Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Failed a uni module-last straw Watch

I have depression and anxiety which I take anti-depressants for, and for the last 2 years I've been ok. However lately everything has been crashing down.

I don't want to do anything, I see no point. I'm lonely- I'm getting out of an abusive relationship right now but without him as company it's going to be even worse. I have few friends but they've drifted away. And now I've failed a uni module- uni was the only thing I had- I don't know what the point is. Now I have to re-take, be capped at 40% and if I fail that I'm chucked out of uni, and then I really won't know what to do with my life. When I told the abusive boyfriend he said 'it's your fault for being a f****** r****d.

I have barely eaten and lost a stone in just a week. I like the feel of having control over my weight at least. My family tell me go to the doctor but I don't want to get better, I don't want to live my life and be happy about it with the way it is now. I don't want to be me anymore.

If theres someone out there that can relate I'd appreciate it. I feel alone and just at the end really.

ReputationRep:
    The way you are feeling right now is probably the lowest you will feel. I have been there, this time last year in fact. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship & my self-esteem just didn't exist. I dropped 2 stone in 6 weeks.

The only advice i found that got me through those dark days was
    "Things can't get any worse, they can only get better".
    I took myself off to the university counselling service, not by choice, I had an emotional meltdown on the phone to my mum who marched me straight down there! But, I found it really really helped. Its not a miracle cure and its not for everyone, but she built me into someone I always dreamt of being like & i even plucked up the courage to dump my boyfriend. And d'ya know what? I'm fine! Its him who has ballooned in weight, isn't doing well at uni & has lost friends.

The times in life that will test you are the ones that make you stronger. Its a hurdle but go and resit the exam, its not the end of the world- look around you. Children with cancer, poverty, death... You can do this and you have the option some people dont.

Pull your socks up and get some help if you feel you need it. Asking for help is NOTHING to be ashamed of. Once you've overcome this, you'll look back and think...

Well done me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have depression and anxiety which I take anti-depressants for, and for the last 2 years I've been ok. However lately everything has been crashing down.

I've started to feel like I don't want to live anymore. I don't want to do anything, I see no point. I'm lonely- I'm getting out of an abusive relationship right now but without him as company it's going to be even worse. I have few friends but they've drifted away. And now I've failed a uni module- uni was the only thing I had- I don't know what the point is. Now I have to re-take, be capped at 40% and if I fail that I'm chucked out of uni, and then I really won't know what to do with my life. When I told the abusive boyfriend he said 'it's your fault for being a f****** r****d.

I have barely eaten and lost a stone in just a week. I like the feel of having control over my weight at least. I keep having suicidal thoughts and my family tell me go to the doctor but I don't want to get better, I don't want to live my life and be happy about it with the way it is now. I don't want to be me anymore.

If theres someone out there that can relate I'd appreciate it. I feel alone and just at the end really.
    Clearly your abusive boyfriend as you've referred to him as is having a negative effect on your life, why on earth would you want to be with someone who constantly lowers your self-esteem? And try to remain upbeat, failure isn't always the end, that's why your given multiple chances in life, I can't fully understand from a depressed point of view since it hasn't occurred to me yet, but please keep upbeat, think about the future and get rid of your boyfriend, he sounds like an arse.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.