Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Thank You for being so brave to answer :-)
    In Your opinion - is that fair to get money from students for studies(ok I am studying for free, but not everyone have this opportunity) when You get some money from taxpayers(e.g. Your students and their families)? I known that You will say that You don't have enough etc. but this is also a question because of government(rather usual people, govt. people don't have so called"big pocket") money for experiments, and in general - science.

I am asking because this is not something that You can easily ask using Your name and surname. And yes I known that this may be hard to answer.

But UK don't have very low taxes like so called "tax heavens". However it still requires that usual people will pay lot of money for studies. Ok, 10% of people can have studies just because they had luck at exams or rich family, but what will be with the UK/Europe if the number of educated people would be lower than in China? Even in China ~10% of rich people with one educated child can make comparable number of educated people in Europe, especially when the number of students will be low.

If You have to choose what would You prefer? Very very low taxes(and no government/usual people taxes money for science, studies) or Sweden(but not only some other countries with similar to UK taxes have free studies) like model with similar or greater taxes and government/usual people money for science?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.