Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

What kind of music do you listen to? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avni xx)
    Judging from this thread, hardly anyone likes the music I listen to so here it goes:
    -House
    -Progressive House
    -Dub Step
    -A bit of indie like Two Door Cinema Club or Last Dinosaurs (like the Australian version of Two Door)
    -Dance Music

Mainly people like Deadmau5, Avicii, Alesso, Skrillex, Knife Party, Madeon, Nicky Romero, only to name a few.
    I've actually got three Deadmau5 CDs. I don't like them all that much, but I really like I remember, if there's anything else with that singer in I'd give it a go. A few of the tracks from "for lack of a better name" are good too, but really it's not my sort of style, but they're my best friends favourite artist

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much every genre - one minute I'm listening to metal and rock music, then next minute I'm listening to K-pop, and 1D :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soohyun_hoon)
    Pretty much every genre
    I'd be willing to test that :pierre:

What do I listen to? It varies.
    Stoner rock
    Psychedelic rock
    Space rock
    DSBM
    Death metal (preferably brutal/technical)
    Grindcore/goregrind
    Hardcore punk (UK82, etc)
    Hardcore (Minor Threat et al)
    Shoegaze
    Ambient/dream-pop
    Dark Ambient
    Doom/funeral doom
    Sludge
    Classic rock
    Hip-hop (though I'm really picky with it)
    And a little bit of prog gets thrown into the mix every now and again.

Though that's by no means a complete list...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)

Ambient/dream-pop

Don't really think they're all too similar. Cocteau Twins isn't really much like Eno or stars of the lid

Also I've already done the whole "you don't REALLY listen to every genre" thing in this thread thing

ReputationRep:
    Mashups! If that's a genre..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)

What do I listen to? It varies.
    Stoner rock
    Psychedelic rock
    Space rock
    DSBM
    Death metal (preferably brutal/technical)
    Grindcore/goregrind
    Hardcore punk (UK82, etc)
    Hardcore (Minor Threat et al)
    Shoegaze
    Ambient/dream-pop
    Dark Ambient
    Doom/funeral doom
    Sludge
    Classic rock
    Hip-hop (though I'm really picky with it)
    And a little bit of prog gets thrown into the mix every now and again.

When I said pretty much, it means the majority of genre's/ type of music, though not every single one

ReputationRep:
    This stuff: http://www.last.fm/user/ninetythousand

Lately I guess if I had to name two genres, dream pop and trip-hop. But in a more general sense, rock, indie, downtempo, hip-hop. Some metal from my old metalhead days but I probably only buy about one metal album a year now. A bunch of exceptions to all that, but I can't cover everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Don't really think they're all too similar. Cocteau Twins isn't really much like Eno or stars of the lid
    I suppose not, no. I'm not quite why I added them together to be honest.

Also I've already done the whole "you don't REALLY listen to every genre" thing in this thread thing
    I skim read most of the first page, my apologies

ReputationRep:
    Mainly rock/it's variants, some indie and 80/90s music.

Typically listen to two or three hours a day, all via Spotify as I have it on all my devices so I can listen to it on the move or when chilling in t'house.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to pretty much anything, and I actually do. Anything that has a good sound, I listen to it, with a good enough melody, or a good beat.
    Found a lot of artists's and music by scouting on forums for music likes so threads like this help.

I listen to Classical (Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Mahler to name a few) Rock, Metal, Trance, Dance, (Most electronic genres to be honest) Pop, DnB, New Age and anything inbetween, depending on how I feel. All the way to computer game compositions, and Module files from the likes of Amiga, etc.
    I also have some 60's in my collection, as well as quite a few 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCh3-NvLcOM

That is something I'm listening to right now, but its well away from other styles I've listed.

If I could, I would listen to music all day. I work somewhere that doesn't play music though.

I'm honestly versatile. I'm not like my dad who sticks to a few styles. I have took his music, and developed my own specific likes too.
    I'd be one to spend a lot on audio products.
    My headphones for one, and I want to upgrade my sound system for home. My car audio sound system has recently been enhanced.

I don't tend to go out for the day without taking my headphones/portable amp/S3 with Spotify, FLAC's, Modules on it.

EDIT:

If you really want to know what I listen to, and you have Spotify.

Search for:

Ones I Find

It's under my profile Musical_Kage

If you don't agree that is a varied list, you never will.
    But it is mainly what I listen to on a daily basis, apart from some CD rips not on Spotify, or some Albums I didn't want to put in the full list.

My starred list contains 1055 tracks thus far, of varying styles.
    Subscribe if you like some of it. I add various stuff from day to day if I find anything of interest. Its a dump for all my music likes.

Here is the link for all you lazy people:

http://open.spotify.com/user/musical...NExkafj7AdZp61

ReputationRep:
    YOU KNOW WHAT? I LISTEN TO EVERYTHIN AND ANYTHING APART FROM HEAVY METAL TBH-

TO BE SPECIFIC-SO FAR IM OBESSESSED WITH FRANK SEXY OCEAN/THE WEEKEND/THE XX/RIHANNA/CASABIAN/KENDRICK LAMAR

its mainly indie/rNb and some other mainstream shizz bizz really.

and how many hours? ALLL DAYY EVRYYDAYY BABBBBBBBBBBBBYY

XOXOXO

ReputationRep:
    I listen to most types of music except for chart music, I hate that. Some of my favourite bands/artists are Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Jake Bugg, The Beatles etc. I listen to music every day, whether it's in bed at night or if I'm on my way to school. I never, ever leave the house without my iPod!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15IjgyHd60

<EARGASMICCCCCCCC

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.