Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

You win £80,000 What car would you buy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nissan Skyline GT, would be immense. Or a Nissan 350 z customised both. Save the rest - i ent no fool lol!

ReputationRep:
    Just an Audi A3. Nothing fancy.

(Original post by Nice.Guy)
    have a look at the TTRS you may want a tissue ready or something
    oh my spaghetti :coma:

ReputationRep:
    If I had to buy a car with it, and wouldn't be able to keep any change, I'd get a 1960s Ferrari 250 of some variety. I'd only get a battered one for that price, and I'd never drive it anywhere, but if I was going to spend that much on a car it wouldn't be on a normal car.

It'd also be nice to make it a restoration project, but in reality I'd be terrified of touching it and would have to pay someone else to do it.

ReputationRep:
    350Z would be nice.

I like the look of the new Toyota 86. Not that its close to 80k. Jaguar XK? I'm not a fan of Jags but the new-ish XKs look so much like Austin Martins.

For that matter, you might be able to get one of them for that kind of money... Certainly a decent one second hand?

ReputationRep:
    BMW Z8.. or something else that isn't going to halve in value as soon as you purchase it.

ReputationRep:
    Honda S2000 without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    CLS 63 amg

ReputationRep:
    i would buy a camper ( truck car with three beds and a kitchen inside ) for 20 000 and then spend the rest of the money on a very long road trip with friends.....

ReputationRep:
    Range rover!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One year old V8 Vantage. Assuming I could get insurance for it (which I almost certainly couldn't) of course.

ReputationRep:
    Nissan 350z (loved it ever since need for speed underground 2 lol) or Mini country man.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for a brand new Jag XKR Coupe. 'cos I'm an old man trying to be young even before I got old.

(It's so pretty)

ReputationRep:
    If i had to spend all of it on the car and not allowed to sell the car/keep any change then i'd get a nice new M5, Would leave me 6 grand or so buy a few upgrades on it as well.

If i could keep the rest i would buy a fairly simple car like a 5 yr old Skoda diesel(bulletproof cars) and spend the other 77k on half a house. Or if i had to spend it then on about 10 motorbikes and a small garage to keep them in.

ReputationRep:
    A Jaguar XF :sexface:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Ideally the Subaru BRZ but as they are always out of stock the Toyota GT86 would do (same car anyway).
    I'd use the other £50,000 to buy 2000 gallons of lube so my insurers could get ready...

ReputationRep:
    Ford mustang GT, hands down the most fun car I have ever driven. Would even have enough to buy 2.

ReputationRep:
    If I did actually win 80k I wouldn't spend much of it on a car. I would pay off my uni debt or put a house deposit down with it. However if I was actually gonna buy a car I would probably buy an Aston Martin V8 vantage. You can get a decent one for 40k and then I would still have some change left over to spend on karting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    CLS 63 amg
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    A Jaguar XF :sexface:

:coma:
    I do love the XF, especially the 'new' one, where they re did the lights.

If i was to get a Jag y i'd prefer the XJ, the interior is lush!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.