Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Worried about best friend...... Watch

I have a female friend of whom I feel is my best friend, she is the closest female friend I have, last year I offended her and I got quite upset as she stopped talking to me, I said a joke about her weight (never making that mistake again) and we stopped talking.

After a while we reconciled and things were back to normal and I've enjoyed having her back as my friend. However, at the weekend we were at the pub a group of us and I said, "oh you wore this yesterday in that pic of yours" with a smile and she smiled back and she told me about it, that she was gonna go out but never did. I didnt think much of it until yesterday when I commented on her fb I never got a reply and I sent a group text yesterday inviting her out and I never got a reply, I sent her a jokey text too about something different, and I never got a reply. (lol sounds like Im needy but im not this was in a space of like 16 hours.

Then it reminded me that girls have this inane obsession of not wanting to be seen out in the same outfit twice, when boys really dont care, at least I dont if a girl wears something out twice. Why should it matter if she looks nice regardless of what she wears, which she did thats all that matters, not how many times she wears it. I dont think its trashy or cheap or anything, shes an attractive girl she has a bf ffs so why if I said that would it (if it has offended her) I dont wanna go a long period without speaking again, Id hate to hurt anyone's feelings, but she usually replies!

(Something else not related to this has got to me though is, i invited people out yesterday like I said above and only like 2 people got back to me after asking atleast 8 people out, makes me feel unwanted but they always ask me or expect me to go out when I invite them, they are supposed to be my friends )

bump

ReputationRep:
    Think perhaps you're over-analysing things dude, if you think you may have offended her find out.. as for people not getting back to you, sometimes that's just life..

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Think perhaps you're over-analysing things dude, if you think you may have offended her find out.. as for people not getting back to you, sometimes that's just life..
    Yeah I really dunno if i have, i could be overthjnking i'll have to see next time i see her.

ovethinking**

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have a friend who got that easily offended.

It would just grate on my nerves.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your friend has major anxiety issues

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.