Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

My Feet are arched, why? Watch

• View Poll Results: Your feet
    are normal, they are meant to be arched
    100.00%
    are abnormal, they should be flatted
    0%

ReputationRep:
    My 2 feet are both arched in the middle, why and what is the reason for this, also, is it normal?

I'd say the arch is about an inch, maybe slightly more in height

ReputationRep:
    You've got foot cancer. Better go to the Doctors immediately or you'll lose them.

Just kidding, that's how they should be.

ReputationRep:
    Feet are supposed to be arched.

ReputationRep:
    My mum has flat feet - she finds it so uncomfortable to wear normal shoes since they're made for arched feet

ReputationRep:
    People with high arched feet are naturally fast runners. Flat footed people are slower runners. It's a good thing! I am medium arched but wish my feet were arched a little higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Their normal, only babies are meant to have flat feet.

ReputationRep:
    DUDE YOURE LUCKY! You're normal too... ignore the idiot who mentioned 'foot cancer' , grow up? It's nothing to joke about, silly person.
    But yeah normal feet (Y) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billy the kidz)
    My 2 feet are both arched in the middle, why and what is the reason for this, also, is it normal?

I'd say the arch is about an inch, maybe slightly more in height
    I'm flat foot and my ankles roll in terribly to the point were my legs are no longer aligned straight and my knees/hips hurt so much. Anyone else or just me ? :'(

ReputationRep:
    If you have flat feet, then usually you should get an arch support thing for your shoes, to give you the arch. Or something like that. So yes, arched feet are very normal...

(Original post by YB101)
    I'm flat foot and my ankles roll in terribly to the point were my legs are no longer aligned straight and my knees/hips hurt so much. Anyone else or just me ? :'(
    If flat feet are giving you problems, go to the doctor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katehlouise)
    If you have flat feet, then usually you should get an arch support thing for your shoes, to give you the arch. Or something like that. So yes, arched feet are very normal...

If flat feet are giving you problems, go to the doctor...
    I've been and they've refereed me to the muscloskeletal department. I've had insoles made and given workouts to do. the insoles ruin all my shoes and don't seem to be doing anything, if anything they are more uncomfortable and hurt more and these exercises are impossible to do because they cause me so much pain! My bones are starting to bend and my shins are getting really painful. lost all hope now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    I've been and they've refereed me to the muscloskeletal department. I've had insoles made and given workouts to do. the insoles ruin all my shoes and don't seem to be doing anything, if anything they are more uncomfortable and hurt more and these exercises are impossible to do because they cause me so much pain! My bones are starting to bend and my shins are getting really painful. lost all hope now
    They will be uncomfortable because you are basically reshaping your foot... Stick with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    Out of curiosity, have you considered going to a podiatrist?
    EDIT: Maybe look for answers on the foot health forum. I find that they are quite helpful.

ReputationRep:
    They will be uncomfortable because you are basically reshaping your foot... Stick with it!
    But insoles are meant to relieve pain, not create it or exacerbate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomPeopleDancin)
    But insoles are meant to relieve pain, not create it or exacerbate it.
    Yeah but if you're having an arch corrected, your foot is going to be in a different position with one of those arch things in your shoe isn't it... I can't imagine that will be a comfortable process. Shouldn't be excruciating pain, obviously. The user up there needs to go back to their doctor... XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if you're having an arch corrected, your foot is going to be in a different position with one of those arch things in your shoe isn't it... I can't imagine that will be a comfortable process. Shouldn't be excruciating pain, obviously. The user up there needs to go back to their doctor... XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know Thats what I was trying to say. I reckon if the doctor can't help, go to a podiatrist as sometimes doctors are not as good. But the pain shouldn't be getting worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    I'm the same :/ my ankles and hips click constantly and I can't walk nearly as far as my friends can without being in agony...

My friend has flat feet much worse than me and was given some of the insoles you're talking about, she said they were quite painful to begin with but eventually they did start to help She hated them though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    Did you wear the insoles gradually building up the time spent wearing them? we suggest wearing them for an hour or so the first day, 2 the second and so forth, as it does take time to get used to them. Do not give up. Go to a podiatrist and get a full biomechanical assessment.They can manufacture insoles that may make a huge difference. They should give you a review appt to check how you're getting on with your insoles. Unfortunately it can be a case of trial and error but a bit of relief is better than nothing at least.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.