The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Original post by de_monies
Yeah, I'd really like Imran Khan to win. He seems to be closer to Jinnah's message more than any other politician

[video="youtube_share;y2HqmZl1Eys"]http://youtu.be/y2HqmZl1Eys?t=10m10s[/video]

(Start at 10 minutes 10 seconds)

Jinnah studied for law in the UK. Imran Khan studied at Oxford University. These are the types of people you want leading Pakistan - not people with fake degrees

So true...He actually seems to understand Jinnah's vision...I honestly believe he's Pakistan's strongest hope right now. If our people fail to support him this time round ive honestly lost hope for them...we are our biggest enemy right now.
Original post by SkyS0h1
So true...He actually seems to understand Jinnah's vision...I honestly believe he's Pakistan's strongest hope right now. If our people fail to support him this time round ive honestly lost hope for them...we are our biggest enemy right now.

What we really desperately need is education. An educated workforce is a workforce that can push for massive change
Reply 1942
What we really desperately need is education. An educated workforce is a workforce that can push for massive change

Definately. With education comes a change of mindset which is how Iqbal and Jinnah made the change they did. Our mindset is the problem...still in the same war of words with India...still unable to understand our own mazhab and believing every extremist mullah or superstitious peer...still killing our own...the correct education would definately change that. The fact that our people arent educated is what has kept them shackled.They need oppertunities. Honestly though, long-term... until Pakistani's don't return to Islam as their focal point and focus on the brotherhood that made our nation in the first place we will remain people-pleasers and wannabes. We are so far from what Iqbaal saab envisioned.
Original post by Revent
I will when I have some more time! :smile:

hahhaha okay!!
Original post by hasan4life
u are younger then me, so u are da baby ok baby lulz
kk it's me that sells the tickets cos im da better looking one lulzy
we are best friends doofus lol

lol what?

Killing myself laughing over what you said last!! hahaha
studying and listening to Tupac is never a good idea!!

you just start rapping with him!! :redface:
Original post by student room sk

It's worse studying with Metal lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SkyS0h1
Definately. With education comes a change of mindset which is how Iqbal and Jinnah made the change they did. Our mindset is the problem...still in the same war of words with India...still unable to understand our own mazhab and believing every extremist mullah or superstitious peer...still killing our own...the correct education would definately change that. The fact that our people arent educated is what has kept them shackled.They need oppertunities. Honestly though, long-term... until Pakistani's don't return to Islam as their focal point and focus on the brotherhood that made our nation in the first place we will remain people-pleasers and wannabes. We are so far from what Iqbaal saab envisioned.

Hmm tbf, if Pakistan and India stopped fighting over Kashmir, I reckon that we'd both be the better off for it. I have Indian friends, and really it's not the people. It's the people in power that are the problem

It's like when I was reading about this guy, and I was positively raging at the ulema!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal_of_Saudi_Arabia

They said "He also introduced pension and social insurance programs for workers despite objections from some of the ulema"
The first freaking welfare systems came from that part of the globe, and the ulema think that's un-Islamic?

Tbf, as long as people return to "normal" Islam, and not some extreme version and every one's happy. I heard someone saying that Tahir Ul Qadri can't be a Muslim, because he cut a Christmas cake. So freaking what?

And tbf, I think you need to people please, to an extent, but I think that often politicians are "pleasing" the elites, and not the people. The PPP is a joke as well. Pakistani people's party. As if!

That image just looks... weird lol

Original post by Pendulum3

Or erm... Taylor Swift :colondollar: (I only say that because we were singing to her for quite some time .... :tongue: )

Singing to drive by as well!
Hello people, thought i'd say drop in and say Hi... so yeah

Hi everyone, How's life? Chillin...

If anyone's bored then watch Dhoombros. mmmmhhhmmmm :smile:
Original post by ..Bakhtawar..
Hello people, thought i'd say drop in and say Hi... so yeah

Hi everyone, How's life? Chillin...

If anyone's bored then watch Dhoombros. mmmmhhhmmmm :smile:

Hello! I was OK, but then I went on rant mode lool (I wrote 1054 words to my insurer) Doing some CV's and whatnot. Dhoombros what channel? Oh I forget, that wouldn't matter cos I have no Sky/cable here :tongue:

If you're also bored, and want to know who to avoid if you guys get car insurance, then have a read of that :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/HastingsDirect/posts/10151472570914340

EDIT: BUt don't let my rant stop you from having a good time :smile: Oh and nice to see you Bakhtawar, after quite some time :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pendulum3

I would never listen to metal!!
I dont even understand what they say!! LOL x
Hmm tbf, if Pakistan and India stopped fighting over Kashmir, I reckon that we'd both be the better off for it. I have Indian friends, and really it's not the people. It's the people in power that are the problem

It's like when I was reading about this guy, and I was positively raging at the ulema!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal_of_Saudi_Arabia

They said "He also introduced pension and social insurance programs for workers despite objections from some of the ulema"
The first freaking welfare systems came from that part of the globe, and the ulema think that's un-Islamic?

Tbf, as long as people return to "normal" Islam, and not some extreme version and every one's happy. I heard someone saying that Tahir Ul Qadri can't be a Muslim, because he cut a Christmas cake. So freaking what?

And tbf, I think you need to people please, to an extent, but I think that often politicians are "pleasing" the elites, and not the people. The PPP is a joke as well. Pakistani people's party. As if!

That image just looks... weird lol

Or erm... Taylor Swift :colondollar: (I only say that because we were singing to her for quite some time .... :tongue: )

Singing to drive by as well!

image??
image??

Well you don't have your image up, but the image of whoever is in your avatar, and imagining them rapping
Well you don't have your image up, but the image of whoever is in your avatar, and imagining them rapping

hahahaah thats me in the avatar!

hahahahah!! LOL

hahahaah thats me in the avatar!

hahahahah!! LOL

Well, this is awkward....lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sufistic
Well, this is awkward....lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think i could agree anymore!!

hahahah

btw thats not nina dobrev thats me!!!

If you look at that pic theres a small wee box in the corner and thats my friend whilst we were facetiming!! if your talking about my actual profile thingymabob and YWARtist that was the last picture I had up!!

nina dobrev is beautiful I wish I was her x
I feel so privellaged getting told I look like NINA DOBREV!! this day couldnt get any better!!
btw thats not nina dobrev thats me!!!

If you look at that pic theres a small wee box in the corner and thats my friend whilst we were facetiming!! if your talking about my actual profile thingymabob and YWARtist that was the last picture I had up!!

nina dobrev is beautiful I wish I was her x

loool. Only reason I say that is cos I stalked your profile and saw this:

I'd have no clue who she was otherwise

Tbf, your avatar is soo hard to see, so unless you had photos on your profile, no one would really know I reckon

Latest

Trending

Trending