Turn on thread page Beta

Glory Glory Man United - MY ARSE watch

ReputationRep:
    Well what can I say. The Man Utd era is well and truly over. Oh dear getting pasted to a very average team like Man City says it all. Up the Gooners

ReputationRep:
    Write-off United at your peril.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malledo)
    Well what can I say. The Man Utd era is well and truly over. Oh dear getting pasted to a very average team like Man City says it all. Up the Gooners
    As an Arsenal supporter i still feel quite sorry for Man United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    As an Arsenal supporter i still feel quite sorry for Man United.
    As an Arsenal supporter i don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    well said

ReputationRep:
    you can not judg them all on one game they may be on a short wave of bad skills unlikly but i have to stick up for the team

ReputationRep:
    Go City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The original song was Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur, but how many people actually know that?

ReputationRep:
    So not even winning the league yet one year, when man u's defence has had lots of injuries, and Ferdinand was unjustly banned for 8 months, with referees time and again screwing man u out of results, and siding with arsenal, means a new era in football?
    Think again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    and Ferdinand was unjustly banned for 8 months, !
    He missed a drugs test (for whatever reason). The ban was just.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    He missed a drugs test (for whatever reason). The ban was just.
    Firstly, there was no wait while all evidence was collected. For example, the hair analysis that the results of should be completed soon, which could prove that there was no drug taking.
    Secondly, it is agreed by all taking objective opinions, that 8 months was an excessive ban, and not in line with the actual offence committed, relatively minor which it was.
    Thirdly, comparable punishments for equal or worser offenses, as proof of this, were conciderably milder.
    The Man City player commited the same offence, but was not banned at all, unless my memory serves me incorrectly, and even positive drugs tests have recieved alot lower punishments, of 3 to 4 months.
    This seems to have been done for two reasons.
    Firstly, the FA's grudge against Man U, and secondly, their want to suck up to Fifa and Seb Blatter.

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, any Man United fans depressed about the side's current loss of form should think aboout ringing 0800 101010. Its a freephone advice and counselling line by United fans, for United fans.

So remember that number: 0800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing

ReputationRep:
    So not even winning the league yet one year, when man u's defence has had lots of injuries, and Ferdinand was unjustly banned for 8 months, with referees time and again screwing man u out of results, and siding with arsenal, means a new era in football?
    Think again!
    well arsenal threw it away last year - they won it the year before that. Man u have been awful this year. their defence is **** and the point now with the FA is why didnt ferdinand turn up - not whether he has taken drugs- and that hair folicle business is a load of ********

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, there was no wait while all evidence was collected. For example, the hair analysis that the results of should be completed soon, which could prove that there was no drug taking.
    Secondly, it is agreed by all taking objective opinions, that 8 months was an excessive ban, and not in line with the actual offence committed, relatively minor which it was.
    Thirdly, comparable punishments for equal or worser offenses, as proof of this, were conciderably milder.
    The Man City player commited the same offence, but was not banned at all, unless my memory serves me incorrectly, and even positive drugs tests have recieved alot lower punishments, of 3 to 4 months.
    This seems to have been done for two reasons.
    Firstly, the FA's grudge against Man U, and secondly, their want to suck up to Fifa and Seb Blatter.
    1.) He was found guilty of missing a test, not testing positive, so the hair sample is irrelevent.

2.) If strict liability was employed to the letter of the law he would have got a 2-year ban.

2a.) The Man City player left the ground WITH CONSENT of testers and club, to collect a relative from the airport. He missed the test because of a motorway accident on the way back. Hardly comparable.

In a way I agree that 8 months seems harsh, but IMHO the rules are pretty clear, and he broke them.

ReputationRep:
    well arsenal threw it away last year - they won it the year before that. Man u have been awful this year. their defence is **** and the point now with the FA is why didnt ferdinand turn up - not whether he has taken drugs- and that hair folicle business is a load of ********
    So Man U's brilliant performance at the end of last year had nothing to do with it???
    No, the point is that they put not turning up as akin to taking drugs.
    If Ferdinand can prove that he had not taken any drugs, then there should really be no issue, and as in the Man City case, he should have been given a fine, and it left at that.
    And the 8 month ban is concidered by pretty much everyone to have been over the top.
    A three month ban, i think, would have been accepted by everyone, and then Man U could have got on with playing football.
    But, because the FA wanted to suck up to Fifa, they seemed to disregard fairness to Ferdinand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Incidentally, any Man United fans depressed about the side's current loss of form should think aboout ringing 0800 101010. Its a freephone advice and counselling line by United fans, for United fans.

So remember that number: 0800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing

Or is that one nil, as in how Man U are going to beat Arsenal in the FA cup (or should that be five nil )?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    aS aN aRSENAL sUPPORTER i mUST aGREE wITH yOU = mAN uTD sUCK aND fERGUSON iS a pRAT!!! c'MON yOU gUNNERS!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    aS aN aRSENAL sUPPORTER i mUST aGREE wITH yOU = mAN uTD sUCK aND fERGUSON iS a pRAT!!!
    Wow!!! An arsenal fan who almost uses capital letters correctly!!!
    Sorry, thats rather a pointless remark.
    But why is it though that Arsenal fan's have to resort to name calling, rather than the real issues in football?
    I've got this theory that people who support arsenal, in general, know nothing aobut football, but thats just an opinion.
    Out of interest though (and this isn't an attack on arsenal fans), why are arsenal fans, and i would probably say all arsenal fans, so over the top arrogant about their team?
    I haven't seen this culture with any other team's supporters.

ReputationRep:
    Wow!!! An arsenal fan who almost uses capital letters correctly!!!
    Sorry, thats rather a pointless remark.
    But why is it though that Arsenal fan's have to resort to name calling, rather than the real issues in football?
    I've got this theory that people who support arsenal, in general, know nothing aobut football, but thats just an opinion.
    Out of interest though (and this isn't an attack on arsenal fans), why are arsenal fans, and i would probably say all arsenal fans, so over the top arrogant about their team?
    I haven't seen this culture with any other team's supporters.
    parce que Henry a l'air d'un homme tres sophistiqué donc notre comportement se refleche notre vedette

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    parce que Henry a l'air d'un homme tres sophistiqué donc notre comportement se refleche notre vedette
    [FONT=Sarcastic]Hmm... a real sign of intellect.
    Copying the behaviour of a frenchman.[FONT]

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.