure. I applied to work for Network Rail, so I had to do quite a bit of research on trains

Trains greatly helped Britain get to where it is. Think about it. More transport links, more people going to cities - Look at London - there's a train link between Euston and Kings cross! That's a 10 minute walk! Businesses want it, so we build more and more infrastructure

Trains help reduce congestion on the roads, allow people to work a bit better than in their car (due to driving) though in India, that's probably not the case

Because of the trains, people were able to go on holidays easily and cheaply, they greatly helped towards standardising time (across the world) Our time was quite literally standardised purely because you'd get to London and you'd be behind schedule, so again it was done for business purposes

They build links not only to different cities, but other countries ie: the Eurostar, HS2

I live in a pretty remote place, and train links here are pretty dire. If train links were a lot better, Id imagine there'd be more money coming in

Look at two cities, pretty much right next to each other in the north. Bradford and Leeds. Leeds has direct trains to London, Bradford doesn't. Bradford has around 2 platforms in Forster square, and Leeds has a lot more. Not as much as London Euston say, but definitely a lot more than say the Manchester stations. Theres a reason why Leeds is consistently going head to head with Edinburgh for being the largest finance,legal and business hub outside of London

Slightly off topic there

Also, that being said, I prefer to drive Though we do rely on trains pretty heavily to make economies around the world, run as they do, and there's no denying how important they really are.

ReputationRep:

Technically, yes trains can help stop global warming, yes - due to their increased efficiency, and the ever increasing usage of trains

My answer was infrastructure, and what Britain gave that really really helped was the rail network infrastructure. I applied to work for Network Rail, so I had to do quite a bit of research on trains
    Please, just go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Everybody is travelling through time it seems.. somebody severely broke TSR
    Ahah think I'm going to need to a little break
    I can deal with Inception (the movie) but this is a whole new level of mind boggling-ness and my poor brain can't take it

ReputationRep:
    I can deal with Inception (the movie) but this is a whole new level of mind boggling-ness and my poor brain can't take it
    My brain is on trains atm - given the above response

Im off to bed. Night

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I think I'm about to go to sleep soon.. so tired even though I've hardly done anything in this half term still.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I think I'm about to go to sleep soon.. so tired even though I've hardly done anything in this half term still.. :facepalm:
    Yeh go sleep give your fam some peace lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    I never knew I had some kind of strange reputation that warranted any respect of this sort :blush: I think it's for the best, I wouldn't want you to get banned for murder now, would I?
    Hmmm it's either that I respect you or that I have a tiny crush on you..you can decide which one you prefer
    Yep my words can be murderous :cool:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh btw I'm joking, I don't fancy you lol

ReputationRep:
    My brain is on trains atm - given the above response

Im off to bed. Night
    Night night... hope you have a nice sleep iA
    Oh and I ain't going anywhere I love mind-boggling things...

ReputationRep:
    [/s]x
    is that your eye?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm it's either that I respect you or that I have a tiny crush on you..you can decide which one you prefer

Spoiler:
    Show
    Went from crush to crushed in the space of 5 seconds :cry2:
    Oh well, life goes on :rolleyes:
    Not sure why I'm imagining text jumping out of the computer and the letters arranging themselves into the shape of a knife and it slashing away violently at some poor kid sat with his laptop on his legs :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Night night... hope you have a nice sleep iA
    Oh and I ain't going anywhere I love mind-boggling things...
    Night and have fun trying to work out all of this crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    is that your eye?
    Yep (say mashaaAllah)

ReputationRep:
    Night and have fun trying to work out all of this crap
    Horrible nightmares

ReputationRep:
    Stop flirting on the TSR...it is Haram

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daindian)
    Horrible nightmares
    Man stop it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    Went from crush to crushed in the space of 5 seconds :cry2:
    Oh well, life goes on :rolleyes:
    Not sure why I'm imagining text jumping out of the computer and the letters arranging themselves into the shape of a knife and it slashing away violently at some poor kid sat with his laptop on his legs :lolwut:
    Muhahah hmm is that me you're imagining...I'm not really a murderer
    And I actually like your avatar (looks like a fellow Pashtun) so maybe it can work out :rolleyes:
    • Welcome Squad

Man stop it lol
    no i think he should carry on

lol

ReputationRep:
    Man stop it lol
    Make sure you check your bed for monsters lol, don't want you running into your parents room crying lol

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.