Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Am I too innocent for Reading festival? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prune.)
    yeah I think going with a good group is a big part. at the moment only me and one other have enough to buy a ticket so I'm not sure how big my groups even going to be and the other girl is worse than me in the inexperience field. I mean I know how to handle myself when I'm drunk, I'm just intimidated by other, possibly aggressive people.
    I'm only a little person!
    You'll definitely not feel intimidated by anyone! Not sure how old you are but everyone there is 15-20 years old and just there to have a good time not start trouble! Plus there's always a security presence around so you'll always be safe

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to stay there for several days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prune.)
    I'm quite a shy quiet person until you get some alcohol in me and due to this I've only really started going out in big groups and getting hammered since the new year even though i have been 18 since September. I'm worried I'm too inexperienced for the atmosphere at Reading as pretty much all of my friends that have gone were high pretty much all the time. Drugs arnt really my scene, and i find it a little intimidating.

I want to go for the music and the good times with my friends but I'm worried I'm going to get freaked out and I don't want to spend £200 on something I'm going to find miserable; so whats other peoples experiences? and any tips for me?
    I'm going to Leeds this year. Its going to be mega!! Anyone who says it's **** or boring obviously either haven't been or don't know what fun is. Yeah there will be a lot of alochol, but if you're with your friends then I doubt drugs will be a problem...

ReputationRep:
    It's fine. You have to watch out for yourself and your friends a little more than usual, just because there are so many strangers around, but it's not dangerous at all. I've met lots of friendly people at big festivals. I don't do any drugs, I just drink, and I've been to Reading twice and enjoyed it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go! There's a lot of ridiculously drunk groups in the evenings, but during the day, people are generally fairly sober.

And to be honest, although it seems your friends are all high, the majority of the people I met while I was there hadn't been anywhere near drugs. Although there is a bit of a smell of weed in some areas of the camps during the evenings.

Everyone there is there for the music. I spent most of the time relatively sober and didn't go near drugs and still had an awesome time. Although, just a little tip if you do go, use the loos at Tesco and in the arena while you're there, even if the queues are horrific, because the camp toilet blocks are absolutely disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffindor)
    As long as you go with a good group of friends you'll have a great time whether you drink or not. I went last year and had the most amazing weekend ever so would definitely recommend it!
    Agreed. No one should be pressured to do anything they don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've bought my ticket now so there's no looking back now! thanks for the all round positive response

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.