Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redolent)
    Yeah whatever. Sounds to me like you can't take a joke. These bands don't hate white people, end of.

The statistics are right there. The poorest 50% in the UK pay 11% of the income tax burden but have just 7% of the wealth. That's a fact.
    But 50% of the population only generate 11%. About the same time as your bbc article was published somebody else used those graphics on another news article which I'll try and dig out. It also pointed out that 70% of the population took out more of the welfare system than they put in. So before you start pointing fingers at the rich just rember how much more they contribute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    But 50% of the population only generate 11%. About the same time as your bbc article was published somebody else used those graphics on another news article which I'll try and dig out. It also pointed out that 70% of the population took out more of the welfare system than they put in. So before you start pointing fingers at the rich just rember how much more they contribute.
    Having more wealth is not the same as generating more wealth.

ReputationRep:
    Having more wealth is not the same as generating more wealth.

Youve lost me on that one.

ReputationRep:
    Youve lost me on that one.
    Well it's pretty obvious.

ReputationRep:
    If it goes against the company's code of conduct then they have the right to fire them.

I'm seeing white people make jokes about white people, in the same way black people often make jokes about black people. That's called self-depracating humour and most people who aren't completely uptight do it from time to time. If a load of black guys want to make jokes about white guys then they can expect the opposite in return, but that's not what's happening here.

Also, need I remind you that the west contains more than 500 million people. You are cherry picking a few extreme incidents to justify your unwarranted sense of oppression. The reality is white people are still better off in modern society than the other races, so for some people that's a sensitive issue. Others go over the top and get offended too quickly. Some people like you harp on about how the whites are suffering a genocide! I mean I've seen fair concerns about the overbearing nature of political correctness but that's just ridiculous.
    But there is a clear double standard. You would get bands singing "kill all the white man" but not "kill all the black man". Why the double standard?

Also everyone knows that people only get fired for jokes that offend women, ethnic minorities, gays people etc. No one gets fired or offending men, white people or straight people purely along the lines of categorisation alone. Why the double standard?

What about racism? The idea is only applied to white people. Have you seen it applied often to ethnic minorities in the official media. There was that politicians spokesman who even said that a black man can't be racist because racism is prejudice plus power.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    MatureStudent, I'll stop pointing fingers at the rich when they stop avoiding taxes, or relying on the tax payer to bail out their failed investments, and then expecting hundreds of thousands of doctors, nurses, teachers et al to lose their jobs or accept pay freezes, at the same time demonising those who dare to claim benefits at the disgustingly low level at which they're set, whilst their own wealth increases beyond inflation and far beyond need... There's something wrong in a society that wont accept a family being supported by benefits but will accept that the people who got the country in the state that it's in should get a 5% tax cut from April 1st... However, that probably belongs on a different thread; this one should be focussing on properly scrutinising UKIP 'policy' and tearing it to shreds...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtyne)
    But there is a clear double standard. You would get bands singing "kill all the white man" but not "kill all the black man". Why the double standard?

Also everyone knows that people only get fired for jokes that offend women, ethnic minorities, gays people etc. No one gets fired or offending men, white people or straight people purely along the lines of categorisation alone. Why the double standard?

What about racism? The idea is only applied to white people. Have you seen it applied often to ethnic minorities in the official media. There was that politicians spokesman who even said that a black man can't be racist because racism is prejudice plus power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What percentage of bands with all white members make joke songs about killing white people? And how many all black bands do you know?

And yes we all know that there are double standards when it comes to political correctness, but saying they're the result of systematic genocide against white people by Jewish conspirators (and let's cut to the chase, you do think so) is so unbelievably moronic that I'm surprised people who think it even think they have a place in mainstream British society/culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    Dirty, lying scum like most but taken to extreme. They seem to have one key selling point "but we're not racist". Fair enough I don't think they necessarily are racist, bigoted or xenophobic, I doubt they could give less of a ****, but a high proportion of their target audience most certainly are and they are more than happy to pander to them in their quest for politcal influence.

Scared of immigrants? Vote Ukip.

Insecure about the financial crisis? Vote Ukip.

