Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I feel sick in the morning Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 19 and ever since I was 13 and at school I've been feeling sick when I wake up in the morning. It doesn't happen everyday but it does happen a lot. I feel like there's sick coming up my throat and I have that feeling in my stomach like I need to throw up. I rarely ever do throw up, but it's just really annoying. It normally lasts for a few hours then goes away. I woke up an hour ago for college and I'm feeling exactly like this today, I'm contemplating not going to college but my mum would probably kill me as she doesn't like me staying off and it's the 3rd block today so I have brand new classes. I feel really sick when i move about, so I'm really dreading going on the train as the motion of it will make me feel even worse. I'm a pretty anxious person all the time so I'm thinking it could be anxiety? I've never been to the doctors about it, my mum doesn't believe me and thinks I'm just playing up to get a day off. Help? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had that, no idea why but the doc said it was probably anxiety gave me a script for propanolol and a few Valiums here and there... worked a treat and more or less felt right as rain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YikezItzAmy)
    I'm almost 19 and ever since I was 13 and at school I've been feeling sick when I wake up in the morning. It doesn't happen everyday but it does happen a lot. I feel like there's sick coming up my throat and I have that feeling in my stomach like I need to throw up. I rarely ever do throw up, but it's just really annoying. It normally lasts for a few hours then goes away. I woke up an hour ago for college and I'm feeling exactly like this today, I'm contemplating not going to college but my mum would probably kill me as she doesn't like me staying off and it's the 3rd block today so I have brand new classes. I feel really sick when i move about, so I'm really dreading going on the train as the motion of it will make me feel even worse. I'm a pretty anxious person all the time so I'm thinking it could be anxiety? I've never been to the doctors about it, my mum doesn't believe me and thinks I'm just playing up to get a day off. Help? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could go to see a doctor yourself, without consulting with your Mum about it?

It sounds like maybe you have anxieties as you yourself mention them, but it would be worth going to see the doctors to ask about it. Lots of NHS practises have Practise Nurses who are friendly, you could ask for an appointment with one of them rather than a doctor if you don't want to see a doctor for any reason.

ReputationRep:
    Fullofsurprises I have no idea why someone negged you cause I would have said the same thing
    I sometimes feel like crap before work on a Saturday cause it's such a busy day and I got anxious
    Once I get there and calm down and realise it's not that bad then it goes away
    OP it sounds like your mum is not being sypathetic enough to how you feel so GP is deffo in order
    Just explain how you feel
    If they get funny with you or don't seem to show any interest then just go to another GP - you have a right to be listened to and respected for what you're feeling
    x

ReputationRep:
    It could be something like acid reflux? You have every right to see a doctor without telling anyone and there's no reason for your mum to find out if you don't want her to know.

ReputationRep:
    As a mum, I would advise you to go along to the doctor to get it investigated. You've had it since you were 13, so you've tried to live with it for a wee while so it's not a temporary thing.
    It may or may not be down to anxiety, but the first thing would be to see your GP and possibly get a referral to a gastroenterologist for further tests. That way you can find out if it has an organic cause. I agree, anxiety might well cause this type of symptom too, but it would be useful to you to know if that's definitely the case. My son gets this type of sickness and it turned out to have a physical cause for which he now gets treatment.
    Best of luck and hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madam, I'm Adam)
    It could be something like acid reflux? You have every right to see a doctor without telling anyone and there's no reason for your mum to find out if you don't want her to know.
    I was thinking acid reflux if not anxiety - try gaviscon or something to see if it helps. I would go to the doctors either way. Its not good to have acid reflux long term and its also not good to be suffering from anxiety that affects you like this.

ReputationRep:
    I feel really sick, and sometimes puke, when I have to wake up early. Does it happen to you on weekends when you can sleep in?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.