Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know if Glasgow Caledonian university offer a transfer after the first year of university to the university of strathclyde for engineering students?

    I'm sure they'd let you transfer but I read a while ago when I wanted to do it from Cali that you need to have the same entry requirements in highers etc to get into the other university. So for example if you got 3 As and 2 Bs at higher and then had to go to cali because to get into strathclyde you needed 5 As, studying at Cali for a year isn't going to change that.

    I'm sure on this site or yahoo or something someone mentioned a relative studied at cali and then transferred to glasgow uni after a year, but to be honest I think that must be bull****. I mean think about it, it wouldn't exactly be fair to have people transferring to another uni with higher entry requirements when they don't meet the requirements. Lets face it so many people complain about cali not being as good as glasgow uni and strathclyde that cali would be practically empty because everyone would have transferred after their first year.

    If you do have the same highers that strathclyde requires for engineering then you'd be able to transfer but you'd need to have gotten good marks in your modules I think.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.