Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So, I have to pick my modules very soon (the 11th).

I've pretty much already decided that I don't want to be a solicitor or barrister. Should I bother picking the optional modules I'll need to qualify? Is there any advantage to qualifying if you don't actually want to go into law?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cania)
    So, I have to pick my modules very soon (the 11th).

I've pretty much already decided that I don't want to be a solicitor or barrister. Should I bother picking the optional modules I'll need to qualify? Is there any advantage to qualifying if you don't actually want to go into law?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    The only advantage is the women's prerogative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cania)
    Do you mean modules to make your degree a qualifying law degree?

I can't see any real advantage to taking them just to get a QLD if you have no intention of using it afterwards, in which case I'd be inclined to pick modules based on whether they'd be interesting to you and/or useful in the future.

But if there's any chance you might change your mind and decide you want a legal career then having a QLD will save you a lot of money and effort not having to take the GDL to convert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambilicious)
    Do you mean modules to make your degree a qualifying law degree?

I can't see any real advantage to taking them just to get a QLD if you have no intention of using it afterwards, in which case I'd be inclined to pick modules based on whether they'd be interesting to you and/or useful in the future.

But if there's any chance you might change your mind and decide you want a legal career then having a QLD will save you a lot of money and effort not having to take the GDL to convert.

Ah, yes, that was what I meant. I wasn't very clear, sorry

Tough call. I suppose I have until the weekend to think about it a bit. Thanks for the replies, reps for both of you!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.