Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Dearest British Friends: No, the Chinese Don't Like Your Food Either Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigling)
    Aware, I'm not a moron But Britain has taken tea and made it it's own.
    Never said you were a moron lol xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Where are you? What are you being forced to eat?
    USA. Salty microwaved ****.

(Original post by Mukhabarat)
    Are you in America? :holmes:
    Hahaha how did you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    USA. Salty microwaved ****.

Hahaha how did you know?
    The great food desert, as we call it. There are isolated pockets, like oases in the empty wastes, where one can obtain what we humans call "food". Perhaps you are within striking distance of one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Well…I know that the Pakistani kids (for instance) at my school can find our food rather bland. And I agree, I do hate black pudding, along with liver and kidney. Bleugh! But then, when non-British people do have our cuisine, sometimes they can be pleasantly surprised. I get the impression people come over, expecting to have roast dinners, full English breakfasts, trifle (I know, stereotypical of me! ) and enjoy the food they do have. After all, we gave the world chips (as far as I know…) and that must surely count for sonething!

Sorry if this seems to make no sense-I'm tired!
    wtf who even eats that? i've never seen anyone eating any of those things in my life

ReputationRep:
    The great food desert, as we call it. There are isolated pockets, like oases in the empty wastes, where one can obtain what we humans call "food". Perhaps you are within striking distance of one?
    I wish. I have to take a 1 hour bus to get fruit/vegetables/anything other than microwavable mac and cheese.

ReputationRep:
    I wish. I have to take a 1 hour bus to get fruit/vegetables/anything other than microwavable mac and cheese.
    Have you had any spray-on cheese there? Like cheese in a can. Quite an unusual flavour.

Where are you in the US? It tends to be easier in the big cities...

ReputationRep:
    Have you had any spray-on cheese there? Like cheese in a can. Quite an unusual flavour.

Where are you in the US? It tends to be easier in the big cities...
    Haha nah I couldn't eat that :lol: I've even seen spray-on ham at Walmart.

Chapel Hill, NC. Small town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Agree, though without the unnecessary bull****, with the article completely.

Britain's favourite dishes are:
    Fish and Chips
    Chinese
    Indian
    Pizza
    Kebabs

Now, wherever you go to pick up any of that from, it's guaranteed that it wont be served to you by a 'British' person. We hate our own food and we know it.

If it isn't grey and boiled with potatoes on top, it probably isn't British. It's probably the worst cuisine in the world, including American food.
    Uninformed nonsense. Speak for yourself, you've clearly never had the opportunity to sample good British cuisine.

ReputationRep:
    Haha nah I couldn't eat that :lol: I've even seen spray-on ham at Walmart.

Raleigh is like a big university town, with foreign food shops, etc? Too far to go? Shame if so.

I cannot even begin to imagine what spray-on ham is like. The thought makes me shudder. Did it feature in any horror movies?

ReputationRep:
    wtf who even eats that? i've never seen anyone eating any of those things in my life
    It is eaten. Steak and kidney pie? Liver and bacon? Black pudding with a full English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    It is eaten. Steak and kidney pie? Liver and bacon? Black pudding with a full English?
    I refer you to my previous comment

ReputationRep:
    Raleigh is like a big university town, with foreign food shops, etc? Too far to go? Shame if so.

I cannot even begin to imagine what spray-on ham is like. The thought makes me shudder. Did it feature in any horror movies?
    Raleigh is miles away. And it's not all that from what i've heard

I know :puke:

ReputationRep:
    They found black pudding disgusting? Pig blood sausage seems tame compared to Chinese delicacies such as scorpions and spiders on sticks, birds nests and duck foetus'

I quite like black pudding actually, though I barely ever have it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's ****. Why do you think the national dish is now chile con carne?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha how did you know?
    Because you told me. :shh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mukhabarat)
    Because you told me. :shh:
    Then why did you ask :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Then why did you ask :ninja:
    For confirmation :lol: Anyways, what do you eat in the land of the free and the home of the slave?

ReputationRep:

How did you end up there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankymanky)
    How did you end up there?
    uni

ReputationRep:
    uni
    Why'd you choose to study there of all places?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.