Hate the smoking ban, HS2, Brussels, travellers, burqas, regulation, tax, Boris, debt, wind farms, quangos, foreign aid, crime, Abu Qatada, tuition fees, lazy people, Muslims, foreigners, the hunting ban? Vote Ukip.

In return for buying into their fear mongering we can expect:
    More workfare/slave labour
    Tax cuts for the rich
    An erosion of human rights
    And bizzarely for a supposedly libertarian anti-war party a massive increase in military expenditure.
    You like to throw the word racist about.

But let me ask you: what is so wrong if the people of a country don't want much immigration because they don't want to make sure that their own people are in the majority? Why do you feel that this is morally wrong. Without throwing around words like xenophobic or racist etc. why is this wrong and what is the issue with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtyne)
    You like to throw the word racist about.

But let me ask you: what is so wrong if the people of a country don't want much immigration because they don't want to make sure that their own people are in the majority? Why do you feel that this is morally wrong. Without throwing around words like xenophobic or racist etc. why is this wrong and what is the issue with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because everyone with half a brain cell knows you should judge a man by his qualities as an individual, not by his ancestry.

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone with half a brain cell knows you should judge a man by his qualities as an individual, not by his ancestry.
    I have more than half a brain cell. So what is wrong with ensuring your own people are looked after and you attempt to protect your cultural identity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphful)
    MatureStudent, I'll stop pointing fingers at the rich when they stop avoiding taxes, or relying on the tax payer to bail out their failed investments, and then expecting hundreds of thousands of doctors, nurses, teachers et al to lose their jobs or accept pay freezes, at the same time demonising those who dare to claim benefits at the disgustingly low level at which they're set, whilst their own wealth increases beyond inflation and far beyond need... There's something wrong in a society that wont accept a family being supported by benefits but will accept that the people who got the country in the state that it's in should get a 5% tax cut from April 1st... However, that probably belongs on a different thread; this one should be focussing on properly scrutinising UKIP 'policy' and tearing it to shreds...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But they do pay their taxes. And I get your point about tax payers bailing them out, but you seem to forget its the tax money that the evil rich people pay, and wealth they generate that allows us to pay for doctors and nurses and teachers.
    incidentally, where are hundreds of thousands of them loosing their jobs?
    Your 5% tax cut is still 5% more than they were paying under labour who raised it from 40% to 50% knowing that the current government would cut it. Taxing the wealthy heavily has never worked.. Economic history has proven time and time again that its boosts the economy and creates jobs. You just need to look at the mess France got into by deciding to tax the rich too heavily.

youll probably change your tune about benefits once you start working as the bigger the benefits get the more you'll be paying fir it yourself

ReputationRep:
    I have more than half a brain cell. So what is wrong with ensuring your own people are looked after and you attempt to protect your cultural identity?
    It disregards the importance of the individual in favour of a vague and elusive concept of "the people" or "the culture", which is nobody is quite able to define.

At least the communists were smart enough to include everyone when they talked about the good of the people.

ReputationRep:
    But they do pay their taxes. And I get your point about tax payers bailing them out, but you seem to forget its the tax money that the evil rich people pay, and wealth they generate that allows us to pay for doctors and nurses and teachers.
    Your 5% tax cut is still 5% more than they were paying under labour who raised it knowing that the current government would cut it. Taxing the wealthy heavily has never worked.. Economic history has proven time and time again that its boosts the economy and creates jobs. You just need to look at the mess France got into by deciding to tax the rich too heavily.

youll probably change your tube about benefits once you start working as the bigger they are the more you'll be paying fir it yourself
    I've been working since I was 18? 2 years as a Police Community Support Officer, 3 years working in two busy Emergency Departments as Emergency Assistants and currently work on a mental health unit... So I think I've had plenty of time to get in to the swing of paying for it myself, but feel free to continue to patronise me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a irrational populist party with no concept of using evidence based policies just policies that right wing newspapers seem to love

ReputationRep:
    Your 5% tax cut is still 5% more than they were paying under labour who raised it from 40% to 50% knowing that the current government would cut it. Taxing the wealthy heavily has never worked.. Economic history has proven time and time again that its boosts the economy and creates jobs. You just need to look at the mess France got into by deciding to tax the rich too heavily.

