Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

You win £80,000 What car would you buy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Nissan Skyline GT, would be immense. Or a Nissan 350 z customised both. Save the rest - i ent no fool lol!

ReputationRep:
    Just an Audi A3. Nothing fancy.

(Original post by Nice.Guy)
    have a look at the TTRS you may want a tissue ready or something
    oh my spaghetti :coma:

ReputationRep:
    If I had to buy a car with it, and wouldn't be able to keep any change, I'd get a 1960s Ferrari 250 of some variety. I'd only get a battered one for that price, and I'd never drive it anywhere, but if I was going to spend that much on a car it wouldn't be on a normal car.

It'd also be nice to make it a restoration project, but in reality I'd be terrified of touching it and would have to pay someone else to do it.

ReputationRep:
    350Z would be nice.

I like the look of the new Toyota 86. Not that its close to 80k. Jaguar XK? I'm not a fan of Jags but the new-ish XKs look so much like Austin Martins.

For that matter, you might be able to get one of them for that kind of money... Certainly a decent one second hand?

ReputationRep:
    BMW Z8.. or something else that isn't going to halve in value as soon as you purchase it.

ReputationRep:
    Honda S2000 without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    CLS 63 amg

ReputationRep:
    i would buy a camper ( truck car with three beds and a kitchen inside ) for 20 000 and then spend the rest of the money on a very long road trip with friends.....

ReputationRep:
    Range rover!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One year old V8 Vantage. Assuming I could get insurance for it (which I almost certainly couldn't) of course.

ReputationRep:
    Nissan 350z (loved it ever since need for speed underground 2 lol) or Mini country man.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for a brand new Jag XKR Coupe. 'cos I'm an old man trying to be young even before I got old.

(It's so pretty)

ReputationRep:
    If i had to spend all of it on the car and not allowed to sell the car/keep any change then i'd get a nice new M5, Would leave me 6 grand or so buy a few upgrades on it as well.

If i could keep the rest i would buy a fairly simple car like a 5 yr old Skoda diesel(bulletproof cars) and spend the other 77k on half a house. Or if i had to spend it then on about 10 motorbikes and a small garage to keep them in.

ReputationRep:
    A Jaguar XF :sexface:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Ideally the Subaru BRZ but as they are always out of stock the Toyota GT86 would do (same car anyway).
    I'd use the other £50,000 to buy 2000 gallons of lube so my insurers could get ready...

ReputationRep:
    Ford mustang GT, hands down the most fun car I have ever driven. Would even have enough to buy 2.

ReputationRep:
    If I did actually win 80k I wouldn't spend much of it on a car. I would pay off my uni debt or put a house deposit down with it. However if I was actually gonna buy a car I would probably buy an Aston Martin V8 vantage. You can get a decent one for 40k and then I would still have some change left over to spend on karting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    CLS 63 amg
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    A Jaguar XF :sexface:

:coma:
    I do love the XF, especially the 'new' one, where they re did the lights.

If i was to get a Jag y i'd prefer the XJ, the interior is lush!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 2, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.