Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Started weight training need advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right i asked the guys the other week to make me a weight training programme the other week but it involves all supersets and as im new i just carnt complete the workout.
    This means im lifting less and not feeling aching or anything at all the next day.
    So this week i have started to do all the same weights but with rests and as heavy as i can and im feeling it the day after now.

So should i stick with the supersets until i get used to them and can lift more or do have the break between sets meaning i can lift more?
    I go the gym alone so waiting for someone to do their set isnt an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry can u please move to fitness section, stupid ipad app messing up again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by formanmark)
    Right i asked the guys the other week to make me a weight training programme the other week but it involves all supersets and as im new i just carnt complete the workout.
    This means im lifting less and not feeling aching or anything at all the next day.
    So this week i have started to do all the same weights but with rests and as heavy as i can and im feeling it the day after now.

So should i stick with the supersets until i get used to them and can lift more or do have the break between sets meaning i can lift more?
    I go the gym alone so waiting for someone to do their set isnt an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Supersets are normally useless, especially for the natural lifter, and ESPECIALLY for noobs.
    I would recommend you ditch the plan entirely and use a tried and tested programme like SS or WS4SB.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.