youll probably change your tune about benefits once you start working as the bigger the benefits get the more you'll be paying fir it yourself
    So under that mentality, I should not differentiate between my family and everyone else. Anyone should be let into my house and be able to stay over if they are in need because they are "the people" and I might have syringes scattered all over my living room but its for the good of "the people". A family is to a house what a country's people is to the country surely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Publicly homophobic and racist. The last thing we need is an even more right wing Government, especially one that wants to destroy the bulk of Britain's trade and drive away business.
    We need a party that isn't going to cater to the current demonisation of people claiming benefits or attack immigrants. A party which can sort out tax evasion instead would be nice, considering it costs a hundred times more than benefit cheats and is rife throughout our latest corrupt Governments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    And how many MEPs have UKIP had elected in the last 7 years or so, how many votes did they recieve in the last elections? Yeah, a lot more than the Greens.
    And where's it got them? Nowhere - the only body UKIP can get elected to, ironically enough, is the one that is, by their own admission, virtually powerless (as the European Commissioners, rather than the MEPs, make EU law).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TicketyBox)
    Publicly homophobic and racist. The last thing we need is an even more right wing Government, especially one that wants to destroy the bulk of Britain's trade and drive away business.
    We need a party that isn't going to cater to the current demonisation of people claiming benefits or attack immigrants. A party which can sort out tax evasion instead would be nice, considering it costs a hundred times more than benefit cheats and is rife throughout our latest corrupt Governments.
    You sound like you live in a fantasy world where immigration is always good, homosexuality values need to be instilled and those value creating (I.e. the rich) are evil people who need to be punished with taxes, the noble poor people need to be helped and this help will elevate them not encourage more poverty, and a functioning society does not really matter as long as you have the right dogmas which are equality and the tolerance of everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtyne)
    So under that mentality, I should not differentiate between my family and everyone else. Anyone should be let into my house and be able to stay over if they are in need because they are "the people" and I might have syringes scattered all over my living room but its for the good of "the people". A family is to a house what a country's people is to the country surely.
    I assume this was directed at me.

You have clearly completely missed my point. It is you that is placing the undefined "people" over the value of the individual by asserting that the "indigenous people" should have their own country and other ethnicities should not be welcome. This is wrong because ideas of what "the people" want are prone to developing tyranny of the majority which is dangerous to groups who do not conform to your narrow conception of what it is to be British.

I would rather have a pint with a good hearted Indian bloke than with a disingenuous white supremacist like yourself. So would everyone in my family. And so would the vast majority of the white British population, evidently, or your opinion would be the mainstream! So even by your own standards, your favouritism of white people is unjustified. Given the choice between living by someone I like and someone I dislike, I will choose the person I like, and that person's skin colour is irrelevant to me because I am not a primitive ape.

ReputationRep:
    It's truly astonishing, the number of ignorant people who think they know about politics on these threads, the vast majority of whom tend to be the left (no surprises there!).

People need to understand the difference between liberal and libertarian, as I have read lots of bigoted views here saying that UKIP can't claim to be libertarian because they are right wing. That is total nonsense, thatcherism is firmly rooted in libertarianism, it is the belief in the primacy of the individual, freedom and atomism, hence why Thatcher famously said "there is no such thing as society". Indeed, libertarianism supports private property ownership and unquestionable individual sovereignty. Whereas, liberalism implies equality of opportunity and positive/negative freedom.

UKIP are not racist, they are conservative nationalists who would question the concept of multiculturalism. There is a difference!

I find it truly shocking that people can still be in favour of the EU, even despite the pro-left media and Politically correct society developed by New Labour. The EU is a wholly corrupt institution, run by unelected bureaucrats whose aim is to destroy democracy in Europe and breakdown the idea of the nation-state. We saw this as the EU imposed unelected technocratic governments in Greece and Italy. Supranational organisations are a threat to our sovereignty and it is impossible for countries with totally different personalities and traditions to work together in a political and economic union, hence the economic crisis in which we currently find ourselves. Why should the laws that govern me be created in a city hundreds of miles away, by people I haven't elected who earn more money annually than the PM? Let us leave the EU, create our own laws, focus trade on countries with growing economies like the BRIC nations and re-establish our democracy.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.