Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in doing a degree next year in Law LLB at Kings college.I am considering doing an Access Course at Kingston College in September, in Humanities, Social Science, Teaching, Business and Law and want to ask whether this is a suitable requirment for this particular degree.I have also retaken my GCSE's & have achieved 5 A*-C.And also i should mention, I was unable to complete my A levels due to personal reasons but was adviced that Access Course is an equivalent qualification & as I am a mature student,this would be a more convenient way.My main concern is as i have retaken GCSE's,would this affect the chances of a place & If i may need more qualifications,such as work experience or perhaps A-Levels.Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jennienarwin,
    That's great that you're interested in studying Law at King's

Here's a link to our entry requirements where you can see the specific results you'll need to get a place. I don't think retaking your GCSE's will affect your application. We do accept the Access Diploma but again, you'll need to check the entry requirements to make sure you have the right credits and results. I suggest you get in touch with our admissions team to discuss your GCSE's and to get the most updated entry details:
    Email [email protected]
    Tel 020 7848 2503/7212

Also, when as you research and begin to apply, note that we have a scholarship programme for our Law students.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
    Sabi

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.